The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

peter11435

Agreed. The reservation system is almost certainly never going away. And as you said, the Bobs have said before that theres a sweet spot that they want of less guests with higher average spend per guest per day. What you might lose in less ticket sales will more likely be made up with the happy guests willing to spend more.

saying that, I think they’ll really need to increase recreation offerings at the resort hotels for gusts that might not be able to get a reservation for days of their trip, they could look to DCL for some ideas ie beverage seminars, site tours etc, to round out the resort experience
The reservation system may stay but the limits on capacity will not. Once capacity goes back to what it was pre pandemic there won’t really be an issue with guests not being able to get a reservation outside of a small handful of days.

UNCgolf

saying that, I think they’ll really need to increase recreation offerings at the resort hotels for gusts that might not be able to get a reservation for days of their trip, they could look to DCL for some ideas ie beverage seminars, site tours etc, to round out the resort experience

I think the vast majority of WDW visitors (90% or more) would be livid if they were not allowed to go to the parks on one of their visit days, and would probably cancel their trip. However, as @peter11435 just said, that really shouldn't be an issue once capacity limits are removed. There's almost no chance that all four parks would be at capacity on the same day.

I'm curious to see what they do with park hopping since the reservation system is staying. Will people still only be able to park hop after 2 PM every day? While that likely wouldn't be a big deal for most guests, it would probably lead to shorter trips for me and possibly some skipped trips entirely. We usually spend one full day in each park (except DHS; just not enough we like to do there right now) and then do a lot of hopping on the other 2 or 3 days. Last time I was there we had a day where we were at AK in the morning for one thing, headed to EPCOT around 11:30 for another thing and to have lunch, then went to MK around 1:30. That kind of flexibility is a big deal for me.

TTA94

The sooner the better we get to the point where CMs can be vaccinated and or vaccines are open to everyone. Then basically it can be a At Your Own Risk type thing and CMs will not have to enforce the mask rules anymore. Either people choose to get the vaccine, continue to wear a mask if you want to protect yourself, or don’t get the vaccine or wear a mask and hope you’ll be lucky and not ever catch the virus.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
continue to wear a mask if you want to protect yourself
Masks predominantly protect others, not the wearer. Not directed at you but it’s been a source of misinformation - and potentially a false sense of security - for 52 weeks and counting now in the UK (and elsewhere)

But I’m of course not attempting to reignite a mask debate. Plenty of other threads have done that.

Last edited:

brihow

Masks predominantly protect others, not the wearer. Not directed at you but it’s been a source of misinformation - and potentially a false sense of security - for 52 weeks and counting now in the UK (and elsewhere)

But I’m of course not attempting to reignite a mask debate. Plenty of other threads have done that.
They do protect the wearer if they are the right type of mask (preferably N95) and they have a good tight fit.

TTA94

Could Disney do a temporary after hour event for Fireworks requiring proof of vaccination? Once vaccines are available to all age groups. Or would that cause a lot of backlash? Probably answering my own question here but one issue I could see happening is people complaining they can not get the vaccine for “medical reasons”, religious beliefs, etc. However Disney could come back and say we are doing a phased reopening of nighttime shows and we will allow other guests soon.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Could Disney do a temporary after hour event for Fireworks requiring proof of vaccination? Once vaccines are available to all age groups. Or would that cause a lot of backlash? Probably answering my own question here but one issue I could see happening is people complaining they can not get the vaccine for “medical reasons”, religious beliefs, etc. However Disney could come back and say we are doing a phased reopening of nighttime shows and we will allow other guests soon.
By the time vaccines are available to all age groups, I think peoples attitude will be any adult who didn’t get vaccinated has taken their life into their own hands.

TTA94

Just speculating here, Assuming all age groups opens by July, at least I think that was once the idea, hopefully sooner, maybe the CDC which Disney is following to the book it seems, will see what things look like in 2 or 3 months allowing the majority to get a chance to get the vaccine, Then they might support relaxed social distancing or no social distancing by November ish. IF things continue to go in a positive direction and no hiccups. Maybe that’s one of Disney’s scenarios.
Should it play out that way, the bad news is we will have wait until the Holidays to see nighttime shows, and this would likely kill MNSSHP this year or have a watered down version... But the good news is MVMCP might be saved and with fireworks, along with HEA on non party nights, Harmonious and Fant.

jrhwdw

Just speculating here, Assuming all age groups opens by July, at least I think that was once the idea, hopefully sooner, maybe the CDC which Disney is following to the book it seems, will see what things look like in 2 or 3 months allowing the majority to get a chance to get the vaccine, Then they might support relaxed social distancing or no social distancing by November ish. IF things continue to go in a positive direction and no hiccups. Maybe that’s one of Disney’s scenarios.
Should it play out that way, the bad news is we will have wait until the Holidays to see nighttime shows, and this would likely kill MNSSHP this year or have a watered down version... But the good news is MVMCP might be saved and with fireworks, along with HEA on non party nights, Harmonious and Fant.
HEA 50th Tag you mean. Hopefully that's still planned. I'm guessing MNSSHP and UOR's HHN are in Jeopardy right now? Another Halloween with CineCele? I'm fine with that!!!

Regarding Vacc., Wasn't it Biden's plan to make Vacc. available to every adult by May 1st? Did he say anything about kids? Or is that plan still coming?

TTA94

HEA 50th Tag you mean. Hopefully that's still planned. I'm guessing MNSSHP and UOR's HHN are in Jeopardy right now? Another Halloween with CineCele? I'm fine with that!!!

Regarding Vacc., Wasn't it Biden's plan to make Vacc. available to every adult by May 1st? Did he say anything about kids? Or is that plan still coming?

I was just speculating on a more realistic time frame, since vaccines are moving at the speed of turtles it feels like.

I do wonder though if FL opens vaccines to everyone before other states, will that impact Disney’s decisions on distancing and nighttime shows? Or will WDW wait until the majority of the states, etc have vaccines available to all? DL might be different since they are more local based, but WDWs focus isn’t so much on locals.

UNCgolf

They have to do clinical trials on kids first. They're in the process right now, but impossible to make any promises about when they could be available until that data is ready and reviewed by the FDA.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

Fauci said a while ago we should have vaccines for kids by the time school starts.

I do wonder how much pressure there will be to send any vaccines the US has to countries where there are still high-risk elderly people in need of vaccination versus our kids who have almost no risk of serious illness.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They have to do clinical trials on kids first. They're in the process right now, but impossible to make any promises about when they could be available until that data is ready and reviewed by the FDA.

Which makes cruising all but impossible if the mandate becomes “all passengers must be vaccinated” for cruise ships.

yensid67

I wish they could have done some kind of heavy plastic drapery that would blow naturally in the breeze instead of stagnant hard plastic cheep looking

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom