Things at Disney Land everyone seems to dislike that you enjoy?

Animaniac93-98

I actually don't hate the look of Tomorrowland in this picture. With Rocket Rods running, the consistent colour scheme, the planets on Astro Orbitor working etc I get what they were trying to do. I'd rather visit this Tomorrowland in the summer of '98 with the original Submarine Voyage and Star Tours than what's there now. Even Honey, I Shrunk the Audience was better than movie trailers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
View attachment 393433

I actually don't hate the look of Tomorrowland in this picture. With Rocket Rods running, the consistent colour scheme, the planets on Astro Orbitor working etc I get what they were trying to do. I'd rather visit this Tomorrowland in the summer of '98 with the original Submarine Voyage and Star Tours than what's there now. Even Honey, I Shrunk the Audience was better than movie trailers.

Whoa Whoa Wait, now you're talking crazy. I thought this TL look was universally hated by all on this board. It was like one of the few things everyone could agree on. Now you're saying you don't hate it.

What is this world coming to.....

Animaniac93-98

Whoa Whoa Wait, now you're talking crazy. I thought this TL look was universally hated by all on this board. It was like one of the few things everyone could agree on. Now you're saying you don't hate it.

What is this world coming to.....

Tomorrowland '98 was something, what we have now is largely nothing. A mix of styles and empty buildings that exists mainly to push Star Wars and Pixar. Nothing on the PeopleMover track, no permanent show at the Magic Eye Theater, the giant waste of space that is Star Wars Lunch Bay etc. WDI was underfunded in the 90s, but they at least TRIED. Now they can't even do that anymore.

Rich T

View attachment 393433

What I definitely don’t miss is the stupid “water maze” making the area in front of Space Mtn. smell and sound like a public swimming pool. What the actual hell, Imagineering.

Disneylover152

Winnie the pooh
Buzz lightyear Astro blaster
Autopia
Tarzan's Treehouse
Fantasmic 2.0
Golden Zephyr

I love all of these rides, but at the same time, I wouldn't be rioting if they closed them.

TROR

Pixar Pier
The Golden Zephyr
DCA in general actually
And although I despise how difficult it makes it to navigate the land, I love the look of astro orbiter spinning beside the hub.
I agree about the Golden Zephyr. Yes it's a flat ride, but it's unique and historic. It's not the grandest ride or anything, but certainly a charming one, especially at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom