The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TTA94

I hope the front turrets get decorations as well. It’s not shown in the concept art though. Will look strange if they don’t.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Apparently unpopular opinion: I think Happily Ever After is fantastic, has the perfect amount of sensory load, is very appropriate for the MK castle, and I hope it gets a 50th tag at some point and that it lasts another decade.

I would go so far as to say it’s the best executed attraction at MK.

I just hope those ribbons (and the salmon) don’t mess up the projections.

SpectroMan93

Apparently unpopular opinion: I think Happily Ever After is fantastic, has the perfect amount of sensory load, is very appropriate for the MK castle, and I hope it gets a 50th tag at some point and that it lasts another decade.

I would go so far as to say it’s the best executed attraction at MK.

I just hope those ribbons (and the salmon) don’t mess up the projections.
Happily Ever After is only unpopular when discussed on these forums. The vast reaction from the general public has been high praise. As it should be. I could go on and on as to why I think HEA is one of, if not, the best fireworks show of all the Disney parks, but this is not the place lol. I hope it returns in time for the 50th, though with a tag or added fireworks for the celebration.

Interesting that they have gone fully plastic / fibre glass with the decor. Disneyland normally does actual fabric for the bunting and such. I assume due to Florida weather?
I can't imagine actual fabric bunting would look very appealing after 18 months of Florida rain and heat. And if there were to be a hurricane, the chance of it being torn apart. As much as I agree that I'm not a fan of the plastic-y look of the bunting, it's necessary to make it through a multi-year celebration.

ToTBellHop

Happily Ever After is only unpopular when discussed on these forums. The vast reaction from the general public has been high praise. As it should be. I could go on and on as to why I think HEA is one of, if not, the best fireworks show of all the Disney parks, but this is not the place lol. I hope it returns in time for the 50th, though with a tag or added fireworks for the celebration.

I can't imagine actual fabric bunting would look very appealing after 18 months of Florida rain and heat. And if there were to be a hurricane, the chance of it being torn apart. As much as I agree that I'm not a fan of the plastic-y look of the bunting, it's necessary to make it through a multi-year celebration.
HEA is, indeed, wildly popular. They tried calm and artistic (and sucky, IMHO) with RoL and failed. Thus all future shows will follow the HEA model as they assume calm and artistic was RoL’s problem, not that it was boring and the visuals didn’t work.

Beacon Joe

I had hoped that the 50th would be even half as awesome as Disneyland's 30th. But then I read this thread and this: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/50th-anniversary

Woo hoo, we're getting some light shows, more gold paint, and a delayed ride finally opening. Maybe two delayed rides if Tron ever gets built.

Come on, Chapek, you soulless robot. No Gift Giver Extraordinaire? We went on two trips to Disneyland in 1985. Every time I stepped through the gate, I was convinced I would win a new car. 😄 I did get a nice 30th sticker and my brother got a free ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom