Things at Disney Land everyone seems to dislike that you enjoy?

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
- Tarzan: The Treehouse

I very much enjoy the Swiss Family Robinson edition at Disneyworld, but despite its grandeur, like everything at Disneyworld, it just isn't as fun as Disney Land's. The tourist march up and down the fake Floridian tree is like being led to the gas chambers compared to the California AP tree, where everyone is having fun running across the wobbly bridge, ringing the bell and being frightened by the immovable beast at the top that sounds like Dan Aykroyd when he turns into a monster at the beginning of Twilight Zone: The Movie. I also very much enjoy that you enter in the middle of the walkway. I don't know how much it's changed since it was redone, but it just doesn't matter to me because it's very fun and charming.

- Present Day Tomorrowland

Yup. I'm defending this. It seems like everyone thinks it's a junkyard and should be demolished except for Space Mountain. Like the Doc once said when he learned he was going to be murdered, what kind of a future do you call that? Sure, I want to ride Rocket Rods more than anything, but I still like seeing the trackways and circular boarding platform with the radar on top. I don't know, there's something about seeing the elevated roadway shooting off into the distance into overgrown foliage that I think is cool.

I like Star Tours. It has the prequels which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, like Disney should. Just look at that incredibly shiney See Threepio inside the excellently illuminated waiting line. I hope we get podracers and Naboo. So yeah, I like the rides, the architecture, the muzak and just everything aside from the 3D shows since Captain EO was removed and the lack of Rocket Rods, which I wanted to go on since I first saw artwork of it in a Disney magazine.

fctiger

-NBC HM (I still think this is AWESOME over 10 years later)
-GOG: MB (At least online. In real life everyone I know loves it)
-TSI (It seems like no one wants to bother making the trip but me)
-Soarin Over the World (Still miss the original but this one has been great too. Can't wait when it comes to Tokyo)
-New fireworks show. (Only seen it once, but its a lot of fun)

Rich T

It’s a Small World (ride AND song)
Soarin’ Over the World
The movies Cars Land is based on
World of Color When It’s Closed
Fantasmic When It’s Closed
Goofy’s Sky School (and all Wild Mice rides)
TSMM and Buzz
Autopia
Nemo Subs
Dumbo
Golden Zephyr
Paradise Pier Hotel

Last edited:

Rich T

- Tarzan: The Treehouse

I very much enjoy the Swiss Family Robinson edition at Disneyworld, but despite its grandeur, like everything at Disneyworld, it just isn't as fun as Disney Land's. The tourist march up and down the fake Floridian tree is like being led to the gas chambers compared to the California AP tree, where everyone is having fun running across the wobbly bridge, ringing the bell and being frightened by the immovable beast at the top that sounds like Dan Aykroyd when he turns into a monster at the beginning of Twilight Zone: The Movie. I also very much enjoy that you enter in the middle of the walkway. I don't know how much it's changed since it was redone, but it just doesn't matter to me because it's very fun and charming.

- Present Day Tomorrowland

Yup. I'm defending this. It seems like everyone thinks it's a junkyard and should be demolished except for Space Mountain. Like the Doc once said when he learned he was going to be murdered, what kind of a future do you call that? Sure, I want to ride Rocket Rods more than anything, but I still like seeing the trackways and circular boarding platform with the radar on top. I don't know, there's something about seeing the elevated roadway shooting off into the distance into overgrown foliage that I think is cool.

I like Star Tours. It has the prequels which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, like Disney should. Just look at that incredibly shiney See Threepio inside the excellently illuminated waiting line. I hope we get podracers and Naboo. So yeah, I like the rides, the architecture, the muzak and just everything aside from the 3D shows since Captain EO was removed and the lack of Rocket Rods, which I wanted to go on since I first saw artwork of it in a Disney magazine.
While I might disagree, I like your reasons and always enjoy your point of view on the parks. Great thread!

PiratesMansion

-New Fantasmic. The biggest strike against this seems to be the POTC segment, but I never loved the Peter Pan sequence and I'm not crazy about either of those movies, so the difference is negligible for me. The sequences between the big moments of the show didn't matter in the old show and they still don't matter now, IMO. Overall I still think it's an upgrade. YMMV.
-Frozen musical at DCA. Saw it with my friend on my last visit and we both agreed that it was a huge overall upgrade over Aladdin, from the quality of the sets, the effects, and the amount of effort overall put into the production. I loved Aladdin but by the end it was tired, and you can only listen to the same Kardashian and Tiki Room reject jokes so many times.
-Autopia. Yeah, it's arguably a waste of space in modern Disneyland, but I still enjoy riding it each time I make it to the resort and it has a charm to it. Also it's really long and it has that off-road section that I still enjoy.

D.Silentu

-New Fantasmic. The biggest strike against this seems to be the POTC segment, but I never loved the Peter Pan sequence and I'm not crazy about either of those movies, so the difference is negligible for me. The sequences between the big moments of the show didn't matter in the old show and they still don't matter now, IMO. Overall I still think it's an upgrade.
I'm very much of the same mind and didn't really think I would be. The first time I saw the show there were several inoperable effects and I decided it was a bust. A year later, friends wanted to see it and with everything running I now understand what they were going for. To my surprise I really enjoy the differences. However, I will add to the post that I do think the prior finale was more exciting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom