The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

FerretAfros

WDW has already released a few videos titled "The Magic is Calling," which don't appear to include this new song. I have to wonder if perhaps that's going to be the tagline for the 50th anniversary, similar to how DL's 50th was The Happiest Homecoming on Earth.

Also, when did we start calling every song an "anthem"? It was a little odd when they did it for the Epcot song that they debuted at D23 (and was never heard again), but now they seem to be making a habit of it. It reminds me of other self-important words that Disney likes to use in their marketing, like how they've rendered "story" and "immersive" virtually meaningless. Stop trying to make "anthem" happen!

VJ

"Itā€™s going to be quite the celebration. And whatā€™s a celebration without music? Platinum-selling songwriter and music producer Alana Da Fonseca answered the call to create an original anthem for the 50th Anniversary, collaborating with award-winning composer Emily Bear and singing phenom Journi on ā€œThe Magic Is Calling.ā€ Da Fonsecaā€™s pop music style, Bearā€™s soaring orchestrations and Journiā€™s magical vocal performance come together to create a song that is all at once nostalgic, inspirational and contemporary."

"Throughout the 50th Anniversary Celebration, ā€œThe Magic Is Callingā€ will also be included in special live entertainment moments across Walt Disney World Resort. Youā€™ll hear the anthem during Mickeyā€™s Celebration Cavalcade, featuring the ā€œEARidescent 8ā€ each day at Magic Kingdom Park, and listen for custom arrangements of the song performed by everyone from the Main Street Philharmonic and Dapper Dans to the Discovery Island Drummers and Voices of Liberty."

"When people hear this song, I hope that people will be inspired to.... [spend thousands of dollars they probably don't have on a Disney World vacation]."

Figment82

Does anyone else think these are just kinda odd. Basically you are just taking each character, its not a new character. Then you paint it gold. hmm
Itā€™s reminiscent of the 50 ā€œsomewhat hiddenā€ anniversary icons that Disneyland placed on the attractions and around the park. I think theyā€™re hyping it up a little too much for what it is, but it seems pretty harmless and a nice visual tie-in throughout the resort. Some of the choices are a bit ā€œout thereā€ though (like Edna Mode).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom