The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LOL. Ticket has long been paid for. If it means anything, this is not a park commando day for me. I have a Boma breakfast and MAY hop into Epcot or could just take a nap. It’s my last hurrah before driving home Wed.
So this isn’t the part where I point out you paid a 25% surcharge to avoid the crowds during the day when the crowds aren’t there during the day?

…”I am serious…and don’t call me Shirley”

mattpeto

I love the internet.

Half the people are complaining that Disney barely did anything for the 50th.
Half the people are complaining that Disney even celebrated at all because there is a pandemic.

Never change humanity, never change! :D
Handed out single day exclusives (posters, maps) and gave everyone free PhotoPass.

Debuted a new fireworks spectacular, calvacade, etc. (look I can’t wait until parades return too).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Huh. I've never imagined anyone coming here (Atlanta) as a tourist -- what are you even planning to do?
Those whale sharks are pretty cool
Where you really expecting much more? Disney got what they wanted. $$$$$
I would argue they didn’t. Reaction wasn’t good on SM and they don’t appear to be raking the gaudy revenues right now I’m sure they have promised their masters

Chi84

Premium Member
I love the internet.

Half the people are complaining that Disney even celebrated at all because there is a pandemic.

Yes, but here they're on different threads (for the most part).

runnsally

I love the internet.

I think we should expect a lot more creativity out of WDW - can enhance the 50th offerings while keeping the pandemic in mind. Not mutually exclusive.

Jrb1979

Those whale sharks are pretty cool

I would argue they didn’t. Reaction wasn’t good on SM and they don’t appear to be raking the gaudy revenues right now I’m sure they have promised their masters
I agree with what you are saying. As far as yesterday goes, having people buy merchandise over riding rides is everything they wanted. They wish it could be like that everyday

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I hope we never lose Bob Chapek. I can’t wait for his next pick for ceo. Hopefully it’s Cob Bhapeck
61AA4C4C-B54F-4457-A1B9-300F5250F2FF.jpeg

He'll get the "fans of Dreamfinder" votes to carry him to victory.

Last edited:

mightynine

Anyone interested in a WDW 50th Anniversary Box? Available for the low low price of $500 - no fights with other humans required!

ETA: They probably missed a trick making a shirt out of that license plate design. Put it on a heather green t-shirt and I'd be giving you some of my green, Mr. TWDC sir!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom