The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Disney Analyst

I wonder if it was even a consideration pre covid for MK to get a new anniversary parade? @marni1971 ? If it wasn’t then sadly I can’t see them adding a parade to the plans now heading into post covid. Now If a parade was originally in the plans, maybe there’s still hope it just got pushed off instead of canceled, or they decided to go with a borrowed parade either late this year or 2022.

Based on the chat we’ve had around here over the last few years, I do not believe a parade was ever planned.

TTA94

It's not something I have in the rumor tracker. If an insider said it, I missed it.

Most likely a fan rumor.

My apologies, think your right.

Just looked at your list again to see where things stand. Hope we can get some more clarification on your list of rumors for MK, like the idea of FoF getting a new float of two, and the nighttime parade rumors that are still a question mark.

Giss Neric

Pretty sure Hocus Pocus will be back especially with Hocus Pocus 2 coming out.
When the Hocus Pocus show debuted in 2015 Halloween, a professional Bette Midler impersonator played Winifred. She was spot on and incredible as well as the the other two sisters. The understudies after that year were lackluster, maybe just cause I was able to witness the best version of the show.

Giss Neric

I’d rather Disneyland keep it lol. It’s a nice parade, but FOF is better.
Is the soundtrack of Magic Happens a big factor why you thought FOF was better? What if they changed the soundtrack suited for the 50th? I feel like the Magic Happens floats are more relevant and hip. I don't think they should bring the entire parade but maybe if they just bring the Moana, Coco and Frozen 2 floats for the 50th to add to the FOF parade.

TTA94

Is the soundtrack of Magic Happens a big factor why you thought FOF was better? What if they changed the soundtrack suited for the 50th? I feel like the Magic Happens floats are more relevant and hip. I don't think they should bring the entire parade but maybe if they just bring the Moana, Coco and Frozen 2 floats for the 50th to add to the FOF parade.

Magic Happens is a lot more fun than FoF and more characters that many of the little ones now a days are used to like Moana, Coco and Frozen. FoF lacks this and the decision they made last minute to just Anna and Elsa to the back turntable of the opening unit, rather than giving them their own float was a mistake. The Magic Happens soundtrack isn’t the greatest, but it is catchy and upbeat which everyone loves. The finale music is the best though and also gives a nod to Remember The Magic.

jrhwdw

If FoF doesn't return by Oct 1st they should just drive the dragon down the route & blow it up just like in 2018 but for a upcharge/desert party.
Good Greif!!!! If that' not Bad PR, IDK what is! MK needs FOF/HEA back safety ASAP! Not Bad PR!

TTA94

If FoF doesn't return by Oct 1st they should just drive the dragon down the route & blow it up just like in 2018 but for a upcharge/desert party.

In all seriousness I’m thinking if FoF isn’t back by Oct 1 we will get a cavalcade version of it. Total guess though. Kinda surprised that hasn’t happened yet to be honest, but I’m sure there’s a reason behind it? To big of a risk of drawing a crowd with Maleficent going down the street?

Squishy

In all seriousness I’m thinking if FoF isn’t back by Oct 1 we will get a cavalcade version of it. Total guess though. Kinda surprised that hasn’t happened yet to be honest, but I’m sure there’s a reason behind it? To big of a risk of drawing a crowd with Maleficent going down the street?
I doubt they'd want to send FoF out in chunks, seems like it would die down the hype around it returning in the future as a actual parade. They rather go the "Hey look, a new parade!" route.

jrhwdw

I doubt they'd want to send FoF out in chunks, seems like it would die down the hype around it returning in the future as a actual parade. They rather go the "Hey look, a new parade!" route.
I doubt that. While I loved MOUACT all day, we know the actual MOUACT Parade is better and MK needs to get back to that. Wasn't there talk of FOF testing in chunks? Or, did I dream that?

Stevek

So is the confidence level high that Harmonious and the Rat Ride will be open by December 1st 2021? We are strongly considering a trip. Any other stuff that should be open by then? I'm assuming Tron and Guardians will not. Any thoughts on the Very Merry Christmas parties?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So is the confidence level high that Harmonious and the Rat Ride will be open by December 1st 2021? We are strongly considering a trip. Any other stuff that should be open by then? I'm assuming Tron and Guardians will not. Any thoughts on the Very Merry Christmas parties?

The former two - Confidence is high. Rat could be open within the month. Humongous is apparently slated to be open before October 1.
The latter two - Confidence is high... for sometime mid-to-late 2022.

Party status is unknown. I know @MansionButler84 has mentioned Halloween parties are looking like a go, albeit modified. I suspect Christmas parties would be the same way.

jrhwdw

The former two - Confidence is high. Rat could be open within the month. Humongous is apparently slated to be open before October 1.
The latter two - Confidence is high... for sometime mid-to-late 2022.

Party status is unknown. I know @MansionButler84 has mentioned Halloween parties are looking like a go, albeit modified. I suspect Christmas parties would be the same way.
Meaning March 2021?
Unless the varients cause a massive delay MVMCP will be a go, I also think it’s highly likely MNSSHP is a go, but with a later (post Labor Day) start.
MNSSHP should start after Labor Day IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom