Thin Walls

ryguy

Original Poster
This might be a silly question but I am a light sleeper and was looking at buying into DVC. Are some DVC resort rooms better than others as far as sound quality. Noisy hallways, thin walls etc...

Thanks!

slappy magoo

I remember reading in the Unofficial Guide that soundproofing is better in resorts with exterior corridors (like Saratoga and Old Key West) than indoor hallways (pretty much anywhere else). The logic is, since the doors open to outside, they need to do a better job keeping in the air conditioning; the extra money for insulation and thicker walls is more than offset by the savings in AC. The added benefit is better soundproofing. Of course, you could be next to noisy jerkholes and be the exception to the rule...

correcaminos

To me BWV and BLT were the worst. OKW was the most quiet along with AKL. But that's toast subjective really. I now bring a good white noise machine and that usually helps

note2001

You'll want to be sure to have a dedicated unit so your neighbors don't put the crying baby up against the connecting door the way we experienced in OKW.

Regarding the AK rooms being quiet: I've noticed those rooms further down the loops on the top floor tend to be quietest. Near the lobby is noisiest for a number of reasons (drums, kids running, yelling, etc)

mousehockey37

There's a lot here. I'll agree that our room in the BWV was loud. Granted we were at the end of the hall by the elevator, but you heard everything. AKL Kidani, it's quiet... That said, if you have a lock-off studio, you will see that the doors aren't necessarily flush to the floor, so sounds will carry over from the other side if you have anyone staying there.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think everyone is correct with the exterior hallways. I had no issues at ASMusic but at BC and AKL I did hear people almost every night. I didn't wake me up though, just barely enough to notice. It's never been too bad compared to other hotels I have been too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom