The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

jrhwdw

That’s why I said OUAT wouldn’t return “any time soon” a couple days ago ;)

Of course, I guess they could bring it back in September for a couple weeks once sunset is early enough but I don’t gather that’s their intention.
Can they have it ready by 10/1? Is it a special show, part of 50th Tag? Or just HEA on Main Street? Which is an upgrade don't get me wrong.

TTA94

A separate projection show was envisioned in addition to fireworks once the light parade was ruled out. I don’t know about Main Street projections, though they’d be a good move to spread people out.

You mean what happened after Spectro and MSEP left? That’s exactly what they did, HEA and OUAT lol.

TTA94

So no hope of them bringing a nighttime parade over for summer 2022 or the other half of the 50th?

To keep the hope alive lol, It’s possible next year’s decisions haven’t been made yet, or known to insiders. Worst case DL or DCA might bring one of them back, so we can all go there and enjoy it lol. Plus they have a new ish daytime parade (Magic Happens).

TTA94

So no hope of them bringing a nighttime parade over for summer 2022 or the other half of the 50th?

Just for fun lol. I just did some searching. Technically, it’s not TO late to get MSEP to MK by October lol, but it will be very soon. DEP ended at DCA in April 2010 and debuted at MK in June 2010. 3 months. Keeping in mind that’s MSEP in which they have experience shipping. Paint, which is the one that was actually rumored awhile back, not really MSEP, I’d imagine would probably take longer.

But, as Mansionbutler said, he’s not holding his breath.

jrhwdw

Just for fun lol. I just did some searching. Technically, it’s not TO late to get MSEP to MK by October lol, but it will be very soon. DEP ended at DCA in April 2010 and debuted at MK in June 2010. 3 months. Keeping in mind that’s MSEP in which they have experience shipping. Paint, which is the one that was actually rumored awhile back, not really MSEP, I’d imagine would probably take longer.

But, as Mansionbutler said, he’s not holding his breath.
That's more of a Miracle than Celebrate America this year! LOL!!!!

culturenthrills

A separate projection show was envisioned in addition to fireworks once the light parade was ruled out. I don’t know about Main Street projections, though they’d be a good move to spread people out.
If we get anything close to the "Celebrate Tokyo Disneyland" projection show they did for their 35th Anniversay i would be all for that!

brb1006

"Back at Magic Kingdom, it’s not immediately clear if the work to bring projection effects to Main Street USA is part of a standalone projection show, or if it’s part of a bigger project aimed at improving upon the Happily Ever After nighttime spectacular by bringing projections to Main Street USA during that show.

Either way, our sources have said that Disney is going to be moving forward with the project as part of a renewed push to bring nighttime entertainment back to the theme parks. It’s unclear if the work is being done to have a show debut on October 1, 2021 or simply at some point during the 18-month celebration."

Having a feeling it might be similar to the Disneyland Forever fireworks/projection show created for the resort's 60th Anniversary.

TTA94

Having a feeling it might be similar to the Disneyland Forever fireworks/projection show created for the resort's 60th Anniversary.

Wasn’t there a rumor waaay back that WDW wanted to repeat what DLs had for their 60th, focusing on all nighttime entertainment? It seems like a focus on nighttime entertainment has been and still is WDWs goal.

jrhwdw

Wasn’t there a rumor waaay back that WDW wanted to repeat what DLs had for their 60th, focusing on all nighttime entertainment? It seems like a focus on nighttime entertainment has been and still is WDWs goal.
I don't remember that rumor.....but maybe I was in the wrong thread. That would be quite the goal since DLR had PTN, DL Forever and WOC Celebrate!

I know we wanted TDO to correct their Night Parade mistake(Not replacing MSEP when DL needed it back, not even FOF twice a day!)but that's about it. There;s was nothing strong about FOF 50th or Castle Show 50th. Although, MK didn't have a 25th Show, just little Tags before the Regular Shows.

And no one could figure out (not complaning) what was happening with HEA....50th Show? 50th Tag? I think we still don't know(Tag wise, too late for a full 50th Show!)! What was tested Thurs Night? HEA's launch Spot? Or Perim.???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom