The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TrainsOfDisney

Let’s see if Sea World can paint a lighthouse better than Disney can paint a castle...

(Photo from clickorlando.com)

F505C52A-7F12-413A-96B2-7FF1F95B3747.jpeg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
But it is not an "Improvement" but merely replacing what was removed and had been there since the opening of the park... We have set the bar so low for the 50th that I am expecting a press release for sweeping Hollywood Boulevard and emptying the trashcans..."Disney Imagineers created this new "trash-free" look just for the 50th Celebration!"

And I bet they would pat themselves on the back heartily for doing so. Kind of like bringing back the original entrance spires at Epcot. “Look at us, look at what we did! So ingenious!” 🤦‍♂️

TTA94

Anyone know if they were filming something today at AK for the 50th? Saw camera crews earlier this evening.

View attachment 540753

Not to be negative but I doubt it’s for anything exciting. DAK sadly looks to be pushed aside from the majority of the 50th. DHS not to far behind. Only thing DHS has going for it will be it’s continuing popularity of ROTR and then the return of F!. MK and moreso Epcot will be the stars of the 50th... and that sure isn’t saying much. Would love to end up eating my words though lol.

jrhwdw

Let’s see if Sea World can paint a lighthouse better than Disney can paint a castle...

(Photo from clickorlando.com)

View attachment 540607
Do we....and TDO really need to be worried about how well SWO's Lighthouse gets painted?!?! TDO needs to focus on on getting Night Shows COVID Safe!! I know it can be done! SWO and USF has proved that since July 4th!

1 thing though, on RTV1's Stream tonight(at UOR, so CineCele was seen), it was said that Capacity was higher at UOR than WDW? Could that be the key to Night Shows returning? Raising Capacity??

TrainsOfDisney

Do we....and TDO really need to be worried about how well SWO's Lighthouse gets painted?!?! TDO needs to focus on on getting Night Shows COVID Safe!! I know it can be done! SWO and USF has proved that since July 4th!

1 thing though, on RTV1's Stream tonight(at UOR, so CineCele was seen), it was said that Capacity was higher at UOR than WDW? Could that be the key to Night Shows returning? Raising Capacity??
Sea World, Universal and Dollywood have all figured out how to do it. Just gotta get Mickey to open up his wallet!!

TTA94

This doesn’t make any sense. Vaccines are improving. I could see Summer being iffy, but October?

If this does end up being true that doesn’t look good for MNSSHP this year, and where would this leave Harmonious? I guess they could return nighttime shows in November for the Holidays.

HauntedMansionFLA

This doesn’t make any sense. Vaccines are improving. I could see Summer being iffy, but October?

If this does end up being true that doesn’t look good for MNSSHP this year, and where would this leave Harmonious? I guess they could return nighttime shows in November for the Holidays.
You have to see what happens with the vaccines in the next month. FEMA needs to set up sites all over with the single dose Johnson and Johnson to get things rolling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom