The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

James Alucobond

Is that duct tape?
It looks like they were screwed on or somehow mechanically affixed based on the two pilot holes and that the adhesive strip was just to hold it in place while they secured it from behind. Maybe they forgot the screws for this one or something? Either way, I'd have personally dowsed the thing in Liquid Nails too just to be sure.

Last edited:

JohnD

This is a sad day for Happily Ever After. The company hasn't delivered on nighttime shows consistently enough to mess with something that fantastic.

No one has said it will be Sadly Never After. It just sounds like there will be a focus on the 50th anniversary fireworks show during the 50th anniversary, October 1 - September 30. Will HEA still play during the 50th? We don't know. But wouldn't it be reasonable to assume it will be back October 1, 2022?

AmishGuy91

No one has said it will be Sadly Never After. It just sounds like there will be a focus on the 50th anniversary fireworks show during the 50th anniversary, October 1 - September 30. Will HEA still play during the 50th? We don't know. But wouldn't it be reasonable to assume it will be back October 1, 2022?
More like April 1, 2023 since the 50th is an 18 month celebration.

No Name

Maybe. Hopefully they'll go with whatever one has better guest reception.

SpectroMan93

Glad I’m going in August so I can see HEA one last time. It’s probably likely that whichever show has the better guest satisfaction will be the one to continue after the 50th anniversary. I’m conflicted, HEA to me is one of the best nighttime spectaculars that’s ever been presented. Sad that due to the pandemic it’s run was cut short. But if it’s the same team working on Enchantment that worked on HEA, I’m optimistic.

JohnD

Remember: The same people lamenting the loss of HEA would be the first complaining if there were no 50th Anniversary fireworks show. I can "hear" them now. "It's the 50th anniversary and Disney can't be bothered to produce a 50th Anniversary fireworks show? I guess it will be nothing more than cupcakes again." Or something like that.

gerarar

Premium Member
Shaking my head............kind of shocking even though I knew about it since it broke this morning.

I hope this is a good idea.............................................
Same! I saw the news broke on Twitter this morning and immediately shut off my phone and went back to work not knowing how to react. It’s been in my head all day long…hopefully this isn’t the end for HEA.

Remember: The same people lamenting the loss of HEA would be the first complaining if there were no 50th Anniversary fireworks show. I can "hear" them now. "It's the 50th anniversary and Disney can't be bothered to produce a 50th Anniversary fireworks show? I guess it will be nothing more than cupcakes again." Or something like that.
Not necessarily? I would’ve preferred a tag at the end of HEA and the funds be used instead for a new parade or something. Or maybe some true enhancements to existing rides like BTMR or HM.

brb1006

It's fascinating seeing the reactions compared to the Disneyland side of this board.

The_Jobu

Fingers crossed they bring back Oliver and Dodger for the 50th. :D

parade.jpeg

brb1006

"50 golden statues of iconic, classic Disney characters such as:

Mr. Potato Head
Mater
R2-D2
Ion Man
Jar-Jar Binks
Captain Marvel
Homer Simpson
Deadpool
Stewie Griffin
Macaullay Culkin

and more!"

;)
What about Marie?
e84cb90d0db043ebb8764a58300b3088.jpg

Alongside her brothers?
berlioz_aristocats_marie_toulouse.jpg

And Figaro?
f9fcfa6f801e4ea3a5fc832965a34367.jpg

Darth Vader: "I find Walt Disney World's lack of kittens disturbing"
1618.jpg

WDW and DL needs more cats!

Last edited:

doctornick

I do find it quite intriguing that they announced the things many people have been asking for on this forum (new fireworks, character costumes, more 50th decorations), only for the reactions to be literally “meh” and “yawn” 🤨
To be fair, it's usually different people voicing different concerns.

A lot of the folks who are very happy with HEA probably aren't voicing much in the way of "needing" new entertainment for the 50th.

Conversely those who feel there should be new entertainment changed all the times would be upset if there wasn't something new for the 50th.

Personally, I'm more concerned about the quality and quantity of what is offered more than how often it changes. I have no problem with running a parade for 10 years as long as it is good. But then again, we only tend to go every few years to the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom