Things I really hate about our WDW Resort ( sarcasm)

Nottamus

Original Poster
Our home resort of choice is AKL Jambo house...

I really hate when we pull up to the guard house and guys says "welcome home"
I hate seeing the main building as we pull up..all that theming.
Really hate that lobby, all filled with cool things and how it smells like ....well, home
I hate that I have my own little killer coffee spot there for every morning while my wife gets ready
I hate that some cool animals are right outside of my room....
I dont like the food choices at all, no matter how awesome they taste...
I dont like our room, because its awesome
I dont like the pool area in the daytime because its my favorite pool area
I also dont like the pool area at night for how relaxing it is...
I dont like how you can smell Boma food cooking in the lobby even though its amazing
I dont like how the wife and I have a great time every trip...
I kinda wish i was there right now
(ok, that one was true)

Raineman

Here are all of the things I hate about POFQ, and I'm going to keep going back so I can find more stuff to hate:

-the turn-of-the-century New Orleans style architecture is horrible
-I hate the quiet, tree-lined streets and I'm going to lose it if I have to see that beautiful horse-drawn carriage rolling by again
-I hate having to eat those beignets with all of that powdered sugar on top-and the strawberry and chocolate dip makes it worse
-that water taxi ride down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs is so relaxing, it makes me sick
-I can't stand the fact that the resort is small and cozy-why should I have a short walk to get to the buses/main lobby from my room?
-I don't think I could hate the colorful, whimsical Mardi Gras theming throughout the resort more than I do now

Lilofan

Here are all of the things I hate about POFQ, and I'm going to keep going back so I can find more stuff to hate:

-the turn-of-the-century New Orleans style architecture is horrible
-I hate the quiet, tree-lined streets and I'm going to lose it if I have to see that beautiful horse-drawn carriage rolling by again
-I hate having to eat those beignets with all of that powdered sugar on top-and the strawberry and chocolate dip makes it worse
-that water taxi ride down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs is so relaxing, it makes me sick
-I can't stand the fact that the resort is small and cozy-why should I have a short walk to get to the buses/main lobby from my room?
-I don't think I could hate the colorful, whimsical Mardi Gras theming throughout the resort more than I do now
Beignets even the authentic ones in New Orleans are supposed to be covered with lots of sugar. Port Orleans used to have an all you can eat buffet breakfast which included hot and fresh beignets 20 years ago .

Raineman

Beignets even the authentic ones in New Orleans are supposed to be covered with lots of sugar. Port Orleans used to have an all you can eat buffet breakfast which included hot and fresh beignets 20 years ago .
Yup, I was being completely sarcastic, like the OP. I love everything I listed, and that definitely includes the beignets-the more sugar, the better.

Mickey Pride

Here are things I hate about the POP Century resort.
- the way they have these gigantic artifacts from years gone by placed around on the grounds and most of them I don't even know what they are.

- the pool is way too large. I would much rather have a small pool where about 25 people at a time could fit in it.

- And what is up with these quick service food places at the resort. What do they want me to gain 50 pounds on my vacation eating all these snacks.

- Also to add to the quick service food what is up with the Pool Side Bar. Do they want me to be drunk all the time?

Why can't they just remodel POP Century after a good old fashion Holiday Inn. :)

Lilofan

Here are things I hate about the POP Century resort.
- the way they have these gigantic artifacts from years gone by placed around on the grounds and most of them I don't even know what they are.

- the pool is way too large. I would much rather have a small pool where about 25 people at a time could fit in it.

- And what is up with these quick service food places at the resort. What do they want me to gain 50 pounds on my vacation eating all these snacks.

- Also to add to the quick service food what is up with the Pool Side Bar. Do they want me to be drunk all the time?

Why can't they just remodel POP Century after a good old fashion Holiday Inn. :)
Defibrillators all over the place also. WDW is prepared in advance.

westie

I got to admit, the welcome home thing ticks me off. I can never initially find my room at PO. What happened to the in-room coffee? I pray that social distancing keeps people from touching me. I'm really only here for the Morimoto Ribs. Sorry, these posts touched a button.

JIMINYCR

Things I'm hating about upgrading from POFQ to the Contemp. resort
1. I'll hate watching the Electrical Water Pageant display again on Bay Lake. It's so entertaining.
2. I'll hate being able to walk to and from the resort to MK rather than wasting long periods of time waiting for a bus, avoiding the crowds.
3. I'll hate having to ride the Monorail to EP instead of again, waiting for a bus. Those Monorails are so inconvenient.
4. I'll hate having to eat the breakfast buffet at the wave. ( Even after seeing they have bisquits & gravy as a selection like POFQ does)
5. I'll hate sitting at the end of the dock at night with my coffee, enjoying the sunset over Bay Lake. Have to put up with the romantic sight.
6. I'll hate having to watch the MK fireworks from the upper deck of the Contemp. I'd rather compete for a viewing area.
7. I'll hate having all those resort shops to buy my Dis items from, too many options to decide.
8. I'll hate having a bigger arcade area to compete on more games with DS.
9. I'll hate having a larger spaced room to relax in at night. I like being cramped in.
10. I'll hate having to tolerate having a sandy beach, nice hot tub and large pools to enjoy but somehow i'll manage.

Yess having to spend 2 weeks at the Contemp. will be truly murder, but I'll somehow get through it.

Mainahman

Things i hate about Upgrading from ASM to Kidani
-Those Dirty Animals
-Waterslides
-Bread Service
-Balconies
-3 bathrooms with 2 teenagers
-Soaker tubs that are too large.
-fancy tiles in the bathroom
-Full Kitchens
-Covered parking
-new adventures
-drinks at the pool bar

zurgandfriend

I too hate the resort themes.

I too hate the quiet time to have coffee and people watch in the lobby each morning while waiting for my family to get themselves together.

I hate the friendliness of the cast members as I sit and have my coffee, they are always asking how I am, where am I from and telling me to have a magical day.

I hate staying on the monorail, it’d too easy to get around and having all those restaurants and shops close by.

Hcalvert

What I hate about Polynesian Villas:
-receiving a lei when you arrive at the resort no matter how you arrive
-being able to watch Magic Kingdom's fireworks from the beach and not be crowded--missing the ambiance of packed sardiness at MK
-also being able to watch the Electric Water Parade from my resort room--turn the lights off so I can go to bed
-the tropical-themed music they pipe in all day except during the fireworks then you hear the music that they hear at MK
-being able to walk from any room in the resort to the ceremonial house within 5 minutes
-having balconies and being able to relax while listening to that annoying music and people watch
-the tiki lamps they light each night around the resort encouraging people to have leisurely stroll around the resort
-taking the smelly monorail from the resort to Magic Kingdom
-feeling the wind that messes up my hair when going across Seven Seas Lagoon to Magic Kingdom
-who needs that extra shower and a pull-down bed?
-those comfy chairs in the CH's lobby or even some in the DVC welcome areas---they're too comfortable and entices one to take a nap
-being able to walk from the resort to the TTC or vice versa to get to the Epcot monorail--taking a bus is so much better
-the feature pool is a snooze with the volcano-theme and its waterslide, jacuzzis, and kiddie play areas
-the DVC pool is too secluded and quiet
-having Dole Whip concoctions available after the parks close---who needs those calories?
-speaking of unneeded calories--being able to get a huge serving of 'Ohana bread pudding at the Tambu Lounge until 11pm
-having overly-friendly Stitch and Moana characters show up unannounced in the lobby to greet guests trying to sleep in those comfy chairs

I'll have to endure some of these "negatives" while I stay there again (2nd time this year) on July 15-24. 😒

Last edited:

Lilofan

-being able to watch Magic Kingdom's fireworks from the beach and not be crowded--missing the ambiance of packed sardiness at MK
-also being able to watch the Electric Water Parade from my resort room--turn the lights off so I can go to bed
-the tropical-themed music they pipe in all day except during the fireworks then you hear the music that they hear at MK
-being able to walk from any room in the resort to the ceremonial house within 5 minutes
-having balconies and being able to relax while listening to that annoying music and people watch
-the tiki lamps they light each night around the resort encouraging people to have leisurely stroll around the resort
-feeling the wind that messes up my hair when going across Seven Seas Lagoon to Magic Kingdom
-those comfy chairs in the CH's lobby or even some in the DVC welcome areas---they're too comfortable and entices one to take a nap
-being able to walk from the resort to the TTC or vice versa to get to the Epcot monorail--taking a bus is so much better
-the feature pool is a snooze with the volcano-theme and its waterslide, jacuzzis, and kiddie play areas
-having Dole Whip concoctions available after the parks close---who needs those calories?
-speaking of unneeded calories--being able to get a huge serving of 'Ohana bread pudding at the Tambu Lounge until 11pm
-having overly-friendly Stitch and Moana characters show up unannounced in the lobby to greet guests trying to sleep in those comfy chairs

I'll have to endure some of these "negatives" while I stay there again (2nd time this year) on July 15-24. 😒
I miss Aunty Kau'i. She started at the Poly in 1972 and passed away about a year ago at age 88. She was the cast member from Hawaii who passed out leis to guests and gave hula lessons and talked about her beautiful island.

Raineman

That sounds absolutely horrible. I think I should do you a favour and take your reservation, so you don’t have to endure these awful things.

graphite1326

I really hate that I don't have to stop for my luggage at the airport.
I really hate that I don't have to worry about renting a car by using ME
I really hate that I don't have to worry about how I am going to get to my destinations during my vacation
To sum it up: I really hate it that once I board the plane to Orlando, I really don't have anything to worry about.

graphite1326

Actually this sounds awesome. I may have to stay there one day. You are making me sad that I cannot go until next year.

heapster411

The dreadful things at OKW : The Rooms are Too Damn Big!!!..Olivia's, Really No Need for an ADR, I mean, Just Walk Right In!...The Boat Skippers to and from Disney Springs, Too Friendly and Helpful, Just like the Front Desk!...And Don't Get ME Started About How QUIET and CLEAN Everything is!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom