The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

DCBaker

Premium Member
So i know this is a long thread...and i have only been able to keep up sporadically, so perhaps this topic has already been discussed -

Any educated guesses as to how 'Park Hopping' is going to be handled on October 1st to MK ?
Both MK and Epcot are 'booked solid' of Park Reservations, and naturally Guests are going to attempt to 'hop' over to MK later in the day or perhaps even Epcot.

What is everyone thinking might be Disney's plan to handle this?
It has been on my mind lately and was interested in hearing some opinions on the matter.

-

Martin did post this on the Harmonious thread -

Likely MK will end up stopping accepting hoppers.

brb1006

I’ve enjoyed all the parades I’ve seen at WDW over the years. Mickey’s Jammin Jungle Parade, Move it, Shake it Celebrate it, Spectromagic!, MVMCP, Festival of Fantasy, etc Sadly, most are gone forever. MSEP is, and probably always will be, my favorite. Primarily for no other reason than nostalgia. It was the first parade I ever saw at WDW. It was the first parade my kids saw at WDW. The music bores in your head and when I heard it again with my kids for the first time in years it took me back to sitting on my dad’s shoulders and watching with awe as it went by. Unlike anything I had previously seen. I put my kids on my shoulders and saw the same sparkle in their eyes. I’m eternally biased…
What about "Share A Dream Come True Parade" (before it was modified to Dreams Come True Parade/Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade)? I still have fond memories of that parade due it's memorable score.

Biff215

Walt d

It’ll be interesting to see what’s announced. Is tomorrow the official all-inclusive announcement for the 50th or more of a sneak-peek of a taste of what’s to come?
I cant wait to get one with my name on it. I have one that says 25 on it. Now i need a 50th i have cells from little mermaid and others but the 25th with my name on it is, my most Important collectible that I have…

DCBaker

Premium Member

"This is just the beginning. We’re working with Snap on more amazing photo experiences, including some magical surprises in celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.

Generations have come to Walt Disney World Resort to escape the everyday, be part of their favorite Disney stories, and travel to new worlds. This fall, The World’s Most Magical Celebration will bring Disney fans together to commemorate 50 incredible years of magic.

To mark the occasion, Disney PhotoPass Service is working with Snap to virtually transform Cinderella Castle. With the My Disney Experience app, you’ll be able to place your favorite image captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers on the iconic castle with augmented reality. Look through your camera lens in the app and you’ll see a beautiful mosaic of special moments shared by our guests to celebrate the 50th. The best part is, you can share your memory with your friends and family, and the next time you return during the 18-month 50th Celebration, your photo will be there waiting for you!

There will be even more to discover in the My Disney Experience app this fall – including special Disney PhotoPass Lenses you can use right from the app, powered by Snap’s camera technology. You’ll be able to take selfies with your favorite Disney characters, experience unique Walt Disney World moments, and even make some magic of your very own with augmented reality! There will be more news to share ahead of the 50th anniversary, so stay tuned.

We’re just getting started and always discovering new ways to bring Disney stories and characters to life – whether you meet us at one of our Disney destinations, at home, or online. And every day, we’re exploring how technology can help us bridge the physical and digital worlds to create unforgettable moments for our guests.

It’s all so that you can experience even more magic with the people you care about and be part of the stories you love. And with so many fan-favorite characters, theme park icons, and Disney adventures at our fingertips, the possibilities are practically endless for what we call the ‘theme park metaverse.’"

dreday3

"This is just the beginning. We’re working with Snap on more amazing photo experiences, including some magical surprises in celebration of the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.

Generations have come to Walt Disney World Resort to escape the everyday, be part of their favorite Disney stories, and travel to new worlds. This fall, The World’s Most Magical Celebration will bring Disney fans together to commemorate 50 incredible years of magic.

To mark the occasion, Disney PhotoPass Service is working with Snap to virtually transform Cinderella Castle. With the My Disney Experience app, you’ll be able to place your favorite image captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers on the iconic castle with augmented reality. Look through your camera lens in the app and you’ll see a beautiful mosaic of special moments shared by our guests to celebrate the 50th. The best part is, you can share your memory with your friends and family, and the next time you return during the 18-month 50th Celebration, your photo will be there waiting for you!

There will be even more to discover in the My Disney Experience app this fall – including special Disney PhotoPass Lenses you can use right from the app, powered by Snap’s camera technology. You’ll be able to take selfies with your favorite Disney characters, experience unique Walt Disney World moments, and even make some magic of your very own with augmented reality! There will be more news to share ahead of the 50th anniversary, so stay tuned.

We’re just getting started and always discovering new ways to bring Disney stories and characters to life – whether you meet us at one of our Disney destinations, at home, or online. And every day, we’re exploring how technology can help us bridge the physical and digital worlds to create unforgettable moments for our guests.

It’s all so that you can experience even more magic with the people you care about and be part of the stories you love. And with so many fan-favorite characters, theme park icons, and Disney adventures at our fingertips, the possibilities are practically endless for what we call the ‘theme park metaverse.’"

Now that's pretty neat!

Stevie Amsterdam

How on earth did they make the castle look even worse with the overlayed photos than the already horrible sunburned look it got a while ago? o_O

1621534333575.png

Squishy

"This is just the beginning"
How much times are they going to say this leading up to the 50th? :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom