The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Bocabear

1615563718998.png

If you notice the spire on the right is more of a violet blue color than the newly painted ones on the right... Could just be the picture, but when the castle was painted pink all the blue roofs were painted a violet hued blue... I am glad to see the cleaner Royal blue going up...

Mike730

Last edited:

UNCgolf

I’m a science professor and, in general, agree. Unless you are in a program that directly leads to a job, you’re wasting your money.

I think there are numerous other benefits to attending college beyond just getting a degree that immediately leads into a job. My undergraduate degree didn't lead into a job and I still wouldn't trade the experience.

With that said, people don't need to spend $30k a year if it's not going to lead directly to employment.

UNCgolf

Is the new embellishment just molded plastic? That's what it looks like in the photo.

It would look a lot better if they actually put some kind of fabric.

SpectroMan93

From the site that shall not be named:
DA1DA072-C445-42A4-80B6-69C335EF8B57.jpeg

I’m not sure if it’s the lighting, but check out how dark the blue is on the turret in the foreground compared to the others. I really hope this is the final color. It contrasts much more nicely with the pink. Something tells me the powers-that-be probably weren’t digging the tints of purple.

yensidtlaw1969

Some people seem to be forgetting that the Cobalt-ish Blue went down first on the turrets, and then an iridescent coat went over that brought in the purple color shift element.

So far the turrets being painted this color doesn't *automatically* indicate they're changing the color scheme - it could very possibly be the first step in simply refreshing it by the exact same process as before.

That said, I certainly HOPE they've decided to reexamine the Castle's new color scheme. But the biggest issue by far is the Pink - not because Pink is an automatically bad color for a Castle (as DL and Paris disprove), but because THIS Castle isn't served by Pink and THIS Pink both clashes with the other colors on the Castle AND looks terrible from many angles in many lighting situations.

Using a color shift paint on the Curtain Walls was a real mistake, they should simply force the effect with Character Paint for a more consistent look. From some angles the Castle looks like it fell asleep in a Tanning Bed. I don't personally mind the color shift on the Turrets, though I think there are better color choices that could be made.

Last edited:

Mike730

Cinderella Castle was never pink (except for the 25th). That’s the problem. They each have their own identities, but apparently that’s been lost on the new WDI.
I Agree. I just feel that the pink can look good when paired with the correct blue, but IMO the blue they have chosen will always appear Fisher-Price.

yensid67

California has just as hot weather if not hotter...Disney used fabric for their decor!!!! IF it were MY company I would treat every park the same with the same decor and love for attention!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom