The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

JohnD

It just looks incomplete... like they did 40% of it and it's due to get the rest applied overnight.

The 50th anniversary wraps of several Skyliner gondolas are on yellow (i.e. "gold") for the same reason. But there, would it kill them to actually paint several gondolas gold then put the wraps on those?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Cinderella Coach pumpkins added to the fall decor at Magic Kingdom​

Main-Street-USA_Full_44011.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

I understand your point (and yes, I dislike the character buses, too), but if they HAD to put graphics on the monorails, I would have preferred something minimal and more classic-looking than a huge wrap.
Fair point. Agree these wraps aren't the best they've done. It's oddly disjointed looking.

I'm the opposite. I like the wraps. I think this particular wrap looks horrible. Why didn't they just do the whole thing?
I would have played off the monorail striping. Keep cars 1 and 6 unchanged and have the color stripe gradually change to glittery iridescent halfway along cars 2 and 5, with everything swelling into a swirl of pixie/iridescent dust on cars 3 and 4, with a big 50 on one and "The World's Most Magical Celebration" on the other.

Would sorta echo the whole "beacons of magic" thing they're doing with the park icons.

aliceismad

Ohhh...I see it now...just looking at a small segment of the video I looked at earlier, there are at least 2 pedestals that have a split. I was initially wondering if the split was required for installing the statues that appear to balance on one small part of the foot or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'd be very curious to know what they're made of and why some have splits, while others don't.
Yes. Some (maybe all?) of the pedestals have visible screwheads from the top as well. And the 50th icon is just slapped on the side. They're really poorly done, I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom