The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Figments Friend

Just a theory, but perhaps the reason we haven't heard much about the specific details realted to the 50th day-of goods is an attempt to keep the hoards of eBay 'flippers" at bay?
Disney keeping a lid on it until the 'Big Day' to have it be a nice surprise for those in the Park on the 1st?

I know...I know...probably not, but I have to admit the thought did cross my mind more then once.
Would make it seem more 'special' and would be a easy surprise.

And yes, there is 'more' coming!
The things shown thus far merchandise wise is just the tip of the onslaught.
And I have full confidence some fun things will be offered on October 1st only.

All part of the party....

-

A week after dedicating the Mickey and Minnie statues to Cast Members saying they are the "Heart of the magic" Disney has apparently today once again shown its true colours removing Cast Member discounts from newly released Merchandise. I've heard a few people say the first part today about the Vault collection, but have only heard about the second point from this one post.
View attachment 589806
Some more details on this:

According to Disney, it is due to their inventory shortages and will apply to the following collections indefinitely, though Disney does say they "Hope to be able to reinstate the Cast discount on these products at a later date when we are in a better inventory position":

• 50th Anniversary Vault Collection
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration Collection
  • 50th Anniversary Resorts Collection (At Polynesian, Contemporary and Fort Wilderness)
  • Ratatouille Opening Day Collection
  • EARidescent Color Story Collection (When it launches in October)
  • LUXE Logo Collection (When it launches in November)

Nmoody1

Behind-the-scenes video of the upcoming special -

Anyone else notice how on the end CGI image the MK has trees galore either side of the castle?

What a 50th gift that would be..... trees again!

Also.... did they say a 50 piece orchestra? 50? Did someone say 50?

50!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Inside the Main Street Cinema as the home of the new 50th anniversary Walt Disney World Vault Collection​

Main-Street-Cinema-The-Art-of-Disney_Full_44436.jpg

ToTBellHop

kevlightyear

pdude81

Inside the Main Street Cinema as the home of the new 50th anniversary Walt Disney World Vault Collection​

Main-Street-Cinema-The-Art-of-Disney_Full_44436.jpg
This is cool. I actually spoke with Josh D'Amaro briefly in April about how there is no Mr. Toad merch or shirts available anywhere in WDW (he actually asked me about the Mr. Toad shirt I was wearing). It (was) frustrating to me that for any real retro stuff you had to go another route. I'll gladly buy one of those retro yellow shirts if they still have any next time I'm in the World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom