The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

DCBaker

Premium Member
There’s a new Cast Compliment portal on the app. I think it shows what the company really thinks about the way it manages the company. While it allows guests to compliment a LOT easier than before, you ALSO can’t enter a name or description.

What’s the point?!

This seems to be a way to allow managers to compete in a sort of “house cup” rather than actually discover the personalities of their individual cast members. It dehumanizes the cast and allows the managers to crack a pixie-dust whip at under-“complimented” places.

This is a perversion and monitization of the sacredness of a Cast Compliment. I imagine that this is really going to plunge the Cast Members into the dregs.

How insidious that they release this on the 50th without an announcement.

Update -

"Beginning today, it will be easier than ever to recognize the people who make magic for you during your visit, as you can now compliment individual cast members – by their first name and hometown – as part of new enhancements to Mobile Cast Compliment."

"When we first launched the Mobile Cast Compliment feature in the app last year, guests could compliment a group of cast in specific areas. Now, you can send recognition to individual cast members, something we know our guests want. It’s simple, too. After guests choose a positive sentiment from a drop-down menu, they can enter the cast member’s first name, hometown and date of interaction. So, make sure to spell the cast member’s first name and hometown correctly so the cast member will be alerted, along with their leader, and they can receive their personalized recognition! And if you didn’t catch a name, that’s okay, you can still share a compliment about the location or area where your magic happened!

To access Mobile Cast Compliment, search “Cast Compliment” in the My Disney Experience mobile app (you can also conveniently find it in a few other parts of the app, too)."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Update -

"Beginning today, it will be easier than ever to recognize the people who make magic for you during your visit, as you can now compliment individual cast members – by their first name and hometown – as part of new enhancements to Mobile Cast Compliment."

"When we first launched the Mobile Cast Compliment feature in the app last year, guests could compliment a group of cast in specific areas. Now, you can send recognition to individual cast members, something we know our guests want. It’s simple, too. After guests choose a positive sentiment from a drop-down menu, they can enter the cast member’s first name, hometown and date of interaction. So, make sure to spell the cast member’s first name and hometown correctly so the cast member will be alerted, along with their leader, and they can receive their personalized recognition! And if you didn’t catch a name, that’s okay, you can still share a compliment about the location or area where your magic happened!

To access Mobile Cast Compliment, search “Cast Compliment” in the My Disney Experience mobile app (you can also conveniently find it in a few other parts of the app, too)."

I actually emailed Disney with a complaint about not being able to acknowledge individual CMs.

VJ

Attractions Magazine just uploaded footage of Disneyland Paris' first look at their new anniversary fireworks show with drones.

And The Sensational Six's (seven counting Clarice) 30th Anniversary costumes.

When did Walt Disney World change its name to Disneyland Paris?

ToTBellHop

When did Walt Disney World change its name to Disneyland Paris?
It happened during the pandemic closure. Every new ride starting with Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be half in French. Groot will apparently speak entirely in French.

1644961457534.jpeg

Figments Friend

So I'm surprised nobody has posted about this here yet.....

ShopDisney.com is now selling medium sized reproductions of a few of the 'Golden Statues'.
There are several already up for sale, at $100 a pop.
Simba, Tinkerbell, Figment, and Woody are among those availible thus far.
I knew they would end up offering repros at some point....

A friend tipped me off last week, and I ordered one of the 'Golden' Figment statues.
I'm told the quality is decent, and these are heavy in weight.
We shall see....mine arrives in the mail later this week.

Thought I'd give a heads up for those interested.

-

Andy Whitfield

So I'm surprised nobody has posted about this here yet.....

ShopDisney.com is now selling medium sized reproductions of a few of the 'Golden Statues'.
There are several already up for sale, at $100 a pop.
Simba, Tinkerbell, Figment, and Woody are among those availible thus far.
I knew they would end up offering repros at some point....

A friend tipped me off last week, and I ordered one of the 'Golden' Figment statues.
I'm told the quality is decent, and these are heavy in weight.
We shall see....mine arrives in the mail later this week.

Thought I'd give a heads up for those interested.

-
They are in the park shops also

Figments Friend

Yeah!

I want an 'Orange Bird' one, dang it!
😋

I mean seriously....
It's all that really matters now since this '50th Anniversary' celebration has been primarily focused on just selling merch and little else at this point.
Still grumpy about absolutely zilch being done on October 1st

But hey!
Just open those wallets, kids.
Gotta collect em' all!
Bob ( and the shareholders ) are countin' on ya!

-

gerarar

Premium Member
Seems like Disney stole a 3D model of the tiki drummer from an artist for their 50th anniversary limited edition figurines.

The artist goes into detail in the following video and explains how another freelancer contracted by Disney may have simply stole his work and passed it off as their own:

The tiktok has been making rounds, gathering about 3m views already; regardless a bad look for the Mouse..

Figments Friend

This isn't the first time this has happened over the years.
I can think of three recent 'stolen fan art' incidents that caused quite a hubbub.

Images were swiped and used for merchandise, as well as Park decor.
In one case, related merchandise was pulled immediately after only barely a day of release if am remembering correctly.

-

gerarar

Premium Member
This isn't the first time this has happened over the years.
I can think of three recent 'stolen fan art' incidents that caused quite a hubbub.

Images were swiped and used for merchandise, as well as Park decor.
In one case, related merchandise was pulled immediately after only barely a day of release if am remembering correctly.

-
Yep, the most recent one I can think of off the tip of my head was the ToT blueprints used for a t-shirt.

Figments Friend

Indeed.

I feel bad for this guy who had his sculpture design swiped, but he kind of made it all too easy for them to do so by publically sharing his scanned figures' sculpt pattern freely via that file sharing webpage.

As an artist myself, I know better then to openly and publically post high res images or other detailed documents to prevent such swiping.
Learned years ago not to do this....as once one of my designs ended up gracing a 'bootleg' CD ( non-Disney related )
😑

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom