Things I Tried During The First 3 Days of the Flower & Garden Festival

BoardwalkGigi

Original Poster
I just got back from a wonderful stay at Disney's Boardwalk. We spent most of our park time in Epcot. The F&G Festival Kiosks were open on the last few days of our trip so I thought I'd share some comments on the things I sampled. I don't do pictures but I thought I'd start a discussion. If there is already a thread on this hopefully a mod can merge but I couldn't find one.

HONEY BEE-STRO
-Roasted Cauliflower- this was basically a plate of mushy rice pilaf with a swirl of carrot puree. There were a couple of burnt grapes on the plate too, but whoever plated it forgot the cauliflower. Reading the description here on the board it says there is also sunflower brittle. I'm not sure what that is. I didn't receive any. SUPER DISAPPOINTING

PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
-Frittata Asparagi- this was basically a disk of egg with a lot of small pieces of asparagus. It was a little dry. BORING
-Fritto Misto- this was a large portion of small shrimp with a crispy, light coating and 2 pieces of breaded, fried zucchini. It was tasty and a pretty good value because there were many shrimp. GOOD, ENJOYABLE

BAUERNMARKT
-Potato Pancakes with Applesauce- this was nasty. The flavor combination just didn't work for me and the potatoes were mushy. NO
-Potato Pancakes with ham, onion, sour cream- this was okay, very filling, nothing special, and as above, the potatoes were mushy. MEH
-Pretzel Bread- this was topped with salty ham and a very tasty gruyere cheese. The pretzel part was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. VERY GOOD

SMOKEHOUSE
-Beef Brisket Beef Hash- we tried this twice. The first time it was soooo good. There were roasted potatoes and many decent sized, tender pieces of brisket, as well as a cheddar cheese sauce, onions, and a couple of jalapenos. EXCELLENT
Sadly, the second time it consisted of under cooked potatoes, very little meat (2 tiny pieces), way too much cheese sauce, all topped with a pile of raw onion. Not the same dish at all. This went in the trash can barely touched. YUCK
If you decide to try this, I'd recommend doing so when they aren't busy. Our first time there was no one in line. The second time the line was very long. Possibly this makes the difference.

TASTE OF MARRAKESH
-Desert Rose- sparkling wine with pomegranate liquor. This wasn't very sweet, which I like. If you prefer sweet cocktails this isn't for you. EXCELLENT

FLORIDA FRESH
-Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Gin- This was extremely sweet. Too sweet for me. The amount of gin was very generous. If you like sweet cocktails you may enjoy this more than I did. OKAY

CIDER HOUSE
-Cider Flight- 3 sample sizes of ciders, 1 black cherry, 1 apple, 1 tropical. I LOVED this enough to get it twice. EXCELLENT

bhg469

I just got back from a wonderful stay at Disney's Boardwalk. We spent most of our park time in Epcot. The F&G Festival Kiosks were open on the last few days of our trip so I thought I'd share some comments on the things I sampled. I don't do pictures but I thought I'd start a discussion. If there is already a thread on this hopefully a mod can merge but I couldn't find one.

HONEY BEE-STRO
-Roasted Cauliflower- this was basically a plate of mushy rice pilaf with a swirl of carrot puree. There were a couple of burnt grapes on the plate too, but whoever plated it forgot the cauliflower. Reading the description here on the board it says there is also sunflower brittle. I'm not sure what that is. I didn't receive any. SUPER DISAPPOINTING

PRIMAVERA KITCHEN
-Frittata Asparagi- this was basically a disk of egg with a lot of small pieces of asparagus. It was a little dry. BORING
-Fritto Misto- this was a large portion of small shrimp with a crispy, light coating and 2 pieces of breaded, fried zucchini. It was tasty and a pretty good value because there were many shrimp. GOOD, ENJOYABLE

BAUERNMARKT
-Potato Pancakes with Applesauce- this was nasty. The flavor combination just didn't work for me and the potatoes were mushy. NO
-Potato Pancakes with ham, onion, sour cream- this was okay, very filling, nothing special, and as above, the potatoes were mushy. MEH
-Pretzel Bread- this was topped with salty ham and a very tasty gruyere cheese. The pretzel part was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. VERY GOOD

SMOKEHOUSE
-Beef Brisket Beef Hash- we tried this twice. The first time it was soooo good. There were roasted potatoes and many decent sized, tender pieces of brisket, as well as a cheddar cheese sauce, onions, and a couple of jalapenos. EXCELLENT
Sadly, the second time it consisted of under cooked potatoes, very little meat (2 tiny pieces), way too much cheese sauce, all topped with a pile of raw onion. Not the same dish at all. This went in the trash can barely touched. YUCK
If you decide to try this, I'd recommend doing so when they aren't busy. Our first time there was no one in line. The second time the line was very long. Possibly this makes the difference.

TASTE OF MARRAKESH
-Desert Rose- sparkling wine with pomegranate liquor. This wasn't very sweet, which I like. If you prefer sweet cocktails this isn't for you. EXCELLENT

FLORIDA FRESH
-Watermelon Cucumber Slushy with Gin- This was extremely sweet. Too sweet for me. The amount of gin was very generous. If you like sweet cocktails you may enjoy this more than I did. OKAY

CIDER HOUSE
-Cider Flight- 3 sample sizes of ciders, 1 black cherry, 1 apple, 1 tropical. I LOVED this enough to get it twice. EXCELLENT
I want to say last year they featured a local cherry cider called mckenzies. It is made in western ny and was fantastic.

DisneyGigi

I loved that burnt ends brisket hash, we got it twice in 2016 but both times it was great. The line wasn’t very long and it was early morning both times. I agree with you on the Watermelon Cucumber drink, it was good but sweet. I did love the fresh cucumber taste though.

NeedMoreMickey

Tried it last year and liked it. I went to our local store after I got home and ask if they had any McKenzie's cider and the guy almost apologized because all they has was the black cherry. I told him that's exactly what I wanted.

bhg469

Tried it last year and liked it. I went to our local store after I got home and ask if they had any McKenzie's cider and the guy almost apologized because all they has was the black cherry. I told him that's exactly what I wanted.
they were up to about 4 varieties last time I looked to buy some. The black cherry is extremely sweet to me and I can only handle one of those a sitting but they are tasty.

BoardwalkGigi

Original Poster
I loved that burnt ends brisket hash, we got it twice in 2016 but both times it was great. The line wasn’t very long and it was early morning both times. I agree with you on the Watermelon Cucumber drink, it was good but sweet. I did love the fresh cucumber taste though.
It seems that quality control goes out the window when things are rushed. My experience was with the first 3 days of the festival, so maybe things will become more consistent as time goes on.

BoardwalkGigi

Original Poster
they were up to about 4 varieties last time I looked to buy some. The black cherry is extremely sweet to me and I can only handle one of those a sitting but they are tasty.
That's why it was so nice to have it as part of the flight. The 3 different varieties balanced each other very well.

JIMINYCR

HONEY BEE-STRO

PRIMAVERA KITCHEN

BAUERNMARKT

SMOKEHOUSE

TASTE OF MARRAKESH

FLORIDA FRESH

CIDER HOUSE

Thanks for the review. Im looking forward to trying some of those and many others. Youve given me a starting place to think about the options. It pays to check out others reviews...in the past Ive also found varying flavor and tastiness, sometimes wishing I had had a heads up on what I purchased.

Mainahman

We ate sooo many scallops at the Canada pavilion last week. My wife is still talking about them. Also the cake from the Smokehouse, while potent was delicious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom