TheNo Distractions, Never say Never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it Sept 2012 TR

Blueskyze

Just got all caught up on your report - still loving it! I'm with you, I love spending the day just walking around AK and taking it all in, there is so much to see and photograph! Was your Fastpass+ test day on the 21st? If so, we were in the MK on the same day!

I think it's awesome that Ziah is so into the big rides - she looks like she is having a blast!

Alison1975

Original Poster
I wish I could fall in love with AK the way you have. I don't know how to describe it but I just don't feel like I'm at Disney when I'm there. It's probably because I have this childhood association with places like the MK and Epcot and AK is just so far from those two. I absolutey love the concept of it and the theming is just fantastic but I just don't have that passionate attachment to it that I have with the other parks. Even DHS I have a certain love for though it's mostly a love for what was and not what is but that's a whole other subject. LOL!

I guess I just view each park as it's own entity.. Epcot is my fave, then MK then AK and I hate HS..

Alison1975

Original Poster
Just got all caught up on your report - still loving it! I'm with you, I love spending the day just walking around AK and taking it all in, there is so much to see and photograph! Was your Fastpass+ test day on the 21st? If so, we were in the MK on the same day!

I think it's awesome that Ziah is so into the big rides - she looks like she is having a blast!

yep the 21st was the FP+ test day for us!! And she loves em..she was 5 when her big brother took he ron her first real coaster at 6 Flags..I about died!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Ok so schooling is done for the day..once I feed the kids lunch I need to decide..write more of the report or clean my school room up...

Alison1975

Original Poster
Monday September 24th 2012

So we took our time this morning.. we had no ADR's so we could do whatever we wanted. After we were all ready I opened up the shared door and my mom and Noah were out cold.. ok well then. My mom had been coughing and Noah too so we left em a note and left!

Of course we couldn't go to the bus until the kids had visited the pin board then it was off to the bus stop. We let the kids decide where we were going.. and of course..they picked EPCOT..lol. What can I say..we love Epcot!

We decided to check out the other side of Innoventions..
002_zpsbed7f85e.jpg

003_zpsf65a0a77.jpg

Declan and Eric were very excited to see there was little to no line for Sum of All Thrills! The other 2 and I went to see "Storm Struck" which was actually really cool! We got done just in time to watch the boys ride their coaster:
004_zpsbae7b2c3.jpg

005_zpsfc742b6f.jpg

Then we went over and let Ziah and Taejan finish the activity after Storm Struck:
008_zpseab38bcc.jpg

Headed off to World Showcase:
009_zpsd9dd6899.jpg

I think this was my favorite day thus far. Mostly because it was just the 5 of us. No worrying about if my mom can keep up ( I know that prolly sounds horrible) or if she's getting tired, no wondering what Noah is up to. Eric and I are very go with the flow whatever happens we will move along thru it kinda people. 2 of the wee ones are the same way..one is NOT. But when it's just the 5 of us it seems to flow really well. We gave the kids full lead on what we did today...
011_zps9cc67db5.jpg

We were all also hungry so we stopped for nachos and such.. my oh my did we have a lot of counter service credits left..lol.. it's the heat...I hate eating in the heat so we just don't use them all.. hence why I would never pay for the plan.

Then we kept on moving:
012_zps286d00b0.jpg

We headed to Norway to ride Maelstrom.. think this was ride 10 or 12 for the trip total..lol
013_zpsc04aae43.jpg

014_zpsad8c2dda.jpg

Then on to Germany for our first Agent P mission of the day..
015_zpsfa99a78a.jpg

016_zps91797eab.jpg

I had never been in this store so I was glad..i found Toblerone..LMAO.. I wish I had more silly pictures of me..I swear I need my own Personal Photopass Photographer to just follow us around...

The clocks were cool..even cooler when you are doing a mission:
018_zpsfaee413b.jpg

019_zps6825c379.jpg

020_zpsb75ce3d1.jpg

021_zps022b3dfe.jpg

022_zpsd264348a.jpg

Up next.. he eat's what?

Alison1975

Original Poster
We finished the Germany mission and Declan was ecstatic that I said sure to doing another one.. he yells "no distractions,never say never and let's eat a garbage can while we are at it"..and does this:

023_zpse656dfcf.jpg

Needless to say I laughed, I may have pretended I wasn't with the loud mouth and then I wrote that in my notes and decided if nothing else came up that was my TR title!

We meandered on:
024_zps0f38eb31.jpg

025_zps82a98772.jpg

Up next China for the Agent P... another country I hadn't really go into in a rather long time so this was good!
026_zps3b56d8dc.jpg

027_zpsb898405d.jpg

028_zps3e42ad38.jpg

Taejan was rather upset when we went in the store..its full of panda stuff..and he was out of money...sorry buddy!

029_zps314ecf10.jpg

030_zpsc11e010c.jpg

031_zps5ea9fd4f.jpg

032_zpsefa2bfac.jpg

Oh before I continue..at some point we heard from Noah..they were not joining us.. my mother felt too sick.. and rest was best!

033_zpse0fad7c5.jpg

035_zps45999199.jpg

onward we went to the next mission
036_zpsd0a524a6.jpg

Up next..we save the world..

Alison1975

Original Poster
Up next we were making our way to the next mission.. France!
But seeing as we were in no hurry we def stopped to play!
037_zpse6cae02a.jpg

and to wave to Marie
038_zps9a47bc59.jpg

We enjoyed France:
039_zps99a4e8f5.jpg

and let the kids burn off some energy..normally mine would not be doing this..but as I've said before.. Epcot needs a place for kids to just be kids for a few!
041_zps9add38bb.jpg

042_zps0bd35e84.jpg

Off to the LAST mission..
043_zpsaf4191d0.jpg

While in the UK I was approached by a nice lady that turned out to be a member of the boards..it was so cool! I was wondering if and when I'd actually meet someone from the boards!!
Off to save the world we go!
044_zpsa4391a57.jpg

045_zps757389a1.jpg

046_zpsea021a14.jpg

047_zps457a2faf.jpg

048_zpsb62d2170.jpg

We were so hoping one would ring!
049_zpsb1445cbf.jpg

050_zps7ccbb7f1.jpg

This one did and Taejan picked it up and was talking to someone..but he said he couldn't understand them ...whaa..that would have been sooo cool!
051_zpsa22bdb1b.jpg

We saved the world..what next? Shaved ice of course!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Those bags for their pins are pretty cool where did you get them from?

He may well have been..he's crazy like that!

You can get them at any pin kiosk or gift shop. they arent cheap but they are way easier than lanyards..which pins fall off of..this..no worries..they are all zipped up!

Alison1975

Original Poster
After we finished the LAST of the Agent P missions ( Declan did every one while we were there!!) the kids begged me for shaved ice.. and who am I to say no when they had just worked so hard to save the world!
So off we headed to Japan and soon we saw this:
052_zpsfcf36f72.jpg

and we were eating this:
053_zps369ae9d7.jpg

and sadly we saw some epic bad behavior from adults. there was a couple on scooters.. the female stops in the middle of the walkway and starts dropping hand fulls of popcorn to feed the birds. Then the male comes plowing thru to try and run the birds over.. it happened a few times..unreal. I do believe a CM spoke to them but apparently it didn't help. Eric and Declan saw them the next day at another park doing close to the same thing. I will never understand what is wrong with some people! At least my kids were like "wth"!
So since I was the nice mom and allowed the kids shaved ice I wanted something in return..I needed to go ride Maelstrom one last time...on the way we got to watch these funny ladies!
054_zpsef3f8cd0.jpg

after going over the falls we happened upon Duffy! Declan had been wanting to meet him so bad. Of course we get in line and he leaves..WTH..lol.. luckily he was coming right back. We ended up next to a really nice family and it made the time pass:
055_zps25a3df46.jpg

We didn't do autograph books but the kids wanted Duffys and the nice family gave each of mine a piece of paper!
ok forgive all the pictures but we happen to love Duffy!( and Ziah was wishing she had brought her Duffy with her!!). Oh Duffy's handler was from about 45 minutes from us! It was nice to finally find a CM that was semi local..lol
Photo0157FourBySix_zpsbae6c526.jpg

056_zps18195963.jpg

057_zpscf9b3e90.jpg

Photo0163FourBySix_zps849ce235.jpg

058_zps2561ee8e.jpg

Photo0166FourBySix_zps1ac56e71.jpg

We snagged a few photopass pics..not real thrilled with these..
Photo0168FourBySix_zpsee1b0460.jpg

he def should have had my kids move backwards for their alone shots..
Photo0172FourBySix_zpse1b5f355.jpg

We went over and got some last free drinks of the various soda's and then
came the rematch for the piggie bank game. I told Declan that since he felt Taejan was the reason they lost last time, I would take Taejan and Daddy could have him and Ziah. We waited our turn ( and watched a little boy smash his pig to the ground and break the leg..ugh) and by the time we were done guess what..Taejan and I WON..oh yeah..na na na na!
059_zpscc4e7d4f.jpg

We rode Space Ship earth one last time and said good bye to Epcot :(
We got to the bus stop and it was a LONG wait..longest thus far..prolly 20 minutes ( I know end of the world to wait for a bus eh?) only thing that did make it slightly frustrating was that 3 Animal Kingdom busses came in the span of 8 minutes and 2 for Saratoga Springs pretty much back to back.
We got back to the rooms and my mom was completely veggie out..which was good..better to rest! I herded the kids all out to eat then swim:
060_zps3d293aa2.jpg

063_zps93db176b.jpg

064_zps335861f8.jpg

065_zps8a013ce1.jpg

all 4 in the same space!!
267594_10151114261316655_2121745676_n.jpg

more in a min

Alison1975

Original Poster
we then all went for a walk up to Riverside so my mom could chill more:
Run Noah run..oh wait..u are.. i forgot..you run in slow motion ( and have since you were 2)
066_zps8ced1584.jpg

067_zpse67c16d7.jpg

The kids do the campfire when we get back.Boardwalk does it better..they give out baggies of marshmallows.. 1 for 2 kids, 2 for 3 kids..etc. Here it's the CM's putting the marshmallows on the sticks ( with gloves on of course) and handing them to the kids. So if your kiddo wants a 2nd one you have to wait.
069_zpsb14e19f5.jpg

After this Eric realized he has lost his room key..so off he went to guest services..all 3 keys from that room got replaced.. they now had the fancy blue ones and the rest of us still had yellow ones ( we had blue at BWI).
We then took the kids to watch Oliver and Co on the green. We watched the entire movie.. there was a bunny that was hopping around the whole time. Declan went and got us popcorn with a snack credit..it was a great nice. I love love love that we took so much time this trip to just relax and enjoy everything not just the parks!
So there ends park day 7.. and guess what... we still have not purchased ponchos!! @disneygirl76 how do you like that??
Up next.. MNSSHP day!!

Englebabies

He may well have been..he's crazy like that!

You can get them at any pin kiosk or gift shop. they arent cheap but they are way easier than lanyards..which pins fall off of..this..no worries..they are all zipped up!

My boys are 2 and will be 5 when we go and I will be doing the birthday surprise where they decorate the room and they each will get a starter pin set with a lanyard but I don't think they will be able to where the lanyards or will expect me to so I was thinking these may help them carry their pins

Alison1975

Original Poster
My boys are 2 and will be 5 when we go and I will be doing the birthday surprise where they decorate the room and they each will get a starter pin set with a lanyard but I don't think they will be able to where the lanyards or will expect me to so I was thinking these may help them carry their pins

nice! yeah mine wore the lanyards last year. Declan is the only one ( of the 3 youngest) that left his on.. the other 2 had enough by day 1 and they stayed in the backpack!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom