Theme Park Parking for Resort Guests

RogueHabit

Hi there, I heard that if you stay at a WDW resort then you get free parking at the carparks at MGM, MK, AK & Epcot, is that correct?

I know that there are coaches, etc, but on some days I really would prefer to drive. We're staying at the PO-Rs.

Lance

That's Correct, parking is free for all WDW resort guests.

When I stayed at PO FQ, I just took the car and parked at all the parks, I don't like riding on a crowded bus.

Upvote 0

RyanS

if you're staying on wdw property and want to get to parks without a car or bus, i've found some useful things.

MK-Park at Contemporary and walk or take the monorail.
Park at Polynesian and take the monorail.

EPCOT- Park at the Boardwalk and walk or take the boat.

MGM- Park at the Boardwalk and take the boat.

AK- you're out of luck, just drive there.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

They will give you a parking permit when you check in to put on the windshield of your car. Keep it there for the entire trip. When someone at the toll plaza sees it they will let you right in the parking lot.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

It is true that parking at the Contemporary can get you towed if you are there for more than 3 hours.

I would just ride the bus from your resort that goes straight to MK.

Epcot and MGM -- Boardwalk isn't bad, but it takes a while to get to the parks on the boat. Park, walk to launch, wait for boat, trip to park. I think it would be just as easy as parking at either park.

AK -- Either drive or take the bus from your resort.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

It isn't bad to drive to the parks when you don't have to pay 6 bucks a day. We drove to every park but the MK so we wouldn't have to go on the monorail or boat. Get's you in quicker.

Upvote 0

PuertoRekinSam

here's a little tip for those of you not staying on property. Do.

here's a nother tip for those of you too stuck up not to take my first tip. Park at the marketplace and take the buses. you don't have to pay to park.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The DTD busses don't go to the theme parks they only go to the resorts. But you can always take the bus to another resort or the TTC and get on another bus there to a theme park.

Upvote 0

Luau Cove

Obviously I always try to go everywhere by Monorail. It's quite easy if you are in the MK area, but when you are in MGM is almost impossible so just use the bus which is more comfortable. If you are in Epcot try to use Epcot's Monorail line, and get down at the TTC to MK.

-->LUAU

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, really helped.:)

As the car is inclusive to the holiday package it makes sense to use it. I've never been a big fan of buses in any form anyway.

Seems strange that the Contempory is so hot on parking though...

Mainly it will be used to travel from PO to the parks, also to USF & IOA plus a trip to St. Petes.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Ratcat
Thanks everyone, really helped.:)

Seems strange that the Contempory is so hot on parking though...

I think it's because of the number of people who have abused it over the years. The Contemporary is closer to a park entrance than any other resort. As many people have mentioned before, it was a little annoying for a Contemporary guest to have to walk a mile from a parking space to the hotel because all of the closer spaces were taken up by people who were not staying at the hotel. I know a lot of people don't agree, but I feel that since someone is paying big bucks for the convenience of easy access to the parks, they have every reason to be annoyed when non-paying (at that particular resort) customers take up a large portion of the spaces! Anyone who stayed at the Contemporary 10+ years ago will agree. I used to watch tons of people pull into the lot, lock their cars, and go directly to the MK. That meant that anyone checking in later that day had to search for a parking space, or use valet parking.

Upvote 0

gepetto

We stayed at CR last summer and had a really hard time finding a place to park. It was infuriating watching all the people wandering back to the parking lot after the fireworks. The CR lots were half empty right after park closing. I hear they have been a lot better about enforcing parking at all of the monorail resorts now.:)

Upvote 0

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Well, I have some very "Inside News" for all of you.

The first part concerns the AK Parking Lot. AK parking is wonderful, but can be horrible if you don't know where to go. After you go past the parking plaza, follow the blue line (the one for handicapped parking) You need to be in the right lane. You will come to a sign that reads, "<----- All Parking" Do NOT turn left. Keep going straight. You will come to a stop sign. Keep going straight. On your left you will see about 7 rows of normal parking where you can park which is NOT handicapped, and is very close to the entrance. This special "lot" saves you the hassle of boarding the tram, espically if you have a little one in a stroller. This is also the best place to do any drop-offs in the AK.

Okay, here's the second part. This concerns Resort Parking. ANYONE can park at a resort. For this example, I will use the Polynesian. At the gatehouse, you will be given a parking permit which says it is good for 3 hours. Note that if you are more than 3 hours, NOTHING happens. Why? There are a number of reasons. Say you were going to the early luau at 6:30. Then when the show was over, you wanted to head over to the Magic Kingdom, or shop in the resort, or go to the Pin Trading Gathering held in the back area of the Polynesian's Lobby every Sat. from 6 to Midnight. Or maybe you want to sit in the Tambu Lounge for a few hours to catch the football game, You don't need to worry about your car getting towed by Mr. Toad. It won't happen. That is why it is so hard to enforce parking rules at Disney Resorts.

So, Park and go where you please!!!!!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

I have used my car a couple of times, but the main reason I use the busses is convenience. I don't have to worry about watching out for traffic, watching for the signs on where to turn and if I am tired, I can just sit back and relax and let "some else to the driving". I consider it a great perk for staying on property and you are dropped off at the main entrance to each park. What more could you ask for!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom