Things I'm shocked don't have an elaborate themed Ride

TomboyJanet

Original Poster
Properties may have either existed in the past or had small attractions but

Star Trek: I could see an extension of those shuttle experiences doing something like a Rise of the Resistance type of thing. In the future more advanced theme park tech could become more feasible financially, and they could come up with some pretty cool things. Phaser shooting animatronic Dark rides? A beaming simulator like in Cosmic Rewind? So much there!

Lord of the Rings: With the success of Harry Potter, I'm shocked this isn't here already. There was talk about it going to Universal or the Great Movie Ride but I haven't seen anything yet, and the GMR is gone. (SAD!) I could see so many rides from coasters to dark rides, to a Moria Mine cart ride, Elven Boat ride like the Navi River, and a Hobbiton meet and greet or animatronic thing.

Legend of Zelda: Where was that in the Nintendo World? They could have made something! I'd see a boat ride personally through the various temple/dungeon influenced interiors, maybe have link/Zelda hats and ears, and Meet Zelda in her castle and Link.

Sonic The Hedgehog: There was a coaster, and I think there is something in Japan, but A fully themed looping coaster mimicking sonic's landscapes would be awesome!

Do you have any things you'd like to see get a big theme park ride/land?

Last edited:

some other guy

These things may have had coasters or something small in the past but nothing major has been large.

Star Trek: I could see an extension of those shuttle experiences doing something like a Rise of the Resistance type of thing. In the future more advanced theme park tech could become more feasible financially, and they could come up with some pretty cool things. Phaser shooting animatronic Dark rides? A beaming simulator like in Cosmic Rewind? So much there!

Lord of the Rings: With the success of Harry Potter, I'm shocked this isn't here already. There was talk about it going to Universal or the Great Movie Ride but I haven't seen anything yet, and the GMR is gone. (SAD!) I could see so many rides from coasters to dark rides, to a Moria Mine cart ride, Elven Boat ride like the Navi River, and a Hobbiton meet and greet or animatronic thing.

Legend of Zelda: Where was that in the Nintendo World? They could have made something! I'd see a boat ride personally through the various temple/dungeon influenced interiors, maybe have link/Zelda hats and ears, and Meet Zelda in her castle and Link.

Star Trek Experience in Vegas wasn't exactly "small"

some other guy

Well it's sadly there no longer before I got to visit it :( I also missed the one right here in NY because I was unemplyed at the time :'(
I was very lucky to get to see it, even if it meant all the fun of going to Vegas when you're only twenty, and not of legal age to do anything in Vegas. With my parents!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I would love to see a fully fleshed out New Orleans area with a signature log flume ride.
PatF needs some love.

BasiltheBatLord

Properties may have either existed in the past or had small attractions but

Sonic The Hedgehog: There was a coaster, and I think there is something in Japan, but A fully themed looping coaster mimicking sonic's landscapes would be awesome!

Rumor is that LotR is still being negotiated with Uni

Zelda is heavily rumored for Uni, lots of speculation that it's going into IoA in the near future.

Sonic had tie-ins at Merlin parks in the UK but never anything super built out. Also has had attractions at Joypolis indoor park in Japan but again nothing extensive.

some other guy

Rumor is that LotR is still being negotiated with Uni

Zelda is heavily rumored for Uni, lots of speculation that it's going into IoA in the near future.

Sonic had tie-ins at Merlin parks in the UK but never anything super built out. Also has had attractions at Joypolis indoor park in Japan but again nothing extensive.
I recall hitting that Sega big Dave and Busters type thing they had down at Sawgrass Mills in the mid 00s or so
it was very weird to see Sega try to pad out the kid's menu placemat with mascots beyond Sonic
probably the only work Alex Kidd and Nights had gotten in years lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom