The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

MagicHappens1971

Curious what capacity they are at right now with MK for Oct 1. By then I’d be surprised if MK and Epcot do not reach pre covid NYE capacity levels. That should and always has been the expectation I know.
I have no insider info but I’d be willing to bet Epcot & MK will not be anywhere near NYE capacity levels on 10/1. Maybe pre-Covid and maybe if this was a year or two from now, but Disney will not be shoving that many people in so soon. Just an educated guess

TTA94

I have no insider info but I’d be willing to bet Epcot & MK will not be anywhere near NYE capacity levels on 10/1. Maybe pre-Covid and maybe if this was a year or two from now, but Disney will not be shoving that many people in so soon. Just an educated guess

Hopefully your right.

runnsally

Seems like adding ticket availability now decreases the likelihood of another onsite resort coming back online before 10/1 (aside from what has already been announced).

MagicHappens1971

Seems like adding ticket availability now decreases the likelihood of another onsite resort coming back online before 10/1 (aside from what has already been announced).
I do find it surprising they haven’t announced another hotel opening yet. I think reopening Port Orleans could be beneficial. I’m assuming they still don’t have the staff or feel that the staff would be more beneficial elsewhere and it is cheaper to operate less resorts at the current volume, if in there is an uptick.

TTA94

As someone who will be there, I’m hoping the same. I’m not sure how far they’re willing to go this year, I don’t even really care about crowds and risk of covid (I’m vaccinated) it’s just the crowds in general, don’t really want to deal with those type of crowds

Yeah I’ll be there to and I’m vaccinated. Not looking forward to the crowds. I’m expecting the worst and hopefully it won’t be as bad lol.

jrhwdw

Curious what capacity they are at right now with MK for Oct 1. By then I’d be surprised if MK and Epcot do not reach pre covid NYE capacity levels. That should and always has been the expectation I know.
These Boards weren't around on 10/1/96 but was anyone at MK on the 25th? Would be interesting to check that crowd level... I have No doubt MK will be Very Crowded! It's the 50th, Come On!!! Epcot I'm not sure. Who knows how many people will Rope Drop Rat??? And the only time WSL was over packed was on a Big Anniversary. I highly doubt Harm will have an Epcot Tag that Day!

Another thing is Beacons Of Magic in all 4 Parks...

DCBaker

Premium Member
MK park passes for Oct 1st for APs have been refreshed -

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 12.32.50 PM.png

Figments Friend

Late to hear the news, but thanks for the info about capacity being bumped up for October 1st.
Just now scored a spot for Epcot....so instead of celebrating the 50th with the Na'vi over at Animal Kingdom I will be home at Epcot honoring its 39th.
Yay!
:)
Non-AP here....Resort Guest....and as of now Epcot is still availible.

I am still however shut out of Magic Kingdom, even as a Resort Guest.
But I'm not complaining....as there is still a slim chance I might be able to slip in.
For now, I am happy to be at Epcot....yet again on October 1st.

Need to plan another meet up at the Magic Gardens over at the Imagination Pavillion again.
I still have a lot of my Tony Baxter fan art postcards to give away!

-

MadTeacup

I’m a little concerned that they’ve only be advertising Mickey & Minnie in the “EARidescent” costumes. It’s unlike Disney to only given the two of them anniversary/celebrating outfits and not the rest of the fab 5
They're working on costumes for all the Mickey & Friends main characters, I believe. Pluto has a really cool collar with the 50th crest on the tag.

brb1006

They're working on costumes for all the Mickey & Friends main characters, I believe. Pluto has a really cool collar with the 50th crest on the tag.
Doubt they would go the extra mile as Paris did where almost every Disney Characters besides Mickey & Friends were given anniversary attire. But a man can dream though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom