Things that drive you crazy

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
I have two things that drive me carzy every time I go to Disney. :confused: I was curious if they drive anyone else crazy or maybe something else. (I'm not sure if this had alrdy been discussed or not ,but here it is)

1.) It drives me crazy when people walk by snapping pictures of characters when someone other then their kids are up there. I can not tell you how many people probably have pictures of my kids. Which is a little scarey. I hate anyone having pictures of my kids that I don't know. To many weirdos out there. Though most I understand just want the picture of the character, but if thats the case get in line like the rest of everyone else and wait your turn or atleast wait a few mint. when the kids walk off and snap a picture. That way you don't have to explain to folks why you have two strange kids in your picture with the character. I know at one of the characters a CM told people not to take pictures cause it wasn't their kids up there. I would love to see more of this.I know this wouldn't stop it all, but cut down on it. Anyways just a thought.

2.) I hate being on the monarail or the ferry at the end of the night when they crowd all those people on there. The sets feel up which is fine, but then you have people standing. I have always taught my son ( my husband is the same way) if you see a lady or a very small child standing to give up your sit and let them have it. I know how hard it is at the end of the night and everyone's feet hurt and you are tired. I can not tell you how many men I will see sitting while pregnant ,woman holding sleeping little ones, or just plain out little ones standing while a man sits. My husband and son have both giving sits up and I myself.

Anyways those are my two takes on the matter that drive me crazy. lol

stlbobby

I always offer my seat to a lady or older gentleman, or someone with a cane or walker, or in obvious distress. But I completely disagree about small children. Unless they are on a parent's lap they need to stand out of respect for their elders. This applies not only to buses and ferries, but at packed shows. I've stood through Fantasmic! several times so a woman could take my seat. I even gave up my bus seat to a guy at least fifteen years younger than me because he was way overweight and clearly needed to sit at the end of a long day.

My irritation is when I see a gaggle of children taking up a row of seats on a bus wrestling and thrashing around while there are women, elderly people, or just tired moms and dads standing. Either get on a parent's lap or stand-up.

I guess I'm just old school.

luv

I have tons of random people in my pics. I'm sure I'm in some of theirs. No way around it, really.

People on public transportation systems rarely give up seats. Par for the course there. I'm impressed when someone actually does it.

The line cutting bugs me most. Also the texting in movies. So rude.

Also, the parents who don't let their kids sleep or force their kids to do things that frighten them.

wiigirl

The not giving up seats bothers me the most! My parents taught me and my brother to give up our seats to those who needed them. If my grandpa can stand up to offer his seat to a lady or child (or even another man who he thinks needs a seat) then so can other able bodies.

This! Grrrrrr.... :mad:
75.gif

psukardi

The not giving up seats bothers me the most! My parents taught me and my brother to give up our seats to those who needed them. If my grandpa can stand up to offer his seat to a lady or child (or even another man who he thinks needs a seat) then so can other able bodies.

I give up my seats too. But part of me wonders if this is a double-standard. Women preached from the pulpit how they wanted equality; equal rights and the whole bit.

Some may argue that there is no logical reason to give up a seat to a perfectly healthy woman. If she is strong and hearty, let her stand with the other men. These are the same women that claimed they didn't need a man in their life, but now when it's something to their gain they want said seat.

That being said - I just stand and give up the seat as that's how I was raised.

Sofiesmom

At the water parks how everything feels slimy. Yuck. I refuse to walk barefoot. We wear our flip flops when we go on rides and lazy river, etc. I dont know if this applies to your original post but I just had to say it. Yuck!!!! :rolleyes:

sydney

I always offer my seat to a lady or older gentleman, or someone with a cane or walker, or in obvious distress. But I completely disagree about small children. Unless they are on a parent's lap they need to stand out of respect for their elders. This applies not only to buses and ferries, but at packed shows. I've stood through Fantasmic! several times so a woman could take my seat. I even gave up my bus seat to a guy at least fifteen years younger than me because he was way overweight and clearly needed to sit at the end of a long day.

My irritation is when I see a gaggle of children taking up a row of seats on a bus wrestling and thrashing around while there are women, elderly people, or just tired moms and dads standing. Either get on a parent's lap or stand-up.

I guess I'm just old school.

I agree to an extent. The children I'm referring to are ones that would probably go flying across the bus trying to stand. And I also agree parents should make their children sit on their laps instead of everyone getting a seat. This past trip I found it hard to hold my tongue when my grandma and grandpa were stuck standing because a familydecided to let their 8ish year old daughters take up 3seats laying down. The family of 4 took up 8seats being rude! My grandparents and I were the only ones left standing

I'm not good with confrontation, and my grandparents told me to not worry about it. :( it really upset me.

sydney

I give up my seats too. But part of me wonders if this is a double-standard. Women preached from the pulpit how they wanted equality; equal rights and the whole bit.

Some may argue that there is no logical reason to give up a seat to a perfectly healthy woman. If she is strong and hearty, let her stand with the other men. These are the same women that claimed they didn't need a man in their life, but now when it's something to their gain they want said seat.

Preach. You make an extremely valid point.

Spikerdink

One of my biggest peeves has to deal with the bus stops at the resort....unlike the parks that have the lines all set, the resorts (or the ones I stay at anyway....) do not. What bugs me is that there are people who have been waiting for the bus for 15 - 20 minutes and someone comes running up and stands so they will be the first group on the bus. Meanwhile, the group that has been sitting patiently may have to stand because the new group had to crowd their way to the front. If it is an empty bus, no harm, no foul....but one that is pretty crowded people should figure out approximately where they are in turn and slot in accordingly.....

Beholder

Our last time staying at WDW, we were returning on a bus from DTD back to our resort. A younger couple got on the bus and the mom was holding a sleeping child. I got up insisting she take my seat and afterwards she and her husband thanked me. While this was going on, two teenage boys were seated across from us, watching this happen. The next stop, a larger family got on, the dad also carrying a sleeping child. One of the teenagers stared at the dad, the he'd look at me, and then back. After a few moments wrestling through this internal struggle he was obviously going through, he asked the dad if he'd like to sit. He accepted the offer. The boy looked over at me and I simply nodded.

Pass it on. It works.

stlbobby

I agree to an extent. The children I'm referring to are ones that would probably go flying across the bus trying to stand. And I also agree parents should make their children sit on their laps instead of everyone getting a seat. This past trip I found it hard to hold my tongue when my grandma and grandpa were stuck standing because a familydecided to let their 8ish year old daughters take up 3seats laying down. The family of 4 took up 8seats being rude! My grandparents and I were the only ones left standing

I'm not good with confrontation, and my grandparents told me to not worry about it. :( it really upset me.

Those rude people are the ones about which I am talking.

As far as little ones flying, they aren't any safer in a hard plastic seat with no belt. If they are that small they should be on a lap even if no one else is on the bus.

Britt

I am a fully able bodied female and give up my seat in a second to any elderly male or elderly female who gets on the monorail/bus/tram. My husband always gives up his seat to elderly or women, and my young boys are taught to stand (or sit on my lap) on the monorail. It's automatic for them (they are 7, 6 and obviously the 2 year old doesn't understand yet) : )

stlbobby

One of my biggest peeves has to deal with the bus stops at the resort....unlike the parks that have the lines all set, the resorts (or the ones I stay at anyway....) do not. What bugs me is that there are people who have been waiting for the bus for 15 - 20 minutes and someone comes running up and stands so they will be the first group on the bus. Meanwhile, the group that has been sitting patiently may have to stand because the new group had to crowd their way to the front. If it is an empty bus, no harm, no foul....but one that is pretty crowded people should figure out approximately where they are in turn and slot in accordingly.....

I don't think this has ever happened to me. Occasionally an over-enthusiastic child will run in front, but never a large group just cutting the line. I guess I've been lucky.

Britt

OP - I have tons of pics of other peoples kids in my WDW pics...it's inevitable...whether with a character, in a cue, eating lunch or playing at the pool, I've got tons of other kids in our pics. I couldn't even tell you what they look like though...I pay no mind to them, Im looking at my own kids sweet smiling faces.

Your kiddos are probably in the background of tons of other pics in those same situations ^^ <3

Britt

People who feel the need to stand right behind you in line. It makes me feel uncomfortable. It's okay to stand a little ways back.

Also anyone who feels that Disney is theirs. WDW was not created specifically for you, others are trying to enjoy it too.
oooooooo ME TOO!!!! The ones who's crotch is right on you and you're going "Ummmmm....am I going to get pregnant standing in Splash Mountains line??? Back the heck up!"

sydney

Another thing that bothers me are the people who are just unhappy and seems to want to pick a fight with everyone.

Example: while working last Christmas a guest was in a bad mood and our line was wrong. When I welcomed them and asked how they were enjoying their disney vacation they blew up on me...it gets better, the family behind her had an extremely excited child that accudently bumped into her dancing. She turned around yelled at that lady and child saying she spent good money on her trip not to be 'attacked' by unruly children...
o_O

Or when guest get angry at CMs for trying to preserve the magic, example: a guest called me an extremely rude name after he asked how many Mickey mouses were on property and I answered one.

ddbowdoin

reading this forum when I don't have a trip planned... it's both joy and misery all wrapped up in one.

I luckily have a trip booked for March 2013, but I'm not sure how often we'll go back after. I'd like to maintain my once a year pace but my wife and I are trying to buy a house and it's time to be responsible.

Luckily, I might be seeing a DVC come my way via my MIL who just wants grandkids... that's a good trade for me, children with the incentive of a DVC package

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom