There are Single Rider lines....what about Single Diner?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I did this once, and it didn't go well. I said HI to the family, and they spent the next 30 minutes staring at me in fear, like they were worried I was gonna go into attack mode. Very uncomfortable!
The only way to handle that is... more beer.

FettFan

Original Poster
Americans generally don't do well with strangers (especially since so many of the Disney guests travel from the Northeast) so this might not work despite being such an awesome opportunity for people to meet and talk. And maximize capacity.

How that would look in real life:

But on a more serious note....I barely enjoy eating with my family in the same room (seriously when I'm at my parents house for dinner, I go sit at the bar away from the dining room table, and put like a vase of flowers between me and them so they can't see me eat), so I seriously doubt I could share a meal with complete strangers.

FettFan

Original Poster
Here's a list of great TS places to dine solo without needing an ADR as the bars are first come first serve.

Disney Springs
Boathouse Bar over the water
Edison
Enzo's Hideaway
Homecomin'
House of Blues
Lava Lounge
Raglan Road
Splitsville

Parks
Nomad Lounge (DAK)
Rainforest Cafe (DAK)
Tune in Lounge (DHS)
Tutto Gusto (Epcot)
Yak and Yeti (DAK)

Resorts
Ale & Compass Lounge (YCR)
Banana Cabana (CBR)
blueZoo Lounge (Dolphin)
Cabana Bar & Beach Club (Dolphin)
California Grill (CR)
Cape Town Lounge (AKL Jiko)
Crew's Cup (YKR)
Geyser Point (WL)
Il Mulinos (Swan)
Kimonos (Swan)
Kona Island (Poly)
Rix Sports Bar & Grill (CSR)
Sanaa Lounge (AKL-KV)
Territory Lounge (WL)
Wave Lounge (CR)

THANK YOU!

Definitely want to try Yak and Yeti. I've heard good reviews.

thomas998

I never make reservations earlier than at most a few hours before the meal, they are not necessary at all as long as you don’t want to eat at Be Our Guest, which you don’t it’s the worst place in the 4 parks. Springs has a ton of great places, and not once have I been turned away at one of them for not having a reservation. Pretty much every restaurant seems to have no issue finding a seat for a group of 1 or 2. Inside the parks, sometimes there’s a short wait if you go at the standard meal hours, stretch your times a little and you should be fine.
You might have luck outside the park with a group of 1 or 2... but when we've tried to do that inside the park with just 2 of us it has never once worked unless we wanted to wait an undefined time where they said you can wait but it might be an hour... and in some cases we were simply told nope, not gonna happen... and none of those were Be Our Guest of Cinderella's Castle... and I do agree that BOG is bad, though Cinderella's Castle is even worse when it comes to breakfasts.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
THANK YOU!

Definitely want to try Yak and Yeti. I've heard good reviews.

If you do Yak and Yeti - I'd recommend getting a Landry's Loyalty Card. Not sure how it works now a days with sign up but I got mine a few years back. It cost $25 and then they give you a $25 instant credit that you can use on your first visit. You also can just show up and you'll get priority seating without a res - and they'll give you an additional $25 credit you can use during your birthday month,

A crazy idea: the single diner where 4 singles are sat together at a conventional table of 4, increasing capacity and everyone gets to meet someone new while they eat. I know this is a crazy idea that would never be practical but I thought was interesting. Would anyone else want to try this if they did happen to be eating alone?

winstongator

I'm going to be attending a teacher's convention in July, and while breakfast and lunch are provided by the organization, dinner is on our own.
Naturally, I plan on visiting a number of WDW restaurants (scouting for a family vacation in Feb. 2020)....but seeing as how I'll be there by myself, I'm wondering if reservations are really a necessity.

What say you good people?

PS - I don't intend to go to the high-end places like Le Cellier or Be Our Guest.
But I definitely want to try the Boathouse. In fact, I MAY just stick with Disney Springs, seeing as how this is all being hosted at the Hilton Buena Vista.
(or just go ahead and get an AP since I'll be back in February)
I think the boathouse has a bar area that might offer the full menu. I’m thinking if there’s anywhere with a family style table that’s first come first serve. The last place I ate with one was First Watch. I’d go for lounge areas.

amjt660

Premium Member
I understand the basic question
Having traveled solo on business and at Disney I agree with siting at the bar or at quick service

But the title of the thread is interesting

Single diner would suggest filling up tables that have empty chairs to improve the efficiency of the restaurant

It would make for interesting table conversation!!!!

Max

awoogala

A crazy idea: the single diner where 4 singles are sat together at a conventional table of 4, increasing capacity and everyone gets to meet someone new while they eat. I know this is a crazy idea that would never be practical but I thought was interesting. Would anyone else want to try this if they did happen to be eating alone?
probably not- I don't even like sitting at the bar as a solo. I want my own space/quiet!

NiarrNDisney

So essentially it will be a community table which are quite popular at restaurants and bars now.

MAGICFLOP

I think the table logistic would be the hold up on a community table idea. If it was a table for 4, then the times would have to be arranged for that all singles at a certain time. What would happen if only 2 singles book? wasted space.. also how awkward would that be, sitting single at a table with one stranger... when you got up to leave would they steal the tip you left?

My point I guess is, Disney would try to keep guests from feeling awkward.. there would be threads in here 'most awkward moments' and it would be at a single table facing a fat man asking if you were going to finish that...

Shouldigo12

If you do Yak and Yeti - I'd recommend getting a Landry's Loyalty Card. Not sure how it works now a days with sign up but I got mine a few years back. It cost $25 and then they give you a $25 instant credit that you can use on your first visit. You also can just show up and you'll get priority seating without a res - and they'll give you an additional $25 credit you can use during your birthday month,
You get a $25 credit during your birthday month, too? Does that stack with the first visit credit or would you have to use it separately?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom