There have been Disney attractions in all these cities except...

PeterAlt

Original Poster
There have been (or will be) Disney attractions or resorts in all the following cities (or metropolitan areas) except which one(s)?

You may select one or more or none at all.

Anaheim
New York
Orlando
Long Beach
Tokyo
Paris
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Hawaii
Vero Beach
Caribbean

I'll give the answer after I hear everyone's guesses.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Long Beach
Nope. Disney once owned the Queen Mary and
Spruce Goose attractions. They planned to build the original DisneySea on that property. Those plans would later fall through and Disney would later sell off those properties and the adjoining land.

I give you some credit because these attractions were bought by Disney, not created by Disney. Try again...

PeterAlt

Original Poster
Nope. Disney created It's a Small World, Carousel of Progress, and (I believe) the Ford Pavilion (which had a ride about the future of transportation) for the Worlds Fair. They may have been involved in other attractions, but I'm not sure.

Currently, they are on Broadway, performing the Lion King, if you want to include that as an attraction...

Disneyhead'71

Yeah, I knew about the Queen Mary, The Spruce Goose, Carousel of Progress and It's a Small World, and throw in Great Moments of Mr. Lincoln, and Mary Poppins, Newsies, So from that list I believe they all at one have had or will have a Disney Attraction or Resort. Unless you are going to say something like Orlando because technically WDW isn't in Orlando. It's in Lake Buena Vista in the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Or Castaway Cay since there isn't an "attraction" or guest resort.

Nemo14

Orlando was my first choice too for the same reasons, but would the guest services at MCO for ME be considered an "attraction"? or is MCO actually not within Orlando city limits?

Voxel

President of Progress City
There have been (or will be) Disney attractions or resorts in all the following cities (or metropolitan areas) except which one(s)?

You may select one or more or none at all.

Anaheim
New York
Orlando
Long Beach
Tokyo
Paris
Hong Kong
Shanghai
Hawaii
Vero Beach
Caribbean

I'll give the answer after I hear everyone's guesses.
Technically the Caribbean would be correct, Castaway Key is an Island in the Bahamas. Geographically the Bahamas are not part of the Caribbean, they only share part in the Caribbean Community which is similar to the EU.

Disneyhead'71

The Bahamas along with the Turks and Caicos Islands, while north of The Caribbean Sea are part of the Lucayan archipelagos which are part of the Leeward Antilles commonly known as The West Indies. They are considered Caribbean Islands.

PeterAlt

Original Poster
The answer was none of the above. Orlando was meant as metropolitan Orlando. I should have said Bahamas instead of Caribbean.

Lucky

Do not mention Manassas around me. I am still angry at the people of Manassas and Haymarket!
That area has experienced huge development since then. But instead of a Disney park, it's just the usual townhouses and strip malls you have anywhere else.

Voxel

President of Progress City
That area has experienced huge development since then. But instead of a Disney park, it's just the usual townhouses and strip malls you have anywhere else.

Don't have to remind me, I live 10 minutes north of Manassas. They turned down Disney and Lego and got development instead.
However on an happy not, Stafford is trying to get Legoland in Virginia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom