The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park Passes for October 1st have just been replenished for APs -

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 3.56.48 PM.png

Goofnut1980

Let's see if mask mandates go back into effect. Then how many people cancel the trip. Most are booking because they don't have to wear a mask whether you got the vaccine or not.. Many people that don't get the vaccine still go without a mask and always have. So if the numbers get high enough, they will have to eliminate something.
We had trips planned for the 50th and then for the beginning of December. After that, we will prob take a year off and do something different. We typically always visit in May, Sept/Oct and then December every year and have for 15 years. But I am feeling a little underwhelmed with how the parks feel and look. Just time to take a little break.

JohnD

Let's see if mask mandates go back into effect. Then how many people cancel the trip. Most are booking because they don't have to wear a mask whether you got the vaccine or not.. Many people that don't get the vaccine still go without a mask and always have. So if the numbers get high enough, they will have to eliminate something.
We had trips planned for the 50th and then for the beginning of December. After that, we will prob take a year off and do something different. We typically always visit in May, Sept/Oct and then December every year and have for 15 years. But I am feeling a little underwhelmed with how the parks feel and look. Just time to take a little break.

Could they also be replenishing passes because people are cancelling now due to COVID? If not that, then they must be increasing capacity limits.

jaklgreen

I am thrilled that they opened it up to more people, not because I want more people, but because this made my day. I had my fall trip planned and got into MK on the 1st. My husband, who has not been to WDW in over a decade because his work schedule never worked out, is finally able to go with me this year. So this made it so that we can be at MK together on the 50th. We were there for the 25th, the year after we got married and so it is nice to finally go back with him for the 50th. Especially since we did not get to do anything for our 25th anniversary due to Covid.

Figments Friend

Nice to see October 1st open up for the MK, but i am going to stay put at Epcot on the 1st.
As much as i wanted to be there in the Park that day....oh ....decisions.....

Might be fun to 'Park Hop' for the few hours, which might be more do-able now that it seems to capacity has opened up a bit.
But i fully expect it to be a madhouse.

I am already fearing absolute chaos on Sept 29th...
'Happily Ever After' i just learned is having it's final showing that evening at MK, and the place will likely be packed with folks wanting to be there for the final show.
I will be present...in the masses....as i had reserved MK some time ago for that day.

-

mightynine

I honestly thought HEA was coming back after the 50th, surprised to see it’s going away for good.

Now I really do wonder if Harm will have a similar selection of songs from HEA…

Last edited:

JohnD

Nice to see October 1st open up for the MK, but i am going to stay put at Epcot on the 1st.
As much as i wanted to be there in the Park that day....oh ....decisions.....

Might be fun to 'Park Hop' for the few hours, which might be more do-able now that it seems to capacity has opened up a bit.
But i fully expect it to be a madhouse.

I am already fearing absolute chaos on Sept 29th...
'Happily Ever After' i just learned is having it's final showing that evening at MK, and the place will likely be packed with folks wanting to be there for the final show.
I will be present...in the masses....as i had reserved MK some time ago for that day.

-
I went in June and no fireworks yet. Returning 9/30 and HEA already over. Oh well. I have a video and memories from a prior trip. You’re also right about the crazy crowds. I won’t be in the middle of it. But I will be in MK on 10/1. Will it compare? Who knows? (I did have EP on 10/1 but figured I’d switch while available. So now not planning on park hopping as I’ll need be in EP on 10/2.)

JohnD

I honestly thought HEA was coming back after the 50th, surprised to see it’s going away for good.

Now I really do wonder if Harm will have a similar selection of songs from HEA…
Looking at the big picture, it wasn’t around very long compared to Wishes. Ironically, all those who decried Wishes ending seem to have taken to HEA. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Figments Friend

I went in June and no fireworks yet. Returning 9/30 and HEA already over. Oh well. I have a video and memories from a prior trip. You’re also right about the crazy crowds. I won’t be in the middle of it. But I will be in MK on 10/1. Will it compare? Who knows? (I did have EP on 10/1 but figured I’d switch while available. So now not planning on park hopping as I’ll need be in EP on 10/2.)

Just switched myself. We have both been hoping to get into the MK on that date, and we can both now celebrate the fact that YES...we are SO there now !!
( high fives JohnD )
🙌

Can't wait to rub elbows with the many Former Cast, Imagineers, and other Disney peeps that will all be there that day.
Yes, they will be there.

Gonna be one heck of a party.

Tip - BRING YOUR OWN FOOD....it will be Hades trying to get a meal or mobile ordering that date.
You have been warned.

;)

-

JohnD

Oh...who am i kidding.

I was hoping for this ....

Fluff it, and the crowds that will be there that day....

I will now be at the Magic Kingdom on October 1st with the masses.
PARTY ON !!

🎉🥳🎉

-

You’re obviously staying at a resort or a ticket holder because MK is still available to them on 10/1. As an AP holder staying off-site, I saw the news “real time” and switched ASAP. AP holders were once again blocked out from MK on 10/1 within 30 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom