The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Figments Friend

As the WDW 50th anniversary celebration nears, i wonder that many people will wearing Disneyland 50th anniversary ears from 2005 and even the DL "Hidden Mickey" 50th anniversary logo will come back to used after more than 16 years.View attachment 589994

View attachment 589993 Many of these merchandise are sold out online because of memories have with Disneyland 50th.

I have the 2005 Walt Disney World branded 'golden ears'.
Was considering wearing them on October 1st in the Park, but I'm not really a mouse ears wearing kinda Park goer.
I sunburn too easily and need wide brimmed hats.

I am however currently wearing my jewel encrusted '50th' pin of the logo shown above on said wide brimmed hat....among others.

:)

-

Chomama

I’m excited for the Vault Collection. They really need to understand the nostalgia and classic things play better (and sell better) with a lot of us than the 5 millionth spirit jersey, overpriced ears, etc. They have a lot of history and great parks characters to work with. Utilize them!

BTW— Where did all of the artwork and such go in Magic Kingdom now that the Cinema is all Vault stuff?
We waited about 15 mins (line past confectionery) tonight to go in. It’s a relatively small area. Some of the items were definite hits and some bug misses. We did grab the park map placemats and a couple of tshirts. Sadly not a bug seextion for women’s shirts. More unisex but they run huge! I heard there will be more as the year goes on but we weren’t overwhelmed. The vehicles charm bracelet is great though. I may go back to grab that if the line isn’t too long.

wtyy21

Someone lived from West Coast were confused when they searching "Where was Disneyland's 50th Anniversary?" in Google and the result is not "Sunday, July, 17, 2005" as they intended, instead the search result is "Friday, October 1, 2021" while other Disneyland anniversaries have a correct date. Looks like Google mistaking the date of Disneyland 50th birthday with Disney World.

SorcererDonald16

We waited about 15 mins (line past confectionery) tonight to go in. It’s a relatively small area. Some of the items were definite hits and some bug misses. We did grab the park map placemats and a couple of tshirts. Sadly not a bug seextion for women’s shirts. More unisex but they run huge! I heard there will be more as the year goes on but we weren’t overwhelmed. The vehicles charm bracelet is great though. I may go back to grab that if the line isn’t too long.

The bracelet is a must for me too, along with the bell, placemats, and some of the Preview Center merchandise. I’m glad you were impressed by the bracelet! I couldn’t tell from pictures if it was okay quality or not.

I am annoyed by them making so many unisex styles, and glad I’m not the only one! It’s bad enough to usually have to pay more for a ladies’ cut shirt, but that beats paying them for t-shirts that look more like nightgowns on me. :cry: I don’t want to buy a bunch of shirts for the 50th, but I would like 2 or 3, and it would be nice to have more options as a woman who usually looks absolutely awful in anything unisex. I don’t mind loose clothing, but I also don’t want to look like I’m wearing a tent!

castlecake2.0

At MK tonight, seems as though every single person here is in the hub waiting for HEA. Nothing unexpected, but based on the amount of people in the Emporium and Main Street Theatre, I think Friday may be even more of a madhouse than I expected. A CM @ GR said they’re working a 16 hour shift Friday, crazy! Lol One thing I will say is these blue button down shirts they have cast wearing in the emporium is quite jarring. And I feel like someone mentioned a few weeks ago they have cast from other attractions in their costumes doing PAC on the hub?
Blue button downs are Coordinators of Training. They’re mostly an office role but when things get crazy they’ll come out and help. And yes you’ll see cast be deployed from their lands to help in the hub closer to fireworks for audience control. This was how it was done for many years actually until the PAC team grew larger. They should only be in the central hub area though and not further down Main Street.

BaymaxFan

The bracelet is a must for me too, along with the bell, placemats, and some of the Preview Center merchandise. I’m glad you were impressed by the bracelet! I couldn’t tell from pictures if it was okay quality or not.

I am annoyed by them making so many unisex styles, and glad I’m not the only one! It’s bad enough to usually have to pay more for a ladies’ cut shirt, but that beats paying them for t-shirts that look more like nightgowns on me. :cry: I don’t want to buy a bunch of shirts for the 50th, but I would like 2 or 3, and it would be nice to have more options as a woman who usually looks absolutely awful in anything unisex. I don’t mind loose clothing, but I also don’t want to look like I’m wearing a tent!
I'm a guy and feel the same way. I hate shirts with really loose necks and men's shirts are usually tighter in that area but the unisex shirts aren't always. They also feel thinner for whatever reason.

Figments Friend

These were on as we left MK tonight and they look great! When we got to TTC about ten monorail CMs were out in the dark laughing and grabbing photos. You could tell they were proud and excited. It was great!

Loving the Monorail undercarriage 'beam lighting'.
Mono Red passed over me on my way out of the Park last night and I had to do a double take.
Looked cool in person, and I imagine this will visually help identify the different trains from a distance in the dark.

Looking forward to seeing the other Monorails with this effect.

-

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Glowing lights added to Walt Disney World monorails for the 50th anniversary​

Monorail_Full_44506.jpg

mgf

I hope someone can catch a photo/video of the lighting when a monorail is on a darker part of the beam. This looks really cool!

Given how much they are playing with light these days, it gives me some hope that the lighting capabilities of the WEDWay/TTA will be put to use once the Tron canopy is flipped on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom