The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

VJ

Is there any hope that with Iger's "triumphant return", it's internally acknowledged that the 50th was a flop and WDW may get a few more bones thrown it's way for the 100th?
disney will learn the opposite lesson - "what point is there in investing in walt disney world if people are just gonna hate what we put out anyway?"

DCBaker

Premium Member
First MB+ that’s tempted me… how much?

$44.99

999th Happy Haunt

$44.99

Sheesh, no thanks.

Designs aside, are these things really worth the ridiculous prices they put on them? To my understanding all you can do with them is play a phone based game in SWGE and wave at statues? And they light up to kinda sync up with some shows?

CntrlFlPete

Sheesh, no thanks.

Designs aside, are these things really worth the ridiculous prices they put on them? To my understanding all you can do with them is play a phone based game in SWGE and wave at statues? And they light up to kinda sync up with some shows?

yes, they do all that (if charged). The one thing I find interesting is that, when you tap into a park, the band lights up and vibrates BEFORE the Mikey head turns green. There are many times it lights up and stuff for reasons unknown to me, seems just sort of random at times.

ToTBellHop

They light up in most attractions. Beating heart in Haunted Mansion, the country flag colors in World Showcase, etc.

Kids love it. We bought one for each of our kids and just got the old one for us.

Keep in mind, to play the statue and SWGE game, you will need a new Disney account for each MB+ holder (kids included) and the way you activate that account is so complex that you’ll need to see a blue shirt. It’s stupid levels of complicated.

dreday3

They light up in most attractions. Beating heart in Haunted Mansion, the country flag colors in World Showcase, etc.

Kids love it. We bought one for each of our kids and just got the old one for us.

Keep in mind, to play the statue and SWGE game, you will need a new Disney account for each MB+ holder (kids included) and the way you activate that account is so complex that you’ll need to see a blue shirt. It’s stupid levels of complicated.

We've had our bands for a while now at home, I still can't figure out how to link to my android! 😂 I like to think I'm smart, the band is proving otherwise.

kamnasrivastava

Note: This is a continuation of the original 50th anniversary thread from 2015 available at https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/magic-kingdom-50th-anniversary-plans.900622/

VIDEO - Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary Celebration plans to be unveiled​

It was so good to see that they managed to turn it into the biggest event of the year even during the pandemic. :D

CntrlFlPete

We've had our bands for a while now at home, I still can't figure out how to link to my android! 😂 I like to think I'm smart, the band is proving otherwise.

Not sure if it helps but from what I recall of my andriod install, it failed at first and then seemed bricked. I realized it had established a blue tooth connection to the band during the first attempt. Once I deleted the blue tooth connection, I was able to complete the update/sync and such.

dreday3

Not sure if it helps but from what I recall of my andriod install, it failed at first and then seemed bricked. I realized it had established a blue tooth connection to the band during the first attempt. Once I deleted the blue tooth connection, I was able to complete the update/sync and such.

Thanks! I'm not sure if we tried that. We put back in their boxes until April. 😁

TTA94

Very anxious to see what ends up happen with the castle. The dream is for it to be restored to its original look, but the likely thing is they simply remove the decorations and keep the ugly pink color.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom