The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

jrhwdw

Welcome to the workforce. If you aren't an exec, you're pooped on. Had to wipe myself off today as a matter of fact. :D
If you mean you lost your Job, So Sorry!!! Just lost just about all of mine Last Weds!

Maybe everything isn't perfect at TDO but CM's are trying to keep WDW open with COVID that no one wants to solve!!!!!!!! I'm just tired of COVID and all the Negativity around! And I'm sure CMs deserve every bit of credit that comes to them!

dreday3

If you mean you lost your Job, So Sorry!!! Just lost just about all of mine Last Weds!

Maybe everything isn't perfect at TDO but CM's are trying to keep WDW open with COVID that no one wants to solve!!!!!!!! I'm just tired of COVID and all the Negativity around! And I'm sure CMs deserve every bit of credit that comes to them!

Oh no, nothing that bad. Just pooped on by upper management. :)

It happens everywhere, we brush off and move on.

James Alucobond

Oh no, nothing that bad. Just pooped on by upper management. :)

It happens everywhere, we brush off and move on.
There’s a whole circle of poop. Everyone gets pooped on all the way up to the CEO, who gets pooped on by the shareholders and then poopstributes accordingly. However, frontline workers will always have it worst as they’re caught between customers and middle management in a poop sandwich.

JohnD

Not sure if you've worked at WDW before or not, but it's laughable when they do gestures like these, but consistently side with nasty and verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive guests when you're out there doing everything you can to help them, lay off tens of thousands of people by saying "Dear Employee" at the start of the email, when they have the manpower to make personal calls, while simultaneously restoring normal executive salaries and bonuses... need I go on?

They deserve every bit of negativity, and then some. You're welcome to your opinion, of course, and I'm not saying mine is necessarily right, but I think there's a lot of us on this board, both CMs past and present as well as fans who see right through the facade, who see this for what it is: yet another hollow gesture.

Reminds me of shortly after the Trump tax cuts passing when they announced a $1,000 bonus for all CMs, basked in the the good PR, then a few days later said that the STCU CMs (among the lowest wage earners in the whole company) wouldn't get it unless the STCU agreed to their contract negotiation demands.
Another case of damned if they do and damned if they don’t. They include a thank you. Not enough, you claim. It’s “hollow” or whatever.. If they didn’t thank the CMs, you all would claim it justifies they don’t care for CMs.

Can we find a middle ground and appreciate their thanks for CMs while advocating for better treatment, pay, etc. for CMs?

Figments Friend

There’s a whole circle of poop. Everyone gets pooped on all the way up to the CEO, who gets pooped on by the shareholders and then poopstributes accordingly. However, frontline workers will always have it worst as they’re caught between customers and middle management in a poop sandwich.

Poop sandwich....hmm...

This reminds me of a great saying from the days of yore :

"Life is like a s*** sandwich. The more 'bread' ( money ) you have, the less s*** you have to deal with".

🍞

-

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Full list of all Resorts that qualify for 'Early Entry' -

• Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort
  • The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World® Resort
  • Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
  • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
  • Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Orlando
  • Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando
-
Surprised to see Doubletree and Holiday Inn on that list.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
We live a rural area so not many McD's to pick from, hopefully they will relax the rules they have put in place about the toys. My husband said that they had even put up a sign about not selling the toys separately. But I guess I'll get what I can get, I really wanted Mickey and I got him so the rest is a bonus.

A few of my former students work at McD's so I might try to catch them in the hallway soon and see if they can work some magic for me too.
Always good to have an insider!

TikibirdLand

Another case of damned if they do and damned if they don’t. They include a thank you. Not enough, you claim. It’s “hollow” or whatever.. If they didn’t thank the CMs, you all would claim it justifies they don’t care for CMs.

Can we find a middle ground and appreciate their thanks for CMs while advocating for better treatment, pay, etc. for CMs?
When I worked for a certain company, they REQUIRED those in management positions -- all the way to the CEO -- to become a clerk in a store for the day. Sounds artificial. But, I'd say I saw some real change when that was implemented. In fact, the CEO of said company picked my store. It was amazing all the "insights" he had just with that one experience. I think more front-line opinions were finally heard.

JohnD

When I worked for a certain company, they REQUIRED those in management positions -- all the way to the CEO -- to become a clerk in a store for the day. Sounds artificial. But, I'd say I saw some real change when that was implemented. In fact, the CEO of said company picked my store. It was amazing all the "insights" he had just with that one experience. I think more front-line opinions were finally heard.

That's why shows like Undercover Boss did well. Many times CEOs couldn't do what their front line employees do and it showed their appreciation for their employees.

JohnD

Received my first ever 'MagicBand' in the mail today.
The special '50th Anniversary' edition....sole reason i bought it.

Just noticed a surprise bonus -
Did not know this until now, but the band design ALSO includes the Three Headed Troll from 'Malestrom'.
Oh....my.....gosh.......

😮

View attachment 586799

Okay, i will stop posting now....feel like i'm 'spamming' the thread!

-

Wish I had waited several more days but I saw an HM one I liked and bought that. Then two days later, the 50th is released. Sigh. . .

Cesar R M

Was in Magic Kingdom today and this plaque was added in between the new Mickey and Minnie golden statues -

View attachment 587235
"and because of how we love our front end workers so much, we're cutting hours, cost cutting services and benefits, and expand the college program" XD

Not sure if you've worked at WDW before or not, but it's laughable when they do gestures like these, but consistently side with nasty and verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive guests when you're out there doing everything you can to help them, lay off tens of thousands of people by saying "Dear Employee" at the start of the email, when they have the manpower to make personal calls, while simultaneously restoring normal executive salaries and bonuses... need I go on?

They deserve every bit of negativity, and then some. You're welcome to your opinion, of course, and I'm not saying mine is necessarily right, but I think there's a lot of us on this board, both CMs past and present as well as fans who see right through the facade, who see this for what it is: yet another hollow gesture.

Reminds me of shortly after the Trump tax cuts passing when they announced a $1,000 bonus for all CMs, basked in the the good PR, then a few days later said that the STCU CMs (among the lowest wage earners in the whole company) wouldn't get it unless the STCU agreed to their contract negotiation demands.

bingo!!!

Cesar R M

Ahem, prety sure that CEO's get the golden showers when they retire or are forced to move out XD

Cesar R M

That's why shows like Undercover Boss did well. Many times CEOs couldn't do what their front line employees do and it showed their appreciation for their employees.
Problem is.. in some cases.. like the infamous undercover boss in a cruise ship...
The episodes were pre-cooked to hell and obviously were hiding the worst of the real workers (those hiding behind the scenes that brunt the heaviest load ) and the CEO had special privileges that no worker had. Showing that they indeed never experienced the full average working dude in the full way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

50th birthday cake joins Mickey and Minnie topiary at the Magic Kingdom main entrance​

The-Worlds-Most-Magical-Celebration_Full_44146.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom