The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

James Alucobond

Am i the only one that thinks this cake is hideous?
I would wager many will dislike it because it echoes the castle color scheme, which many also dislike. Shiny blue topping to match the roof, rose gold for the top tier like the castle keep, gray for the bottom tier like the castle walls, and gold for the trimmings like the additional 50th decor.

Honestly, I'm mostly fine with the cake itself. The stand is what I find weird as it seems undersized and uncoordinated in terms of color. Maybe something bigger and gold would help?

aladdin2007

I would have given Disney a lot of kudos if they had had the guts to make that topiary cake castle shaped.

But what's there right now is pretty terrible.
its sad, lets make sure its as small as can be and nothing noticeable.....someone approving this stuff is...........nevermind nice words only its a family site....edit: after looking at it again its the saddest cake display they have ever done, lets just hope its not done. Starting to get the feeling they are purposely trying to dissuade people from coming for the 50th.

Last edited:

VJ

so far, the walt disney world 50th anniversary can be described in one word to me: plastic.

plastic statues, plastic cake, plastic castle decor, plastic banners... it's all artificial and fake-looking, and looks like it was all thought up last night with a $5 budget and a trip to the 3D printer

i really don't think people will look back on this celebration fondly as they have disneyland's 50th

Figments Friend

Wish I had waited several more days but I saw an HM one I liked and bought that. Then two days later, the 50th is released. Sigh. . .
I waited as I suspected they were going to release a 50th edition.
My guess was right....and the timing worked out.
I've never used a MB in the Parks, prefer the Key Cards, but when I saw how nice of a design it was I decided to give it a try.

Hoping the 50th edition bands have the 'magical' special light or sound feature.
I have read in the past some of the limited / special editions do so.

-

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Still amazed Figment was included. Sorta wonder who "fought" for that to happen and how much they had to push.

Also surprised the non-Figment statues are just clustered around World Showcase Plaza rather than closer to their respective attractions or pavilions.
My guess is simply Epcot didn't have enough characters in the park that they could use for statues...

They could have used Nemo at Epcot. But I guess they wanted to put them at AK for the theater.

IPs in Epcot...

Figment
Coco
Frozen
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Moana (Coming Soon)
Guardians of the Galaxy (coming soon)

Big Hero 6 & Inside Out could have worked if it was stretched, I reckon. Also, they could have done a character that represented each country in the world showcase...

Coco (Mexico), Brother Bear (Canada), Frozen (Norway), Alice (U.K.), Remy (France), Aladdin (Morocco), Big Hero 6 (Japan), Soul (America), Luca (Italy), Snow White/Tangled (Germany), Mulan (China)... Kind of shocked that isn't a thing.

That's about it. I'm also curious as to why they didn't put Joe Gardner outside of the American Adventure pavilion since he has a little jazz display over there.

JohnD

My guess is simply Epcot didn't have enough characters in the park that they could use for statues...

They could have used Nemo at Epcot. But I guess they wanted to put them at AK for the theater.

IPs in Epcot...

Figment
Coco
Frozen
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Moana (Coming Soon)
Guardians of the Galaxy (coming soon)

Big Hero 6 & Inside Out could have worked if it was stretched, I reckon. Also, they could have done a character that represented each country in the world showcase...

Coco (Mexico), Brother Bear (Canada), Frozen (Norway), Alice (U.K.), Remy (France), Aladdin (Morocco), Big Hero 6 (Japan), Soul (America), Luca (Italy), Snow White/Tangled (Germany), Mulan (China)... Kind of shocked that isn't a thing.

That's about it. I'm also curious as to why they didn't put Joe Gardner outside of the American Adventure pavilion since he has a little jazz display over there.
Nemo was the more obvious choice for Epcot particularly because of the pavilion. The show is undergoing transition at AK anyway and could stand to lose the Nemo statue to Epcot.

Figments Friend

The golden statues get a lot of hate, but many of these are really nicely sculpted when you get a good look at them.
I'd like to know who sculpted these....or if they are just '3D sculpted' creations.

A few I notice are 'off model' somewhat ( Figment, an example ) but overall I think many of these are nicely done.
The ones mounted in various places without the large circular 'plastic' bases hold more appeal to me from a display standpoint.
Chersire Cat in the tree, Tinkerbell on the light post, Jaq & Gus in their nitch, Stitch on the wall, etc.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom