The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TTA94

Sorry for the long multi-quote. I had a lot of catching up to do.

Christmas decorating has never started at Magic Kingdom before the final Halloween event, so that is not an issue. The bigger issue is that the first Christmas FoF was running, they tore apart the garlands and hung the centerpieces (wreaths with flickering candles) from ornamental brackets on the MSUSA buildings. After fabricating custom brackets and discarding the additional garland, I doubt we will ever see the overhead garland return unless they permanently retire all parade floats that don't meet the clearance height.

The budget for the animatronic is separate. Biden is already installed. As far as the opening goes... well.. not sure about that.

Because DHS is being actively worked on with no definite timeline. Right now the goal is to have all daytime shows back by October 1st. This comes at the expense of bringing back FoF (for now). Fant! is a different story... ;)

They are really not planning on having FoF back by then. I wouldn't expect any parades until 2022.

This is not usually where insiders are coming from. It often has a lot more to do with stopping the spread of misinformation and false rumors.

They most likely are.

That is not the intent of the new Cavalcades. They are temporary until it is once again viable to fully staff entertainment offerings.

MK would have likely started on backstage infrastructure construction to house PTN if that was the case. The current High Bay and Shed facilities are not adequate to support PTN floats in addition to the existing MK parades (or so I've been told). While it's still possible, though extremely unlikely, we could maybe see a night parade at MK in 2022. I'm not expecting parades to return this year.

It might be fair to say that Fant! isn't coming back...
...because it's getting upgraded! A new version of the show is expected to premier in 2022.

Do you think it is likely we will hear about some things like F! and parades for 2022 at D23 this November?

DCBaker

Premium Member
2021-WDW-Magic-Kingdom-Partners-Statue-Refurbishment-2-1397x1536.jpeg

Figments Friend

I would love a 50th museum. Something similar to One Man's Dream at DHS but focused solely on the history of WDW. Could go anywhere.

YES!
Much like the display they had for Epcot's 25th Anniversary in the ol' ( now demolished ) Communicore building.
That was a small, yet meaningful display of various memoribilia associated with the Parks creation and history.
It was left standing for several years after the initial 25th events....much to my delight.

I would like to think something similar would be planned for display at MK for the 50th.
The question is........WHERE would it go?
Is there a fitting space currently availible that such a display could be housed?

Make it happen, Disney.

-

Bocabear

What is in the current Main Street location that the 25th exhibit was in?
Town Square Theater and empty meet and greets... Going to be a long time with the current surge before Meet and Greets are completely safe again...

wedenterprises

YES!
Much like the display they had for Epcot's 25th Anniversary in the ol' ( now demolished ) Communicore building.
That was a small, yet meaningful display of various memoribilia associated with the Parks creation and history.
It was left standing for several years after the initial 25th events....much to my delight.

I would like to think something similar would be planned for display at MK for the 50th.
The question is........WHERE would it go?
Is there a fitting space currently availible that such a display could be housed?

Make it happen, Disney.

-
yeah not sure where in MK, although even a temporary structure behind main street, or in the old Tomorrowland Theater (now cast parking area) would be fine.

Figments Friend

It's the 50th anniversary but the park is only open till 9pm :hilarious:

OH, haven't you heard......?

"Celebrate the kickoff of Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary in a magical way by enjoying our exclusive '50th EARidescent After Hours Event'!
This special ticketed Event is taking place ONLY on the evening of October 1st as a special 'after hours' Birthday Party for the Park!
9pm to midnight, with entry for the Event starting at 7pm.
Special entertainment, select Attractions, surprise special guests, and a free celebratory cupcake is included. Separate admission ticket to this exclusive evening of a once in a lifetime experience is required"

"Tickets go on sale August 1st, online only, to select Disney Resort Guests".

Price per ticket -
$550

;)

-

Okay....okay.....I am kidding.

Or am I....??

-

Figments Friend

What is in the current Main Street location that the 25th exhibit was in?
Town Square Theater and empty meet and greets... Going to be a long time with the current surge before Meet and Greets are completely safe again...

This was my first thought too....Town Square Theater but I wasn't sure what the current plans are for reinstating the Meet n' Greets.
Not sure if that spot would still be availible by the time this proposed 50th Anniversary display would likely want to be opened.

I would imagine they would want to have such a display in MK proper.
Although in the past they have placed other Park memoribilia displays at Epcot in the past.
Shanghai Disneyland display within the China Pavillion, for example.

Perhaps place a WDW 50th 'museum' at the American Adventure's display area?
The 'thematic excuse' for placing at that location could be 'WDW is a American icon and part of its culture"

-

Last edited:

DisneyWorld30th

This was my first thought too....Town Square Theater but I wasn't sure what the current plans are for reinstating the Meet n' Greets.
Not sure if that spot would still be availible by the time this proposed 50th Anniversary display would likely want to be opened.

I would imagine they would want to have such a display in MK proper.
Although in the past they have placed other Park memoribilia displays at Epcot in the past.
Shanghai Disneyland display within the China Pavillion, for example.
Perhaps place a WDW 50th 'museum' at the American Adventure's display area?

-
They could also use the Diamond Horseshoe Review Building.

MadTeacup

Everyone says that Reflections of Earth was their favorite nighttime show. Mine is Fantasmic! So, I would be extremely happy to see it getting the love it deserves.
While RoE was my favorite fireworks spectacular, Fant! will always be my favorite way to end a day at Disney.

Do you think it is likely we will hear about some things like F! and parades for 2022 at D23 this November?
Most likely, but that's just the both of us taking an educated guess.

How exciting! Would this be part of the vague "phase 2" of the 50th celebration alongside TRON and GotG etc.. or just a separate offering?
I honestly Don't know how to answer this because "phase 2" is an unintentional product of the pandemic. To the best of my knowledge, Fant! was not origfinally scheduled downtime before the pandemic. So it turned into the surprise 50th anniversary update that was not originally planned. Disney Parks Live Entertainment has been wanting to perform an update to the WDW show for years now after the mostly positive reception to the DL Fan! 2.0. (The 2 coasts actually abbreviate the show differently. It's weird.) The problem has largely been park leadership *cough*philholmes*cough* not wanting give Fant! The necessary downtime. Considering the current leadership is aware the show will be forced to remain Closed for an extended period, they allowed Entertainment to finally pull the trigger on the upgrade. While I know very little about the project, I do know that the entire lighting grid is being replaced, partially to eliminate obsolete technology. I would also expect articulated fountain heads to replace the static vertical jets (the technicians were already researching this before the pandemic) and I would be shocked if they didn't add the projection mapping. As far as scene updates go, I've heard nothing. I would not be surprised if pocahontas was replaced. It's always been the one scene that many have expressed as feeling slightly out of place or inferior. Also, the native Americans in that scene would probably be considered culturally insensitive today due to the fact that most of the actors who portray them are of European descent. I would not expect the flying carpet and would be shocked if they performed any major updates to the dragon. Remember that the WDW dragon has more constraints due to the mountain set it pops out from. Overall I'm expecting a tasteful refresh that will retain most of the status quo while plussing things up a little.

Surferboy567

Vaguely related to the 50th, but it still counts. runDisney has shared designs for the themes of the 2022 marathon weekend. These themes are 50th anniversary related all featuring EARidescent designs.

Bocabear

I think they are holding out. I think something big is coming. 🤣 What can I say...I'm a dreamer!
Disney loves having something to promote to stay in the news cycle... They hype even the most minute of details...like pavers and Terrazzo...If they had something big coming, they would have most likely dropped it by now...or at least have been hinting about it...
Sadly I think we are getting what we know about... and maybe less.
There were a lot of announcements made before Covid that have been cancelled or suspended...I am not expecting anything more...
well, a price increase...I am sure lol
and cupcakes.

FutureCEO

Disney loves having something to promote to stay in the news cycle... They hype even the most minute of details...like pavers and Terrazzo...If they had something big coming, they would have most likely dropped it by now...or at least have been hinting about it...
Sadly I think we are getting what we know about... and maybe less.
There were a lot of announcements made before Covid that have been cancelled or suspended...I am not expecting anything more...
well, a price increase...I am sure lol
and cupcakes.

According to some videos, there was already a fifty cent increase in one of the Japanese Food and Wines plates

SugarMagnolia75

The best? I dunno.

But imagine if the fireworks were supplemented by projections not in 1 location but in 3. And the projection shows were totally different and tailored to different audiences, but all fit with with the same fireworks and music. Maybe on Beast’s castle, maybe Space Mountain, could be done a few places. People would of course *need* to see all three, and would inevitably spread around the park.
That's what they do at Disneyland and it works wonderfully. And they have crowd control during fireworks down to a science there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom