The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Brer Panther

The-Worlds-Most-Magical-Celebration_Full_50721.jpg
I can still see a "50".

WorldExplorer

I can't get over the fact that they went through the the effort to make the Mickey and Friends characters 50th outfits, and in the end you couldn't meet them in said outfits at any point through the entire anniversary.

Mickey was regularly available, Minnie was for like a month, Goofy and Mickey/Minnie and Pluto (really would like to know the logic behind those pairs) are the Visa cardholder specialty meet, but apparently you can only go in once per day (they won't tell you at the door which are currently meeting) and the grand majority aren't going to have that card anyway.

So if you go into Epcot multiple days, happen to have the special Disney credit card, and are very lucky, you can get half of them.

Seems like such a waste.

Last edited:

neo999955

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately, those are permanent scars. Magic Kingdom will carry them for life like the hideous pink makeup on the Castle. The Sephora clerk told the Castle it would make her look 10 years younger but she just looks plastic.

Sephora is no longer what it once was.
I personally do not mind the pink makeover, but I assume sometime after the 50th is officially over they'll announce the return to the traditional color scheme?

JohnD

I personally do not mind the pink makeover, but I assume sometime after the 50th is officially over they'll announce the return to the traditional color scheme?
I wouldn't assume that. The "50" covering the clock will be removed. I'm not necessarily sure that they'll repaint the castle again back to the white.

brb1006

I can't get over the fact that they went through the the effort to make the Mickey and Friends characters 50th outfits, and in the end you couldn't meet them in said outfits at any point through the entire anniversary.

Mickey was regularly available, Minnie was for like a month, Goofy and Mickey/Minnie and Pluto (really would like to know the logic behind those pairs) are the Visa cardholder specialty meet, but apparently you can only go in once per day (they won't tell you at the door which are currently meeting) and the grand majority aren't going to have that card anyway.

So if you go into Epcot multiple days, happen to have the special Disney credit card, and are very lucky, you can get half of them.

Seems like such a waste.
What a wasted opportunity this anniversary turned out.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom