The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Touchdown

I briefly thought about attending 9/30 HHN at Uni but quickly ditched that idea. I do have a 6pm ADR at Toledo, though. No other plans that night. I'm an early riser and will probably wake up early anyway and enjoy my free breakfast at Springhill before hopping in my car. I'll get there when I get there and enjoy the day also. Will hop on rides as they present themselves if the queue is decent but don't plan on waiting for hours. I have a 5pm ADR at Whispering Canyon which will be a nice diversion outside of MK in the early evening before returning for the entertainment that night.
I will be attending HHN 9/30. I don’t expect much sleep that night, however, I do expect potentially multiple “viewings” of HOP in the afternoon 10/1.

Cesar R M

Just a small stage that doesn't block anything. Nice!

/s
At least it isnt a giant hat blocking your weenie.. XD

Probably an unpopular opinion, but that stage is gorgeous, and I wouldn’t mind a bit if it was permanent for the celebration.

I know it’s just for the filming, but I wouldn’t mind a stage like that getting used the same way that Paris uses it’s hub stages
The stage looks huge..
If it was smaller and didnt cover the entire inner ring of the partners statue..

DisneyWorld30th

OK. So I didn't go through the other 144 pages of info here but I there is one thing I don't understand.

Disneyland has several parades in storage. Two nighttime parades (one fan favorite and one we've never seen before - Paint the Night). We've "borrowed" parades in the past from Disneyland. Why is Disney not considering this for the huge 50th anniversary?

In addition they have I believe two Daytime Parades in storage (Magic Happens and Soundsational Parade).

Disney World is still recycling parade floats from Remember the Magic (25 years ago).

I've also always wondered why Disneyland and Disney World doesn't swap Christmas Parades to give each park something "new". Disneyland's A Christmas Fantasy Parade has been running since 1995 (26 years) and Disney World's since 1989 (32 years). Swap parades and each are new.

jrhwdw

OK. So I didn't go through the other 144 pages of info here but I there is one thing I don't understand.

Disneyland has several parades in storage. Two nighttime parades (one fan favorite and one we've never seen before - Paint the Night). We've "borrowed" parades in the past from Disneyland. Why is Disney not considering this for the huge 50th anniversary?

In addition they have I believe two Daytime Parades in storage (Magic Happens and Soundsational Parade).

Disney World is still recycling parade floats from Remember the Magic (25 years ago).

I've also always wondered why Disneyland and Disney World doesn't swap Christmas Parades to give each park something "new". Disneyland's A Christmas Fantasy Parade has been running since 1995 (26 years) and Disney World's since 1989 (32 years). Swap parades and each are new.
Couple things:

If COVID was all over and everyone was back at work!!!!, MK might of pulled that!!!!!! I still believe 2 Night Parades just sitting behind DLR does no one any good!!(if we had no COVID of course)

Does DL really still have Soundsational???? I thought it had to be used for Magic Happens? Isn't that why it closed like 6-8 Months before Magic Happens?

MK's Very Merry Christmas Parade 1989-2006, MK's Christmastime Parade 2007-2019, 2021-(YAY!) Christmastime Cal. last year for COVID.

doctornick

I agree with your general point, but IIRC Soundsational is gone. I think they used some of those chassis for Magic Happens

doctornick

I do think DL has the last Pixar parade from DCA in storage though. That would be nice for DHS potentially

Edit: I’m talking about the Pixar Play Parade from DCA in case that wasn’t clear. I think it last ran in 2018. Does anyone know if it still exists in storage?

Last edited:

DisneyWorld30th

I agree with your general point, but IIRC Soundsational is gone. I think they used some of those chassis for Magic Happens
I wasn't aware Soundstational was repurposed. I figured both were fairly new so they kept both.

And I thought the Disney World Christmas Parade was the same floats, just new music in 2007.

TTA94

Asside from OUACT returning in November, I think Parades and other entertainment are going to be a 2022 thing. The “50th Seasons” or “Second Half of the 50th” will hopefully be better than the first half.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Was in DHS this afternoon and noticed the 50th banners are up -

C53E935E-1BD4-4E8A-B89D-A2F00F998A7E.jpeg

Last edited:

Cesar R M

The Castle float will probably last 50 years for the 100 anniversary at this rate.

CanadianGordon

I hope we're out of the pandemic by the time I can visit next year. It's just crushing defeat at this point.

I'd love new glasses at McDonalds but that'll never happen again. I still have the 25th anniversary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom