The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

gerarar

Premium Member
It also looks like the smoke is back on the castle for the genie lamp.
It turned on right as the show started for some reason. But good regardless to see it work!!
A772ED87-C234-4F92-903B-13D0153DEE02.png

Brenthodge

Every time I see this gold/ irredentist decor I still think the opening units of Magic happens was part of a new 50 parade design, or there was a thought to use it for this. Just way too similar and easy to connect together fir cost saving Disney not to have had some of that thinking somewhere.

jrhwdw

That one site is reporting that the 50th medallion has been incorporated into the projections for HEA
Yeah! I was shocked it wasn't completely dark or blocked out when I saw HEA on Spokes Stream Fri night! Not a bad thing, just shocked. Too bad we can't get the rumored HEA 50th Tag before the Real 50th/Enchantment! LOL!!!!

SpectroMan93

Every time I see this gold/ irredentist decor I still think the opening units of Magic happens was part of a new 50 parade design, or there was a thought to use it for this. Just way too similar and easy to connect together fir cost saving Disney not to have had some of that thinking somewhere.
Also the nod to “Remember the Magic” in the song for the finale units makes more sense at the Magic Kingdom than Disneyland. Will be interesting to see what changes, if any, will be made to Festival of Fantasy when it returns sometime during the 50th.

jrhwdw

Pure speculation but it could be as simple as the laser infrastructure having been switched over to control by the new show systems in both parks. It's likely easier to have them controlled by only one show system at a time.
Maybe......but I don't recall ROE missing lasers when EF was getting ready.

Not in that field so what do I know but......Did TDO not call back the nightly Laser guys yet? Can't other nightly people run lasers?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Maybe......but I don't recall ROE missing lasers when EF was getting ready.

Not in that field so what do I know but......Did TDO not call back the nightly Laser guys yet? Can't other nightly people run lasers?
I'm speculating it's just a timing thing where the new shows have reached a level of testing that they need to take control of some systems for the new show and they use new infrastructure that isn't connected to the old show systems and can't easily be shared; or it's just not worth building the infrastructure out to share them for 90 days. In the early days of EF, they weren't even close to starting testing of Harmonius so EF could use them.

Missing20K

Are they gonna turn it the 2ish degrees clockwise before the 50th? Maybe it’s a countdown clock? Each day it rotates just a fraction until 10/1 it’s dead nuts center.

Count me in the group that counts it as underwhelming. The offset and odd choice in typeface. The lack of a “th” to signify it’s a milestone and not a house number. It not being plumb. Small details to be sure, but ‘tis where the devil resides.

Vinnie Mac

I'm speculating it's just a timing thing where the new shows have reached a level of testing that they need to take control of some systems for the new show and they use new infrastructure that isn't connected to the old show systems and can't easily be shared; or it's just not worth building the infrastructure out to share them for 90 days. In the early days of EF, they weren't even close to starting testing of Harmonius so EF could use them.
Asked this question a couple weeks ago and was told that they would return. Every night I've been watching closely to see if they're back but not yet. I'm wondering if the FAA has anything to do with it because don't they have some type of policy with lasers?

Vinnie Mac

What a gigantic "so what!!"
Small shiny statuettes around the 4 parks...
That money would have been better spent on creating the Main Street Magical Windows like Disneyland has...
Or a new attraction...
Or painting the castle back to it's normal color.
It's the most value engineered and lackluster 50th Celebration ever!
You can argue this but I don't see how some of those complaints make any sense.

MagicHappens1971

What a gigantic "so what!!"
Small shiny statuettes around the 4 parks...
That money would have been better spent on creating the Main Street Magical Windows like Disneyland has...
Or a new attraction...
Or painting the castle back to it's normal color.
It's the most value engineered and lackluster 50th Celebration ever!
This is really turning into the “Fab 25/30”

In the Parks
Yes
Asked this question a couple weeks ago and was told that they would return. Every night I've been watching closely to see if they're back but not yet. I'm wondering if the FAA has anything to do with it because don't they have some type of policy with lasers?
It appears to be a (trained) staffing issue. Starting up, adjusting, and monitoring these laser systems are not trivial tasks. Remember that these lasers are reasonably high powered and can burn a person's skin if aimed incorrectly - that's why they are tested and tuned every time they are powered up for a show.
The only FAA requirement is that they get a call each night before the show(s) - the flight advisory (?) is only filed once per year and is current.
Lastly, I asked an Imagineer about use the laser(s) by more than one show and her reply was that it's just a show controller on the other end of an Ethernet link, and can be used by any show at any time, without any special interface or change of control script.

Vinnie Mac

It appears to be a (trained) staffing issue. Starting up, adjusting, and monitoring these laser systems are not trivial tasks. Remember that these lasers are reasonably high powered and can burn a person's skin if aimed incorrectly - that's why they are tested and tuned every time they are powered up for a show.
The only FAA requirement is that they get a call each night before the show(s) - the flight advisory (?) is only filed once per year and is current.
Lastly, I asked an Imagineer about use the laser(s) by more than one show and her reply was that it's just a show controller on the other end of an Ethernet link, and can be used by any show at any time, without any special interface or change of control script.
Ah okay that makes sense. I wonder what the most likely timeline for a return is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom