Things at the Disneyland Resort that have overstayed their welcome

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Like an outdated book written by a man-child means anything. Thousands of children evjoy enjoy the ride every week.
I'm not sure why you're so defensive about that ride in particular. My child rode it three days ago. She was bored despite being just barely big enough. That's all I'm saying.

Darkbeer1

I need my kid to hurry up and get to 40” while he’s still into the Cars franchise. I think he’s at 38” now with no shoes. Maybe a pair of sneakers with a thick sole? I’ve read that the height requirement guides (?) at the park are little on the high side ?

There is only one Official measuring post, as approved by DOSH. The Lead has the final call on if a person can ride. It is located on the loading platform and has a camera watching just in case something bad happens.

So Disney does make the unofficial posts a bit on the high side to prevent problems at the loading platform. But if it is 40 inches, the state says you MUST be 40 inches wearing normal footwear and that the measurement is at the top of the head, and no hair involved. So advise your child to stand up straight.

If your child is refused due to being under the limit, it is for your child's safety and the correct decision.

mickEblu

Ok, I'll bite... What's wrong with the ramp? I haven't been there since it was added, but I can say (at least in theory) that a ramp is WAY better than the freakshow that was the rickety elevator they had before.

The ramp is a bit of an eyesore from the main walkway and makes the area looked cramped. I haven’t looked at the picture In a while but I believe they also made the mistake of not making the rock wall a bit higher to conceal the ramp from view from the walkway. They also took all the cool overhead tarps down. It all just looks more generic and squeaky clean now with a bamboo fence from Home Depot really shining now where as before it one didn’t notice. Basically the charm factor went down from a 10 to like a 2.

Thanks for playing but I wasn’t looking for anyone to bite though. I made my opinion very clear on one of these threads when it was first unveiled.

SuddenStorm

The ramp is a bit of an eyesore from the main walkway and makes the area looked cramped. I haven’t looked at the picture In a while but I believe they also made the mistake of not making the rock wall a bit higher to conceal the ramp from view from the walkway. They also took all the cool overhead tarps down. It all just looks more generic and squeaky clean now with a bamboo fence from Home Depot really shining now where as before it one didn’t notice. Basically the charm factor went down from a 10 to like a 2.

Thanks for playing but I wasn’t looking for anyone to bite though. I made my opinion very clear on one of these threads when it was first unveiled.

That's a huge issue with how Disney does stuff now. Everything looks off the shelf, "generic". Tropical Hideaway is like this- it's a cute restaurant, and better than Aladdin's Oasis, but the whole thing just feels like the Great Value version of Adventureland.

Snow Queen

Count down to fun! 5 4 3 2 FUN
anigif_enhanced-buzz-19916-1344100061-8.gif

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

They also removed a carefully placed tree that made the transition from the Jolly Holiday to Adventureland work. Not anymore.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I need my kid to hurry up and get to 40” while he’s still into the Cars franchise. I think he’s at 38” now with no shoes. Maybe a pair of sneakers with a thick sole? I’ve read that the height requirement guides (?) at the park are little on the high side ?

Easy 2" remedy for only $39.99, shoe lifts....

mickEblu

I hope that is a joke. The CM's are supposed to be trained to notice shoes that look wrong, aka too high.

As they say, Safety First, Second and Third.

TBH I think my son has a pair of Jordan’s that could give him an extra 2 inches. We re kind of in a gray area here.

shambolicdefending

I hope that is a joke. The CM's are supposed to be trained to notice shoes that look wrong, aka too high.

As they say, Safety First, Second and Third.

We were there in late January with a 45.25 inch (without shoes) kindergartner. When we measured him ourselves outside Indiana Jones it was a close call, so we put some extra folded up socks in the bottom of his shoes. They added an extra 1/4 inch at most, but let him easily clear the height check. Probably impossible for the CMs to notice such a small difference unless they're really looking for it.

I'd feel less comfortable doing that on a faster ride, but didn't consider it much of a safety risk on Indiana Jones.

ObscurityPoint

DCA. Just DCA in general.

The most confused park in history. Waste of space and a disgrace to be located across the path from the greatest theme park in the world.

That sounds harsh, but really, Disneyland deserved better. There are some spectacular areas of DCA (Cars Land, Grizzly River Run, WOC) but the rest is just sad to see. I almost wish Imagineers could go back in time and somehow rework the Westcot idea or build something similar to Tokyo DisneySea.

Anything. ANYTHING over what DCA is now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom