The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The best? I dunno.

But imagine if the fireworks were supplemented by projections not in 1 location but in 3. And the projection shows were totally different and tailored to different audiences, but all fit with with the same fireworks and music. Maybe on Beast’s castle, maybe Space Mountain, could be done a few places. People would of course *need* to see all three, and would inevitably spread around the park.
I have an alternative suggestion in my sig below... ;)

Bocabear

The 50 Golden Statues should actually reflect the actual park we are celebrating... Not every random Disney Character, but Characters and things specific to Walt Disney World... Fab 5 naturally, but the other 45 should be directly related to Walt Disney World Specifically... Peter Pan and Tink, Hitchhiking Ghosts, Big Al, Pirate Auctioneer, Jose the parrot, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...etc. All characters related to the history of Disney's Flagship resort...and that would include the other WDW parks...Figment, C-3PO, Simba...a nice balance of statues in front of each of the attractions that they are inspired by...
The notion that they would just do random Disney Characters makes no sense when this is supposed to be all about Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary... Not the Disney Company in general. Like I said in the other thread, it would be like celebrating "Christmas" with generic "All Holiday" decor...including American Flags, Easter Bunnies, Hearts, Pumpkins and shamrocks. lol

Last edited:

Kamikaze

And now, ever since the 50th, Disneyland has far outshined the Magic Kingdom in upkeep and additions. This was the chance to finally see things added and plussed to MK…and now looks like it’ll all stay the same more or less…no major revamp of Peter Pan…or Pooh…or Small World…or Speedway…or Big Thunder…or Space Mountain.
Oh I don't disagree at all, its just one of the many reasons why I visit DL instead of WDW.

sup

I think after the first couple of weeks of standing lines and no magical parades, character meet and greets, disney dining the 50th Ann. will not soar like it is suppose to. I just isn't Disney. I hope people see that and back away for giving so much money to a not so magical place. Go to six flags. Its a theme park with better coasters.

JohnD

The 50 Golden Statues should actually reflect the actual park we are celebrating... Not every random Disney Character, but Characters and things specific to Walt Disney World... Fab 5 naturally, but the other 45 should be directly related to Walt Disney World Specifically... Peter Pan and Tink, Hitchhiking Ghosts, Big Al, Pirate Auctioneer, Jose the parrot, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...etc. All characters related to the history of Disney's Flagship resort...and that would include the other WDW parks...Figment, C-3PO, Simba...a nice balance of statues in front of each of the attractions that they are inspired by...
The notion that they would just do random Disney Characters makes no sense when this is supposed to be all about Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary... Not the Disney Company in general. Like I said in the other thread, it would be like celebrating "Christmas" with generic "All Holiday" decor...including American Flags, Easter Bunnies, Hearts, Pumpkins and shamrocks. lol

We don't know precisely yet. But I think Figment will only be in Epcot, R2 only in HS, and Simba only in AK, for example. It remains to be seen what 50 characters they are and how distributed.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

We don't know precisely yet. But I think Figment will only by in Epcot, R2 only in HS, and Simba only in AK, for example. It remains to be seen what 50 characters they are and how distributed.

This is precisely the way I thought it would be as well.

Vinnie Mac

I think after the first couple of weeks of standing lines and no magical parades, character meet and greets, disney dining the 50th Ann. will not soar like it is suppose to. I just isn't Disney. I hope people see that and back away for giving so much money to a not so magical place. Go to six flags. Its a theme park with better coasters.
Six Flags is a "theme" park as much as a river boat is a cruise ship. Six Flags isn't a "theme" park it's an amusement park which has little to no theming for its attractions. If you don't like Disney then there are other parks at Disney's level like Universal and SeaWorld.

Vinnie Mac

The best? I dunno.

But imagine if the fireworks were supplemented by projections not in 1 location but in 3. And the projection shows were totally different and tailored to different audiences, but all fit with with the same fireworks and music. Maybe on Beast’s castle, maybe Space Mountain, could be done a few places. People would of course *need* to see all three, and would inevitably spread around the park.
I actually really like this idea. Like the Disneyland shows. Funny enough I imagined some type of "celebration of color" show Disney could do in the Magic Kingdom had WoC not existed and if some of the music for Electric Ocean in SeaWorld was owned by Disney. The show would have featured this kinda setup that you're talking about.

MadTeacup

Sorry for the long multi-quote. I had a lot of catching up to do.
Seeing that Festival of Fantasy was (from what I know) the only reason why they could no longer put up the garland across MS USA, if the parade is not running all holiday season long I don't see why they would not be able to put them back up. The only possible issue is the Maleficient Float running during boobash which may overlap with the decoration setup times.
Christmas decorating has never started at Magic Kingdom before the final Halloween event, so that is not an issue. The bigger issue is that the first Christmas FoF was running, they tore apart the garlands and hung the centerpieces (wreaths with flickering candles) from ornamental brackets on the MSUSA buildings. After fabricating custom brackets and discarding the additional garland, I doubt we will ever see the overhead garland return unless they permanently retire all parade floats that don't meet the clearance height.
I hope they don't include the re-opening of Hall of Presidents as one of the offerings for the 50th. It should be open before that. And the budget for the Biden animatronic should be separate.
The budget for the animatronic is separate. Biden is already installed. As far as the opening goes... well.. not sure about that.
Did they leave out DHS entertainment for a reason?
Because DHS is being actively worked on with no definite timeline. Right now the goal is to have all daytime shows back by October 1st. This comes at the expense of bringing back FoF (for now). Fant! is a different story... ;)
Is the Mickey Cavalcade a MISI replacement, or are they really not planning on having FoF back by then?
They are really not planning on having FoF back by then. I wouldn't expect any parades until 2022.
But see the “insiders” can’t resist the chance to tell a commoner like you when you are wrong.

They know something you don’t know cause they are special!!! Don’t forget it! :)
This is not usually where insiders are coming from. It often has a lot more to do with stopping the spread of misinformation and false rumors.
Can Disneyland please keep "Magic Happens" and Paint The Night?
They most likely are.
I think it might be replacing MISI.
That is not the intent of the new Cavalcades. They are temporary until it is once again viable to fully staff entertainment offerings.
Yeah, it would be nice to hear about some sort of parade. At the very least, FoF needs to come back, right?

I naively am hoping that they are just waiting until they have sufficiently entertainment staffing in place to announce PTN coming over to MK in addition to FoF during the day. That's gonna happen, right? 🤪
MK would have likely started on backstage infrastructure construction to house PTN if that was the case. The current High Bay and Shed facilities are not adequate to support PTN floats in addition to the existing MK parades (or so I've been told). While it's still possible, though extremely unlikely, we could maybe see a night parade at MK in 2022. I'm not expecting parades to return this year.
Supposedly F! is not coming back until 2022.
It might be fair to say that Fant! isn't coming back...
...because it's getting upgraded! A new version of the show is expected to premier in 2022.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom