The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Figments Friend

My husband went to a couple McDonald's in our area. None of the McDonald's by us will sell the toys without the meal, so I guess we will be eating some Happy Meals! Anyway, he was able to get us a Mickey, Flounder, Timothy Mouse, and a Simba. Only one of the meals came in a 50th box. My sister went to one of the same McD's as my husband but about an hour later and was only able to get Mickey and Timothy. Both my husband and sister reported the McDonald's workers as being really snippy with them about the toys. I honestly believe my husband was polite about order, but he thinks they might be getting a lot of pushy people asking about the toys.

Oh and my sister said she got the chocolate milk with one of her meals and it had a special 50th design to the carton.

A option to avoid having to buy the food is to just try other McD locations in your area.
Some may decline to sell the toys separately during busy meal periods, but others may be more open to it....exspecially during slower meal periods.
But all locations are allowed to sell the toys on their own ....including locations in shopping malls ( where i score my hauls )

Another option is to wait until people start selling the figures online.
There will be a flood of them in the coming weeks and months....
You can usually find groups of them still sealed / brand new for reasonable prices on ebay or elsewhere.
Avoid the silly 'full collection' groupings at crazy prices.

Collect em' all, kids !
:)

-

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

A option to avoid having to buy the food is to wait until people start selling the figures online.
You can usually find groups of them still sealed / brand new for reasonable prices on ebay or elsewhere.

Another better option is to just try other McD locations in your area.
Some may decline to sell the toys separately during busy meal periods, but others may be more open to it....exspecially during slower meal periods.
But ALL locations are allowed to do this...including locations in shopping malls ( where i score my hauls )

Collect em' all, kids !

-
Try different shifts at the ones that initially turn you down, too. Sometimes a different worker will make a difference. (It also helps if you're a regular - hubby has had luck before because the people at our McD's know him from when he picks up happy meals for our boys.)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A option to avoid having to buy the food is to just try other McD locations in your area.
But all locations are allowed to sell the toys on their own ....including locations in shopping malls ( where i score my hauls )

Another option is to wait until people start selling the figures online.

Collect em' all, kids !

-

We live a rural area so not many McD's to pick from, hopefully they will relax the rules they have put in place about the toys. My husband said that they had even put up a sign about not selling the toys separately. But I guess I'll get what I can get, I really wanted Mickey and I got him so the rest is a bonus.

A few of my former students work at McD's so I might try to catch them in the hallway soon and see if they can work some magic for me too.

Stupido

Rocket and Groot look a loooooot better compared to their model, but they're still a bit rough. Also, why make separate statues of Miguel and Dante, and then just plop them right next to each other?? I'm sure they could have spaced them out in different areas of the parks.

JohnD

Still amazed Figment was included. Sorta wonder who "fought" for that to happen and how much they had to push.

Also surprised the non-Figment statues are just clustered around World Showcase Plaza rather than closer to their respective attractions or pavilions.

Why amazed about Figment? He's a topiary every year during the F&G festival. He's featured on merchandise during almost every Epcot festival. Seems like a no-brainer for Epcot.

hpyhnt 1000

Have to wonder if they'd planned these long ago when they anticipated having Cosmic Rewind and Journey of Water available as homes for Rocket/Groot and Heihei/Pua.
Most likely the case. Still, could have Rocket/Groot next to the temporary Mouse Gear and HeiHei/Pua maybe between The Land and The Seas.

And of course Miguel/Dante would make sense somewhere near Mexico and Olaf in the vicinity of the Frozen meet and greet. But...eh.

Why amazed about Figment? He's a topiary every year during the F&G festival. He's featured on merchandise during almost every Epcot festival. Seems like a no-brainer for Epcot.
Oh, he absolutely makes sense and I'm glad he's there. I guess it's me being jaded with the 50th at this point given how little it is focused on WDW's history.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Was in Magic Kingdom today and this plaque was added in between the new Mickey and Minnie golden statues -

02EF5308-03AB-469D-81F9-F3329FBD59AC.jpg

Brian

I think the Plaque is a nice touch! Let's not go overboard negative here, Please!
Not sure if you've worked at WDW before or not, but it's laughable when they do gestures like these, but consistently side with nasty and verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive guests when you're out there doing everything you can to help them, lay off tens of thousands of people by saying "Dear Employee" at the start of the email, when they have the manpower to make personal calls, while simultaneously restoring normal executive salaries and bonuses... need I go on?

They deserve every bit of negativity, and then some. You're welcome to your opinion, of course, and I'm not saying mine is necessarily right, but I think there's a lot of us on this board, both CMs past and present as well as fans who see right through the facade, who see this for what it is: yet another hollow gesture.

Reminds me of shortly after the Trump tax cuts passing when they announced a $1,000 bonus for all CMs, basked in the the good PR, then a few days later said that the STCU CMs (among the lowest wage earners in the whole company) wouldn't get it unless the STCU agreed to their contract negotiation demands.

Last edited:

dreday3

Not sure if you've worked at WDW before or not, but it's laughable when they do gestures like these, but consistently side with nasty and verbally (and sometimes physically) abusive guests when you're out there doing everything you can to help them, lay off tens of thousands of people by saying "Dear Employee" at the start of the email, when they have the manpower to make personal calls, while simultaneously restoring normal executive salaries and bonuses... need I go on?

They deserve every bit of negativity, and then some. You're welcome to your opinion, of course, and I'm not saying mine is necessarily right, but I think there's a lot of us on this board, both CMs past and present as well as fans who see right through the facade, who see this for what it is: hollow gestures.

Welcome to the workforce. If you aren't an exec, you're pooped on. Had to wipe myself off today as a matter of fact. :D

Brian

Welcome to the workforce. If you aren't an exec, you're pooped on. Had to wipe myself off today as a matter of fact. :D
Quite true, but I can't help but point out the blatant hypocrisy.

This is 100% for the guests. They eat this stuff up like it's a $50 novelty cupcake. They remark about how sweet it is that Disney is a company that cares about their people. The cast see right through it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom