The Wonderful World of Disney

DisneyMemories

Original Poster
Lately with most of the junk on tv i've been wondering what happened to the classic Disney shows and programs we grew up with that were clean and enjoyable. I love the old Disney shows and movies they played on Disney channel "Vault Disney" such as Zorro,Davey Crockett (Fess Parker) and the other disney movies they played. The Disney channel of today is boring there's no old time disney feel to it. I was also wondering whatever happened to the Wonderful world of disney that Esiner would host on sunday nights? Hearing the disney theame playing on Tv gets one all excitied inside. TV for me lately has not been all that interesting to watch,such shows on most stations make me want to turn off the cable and rent or buy movies. I really miss seeing old episodes with Uncle Walt. It would not hurt the travel channel and others to come up with new Disney theamed specials either. Thanks for reading and allowing me to vent a bit, guess I need to start building my classic Disney video/CD libreary soon. Have a great day.

DME

I totally agree with you. That's why I taped everything I could get my hands on. I've got just about all the Walt Disney Presents, every single Disney movie, and all the tv specials, Mickey Mouse Clubs, Davy Crockett's, Andy Burnett, Swamp Fox, Disney Afternoon cartoons, etc.....

Didn't think Disney would keep airing them on tv forever.

mkepcotmgmak

do you realize how smart it would be for disney to start airing the old cartoons on the disney channel again?

i was raised on watching the old silly symphonies and fab five cartoons. my favorites are still the wacky bird and donald, HUMPHREY THE BEAR with the park ranger and such.

i feel if they would show these, that kids would be re-acquainted with the disney characters more than they are now... if i hadn't watched those all the time, i wouldn't feel as strong about mickey and the gang as i do now... (probably...) :cool:

Pioneer Hall

I used to watch the Vault Disney shows all the time, and was very upset to see them go. The crusade for that is long over though and most have accepted the realization that the shows are gone and lost forever.

DME

Wish I had a home movie theater. I'd have showings for Disney friends to watch all the old stuff together.

figmentfan

It is weird that this post came up............

My father and I were discussing about "Vault Disney" and the old shows they had on the Disney Channel. I used to watch Wonderful World of Color, old Disney cartoons, and LOVE the Disney Afternoon cartoons: Duck Tales, Chip/Dale Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, and so forth.

My Dad e-mailed the Disney Channel about this topic, and we got a reply back:

"These shows are not in our line-up at this time, please still enjoy watching the Disney Channel."

The e-mail did NOT say anything about forwarding the comments or discussing why these programs were not airing. Disney gave us the run-around. If you look on the D-Channel at 3:00 or 4:00am, there are kid shows on. Why? Are kids up that late? Even the Game Show Network shows "Old" Game shows around that time of night/morning.

stitchlvr

ABC did have Eisner hosting the 5 part Little House on the Prairie mini-series on Saturday nights a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed that series, but I totally agree that they need to bring back the real classics. I just don't understand the concept of playing That's So Raven or Lizzie McGuire at 2 am! I'm a total night owl and I used to love watching Vault Disney.

Sledge

Account Suspended
One of the only good shows left on Disney is House of Mouse. I usually see it on pretty late and always watch it. :)

General Grizz

Vault Disney was classic. How more Disneyesque can you get than listening to Walt describing the wonders of art, science, literature, and the characters and attractions we've learned to love? It's great for children, but more importantly: Families!

Walt was kicked off the Disney Channel and replaced with reruns of episodes of teenage/kid-targeted shows, already seen throughout the day. I guess it's all in the "image marketing." But if they dislike showing Disney, well, why do they work for the Company? How much would it hurt to have these shows during the evening hours?

I only wish those who did so well at Disneyland this year could have some control over other areas. We miss you, Walt!

mkepcotmgmak

General Grizz said:
Vault Disney was classic. How more Disneyesque can you get than listening to Walt describing the wonders of art, science, literature, and the characters and attractions we've learned to love? It's great for children, but more importantly: Families!

Walt was kicked off the Disney Channel and replaced with reruns of episodes of teenage/kid-targeted shows, already seen throughout the day. I guess it's all in the "image marketing." But if they dislike showing Disney, well, why do they work for the Company? How much would it hurt to have these shows during the evening hours?

I only wish those who did so well at Disneyland this year could have some control over other areas. We miss you, Walt!

"The world is a caroussel of color, wonderful, wonderful color!!!"
Walt Disney's, Disneyland!

Woody13

mkepcotmgmak said:
"The world is a caroussel of color, wonderful, wonderful color!!!"
Walt Disney's, Disneyland!
The world is a carousel of color, wonderful, wonderful color.

The world is a carousel of color, history, comedy, fantasy,

There's drama and mirth, there's old Mother Earth

With all of her secrets to see.

The world is a treasure-trove of faces, fabulous, faraway places

The hopes and the fears, the joys and the tears

Of people like you and like me. the kingdoms of magic science,

The glorious story of art, the world of romance,

Of music and dance, this world where we each play a part.

The miracle of imagination, the marvels of earth, sea and sky,

These wonders untold are ours to behold

In the funny world, the sunny world,

The wonderful world of color.

TheSuperTom

I agree, I miss those old disney shows. I remember being a kid and renting vhs tapes of the live action shows and watching the cartoons every weekday afternoon. BRING BACK THE CLASSICS!

Rora

I'm glad others miss the vault Disney shows as much as I do. I was/am seriously bitter when they took off Zorro. I grew up watching it with my dad, and it brought back wonderful memories. And I liked having it be the last thing I watched each night. Why does Lizzie McGuire have to be on at 2am? Who's even watching it? If there are adults watching it methinks they need therapy.

I agree with you guys completely in saying bring back the old Disney cartoons. I remember growing up watching the classic cartoons featuring Mickey, Donald, Goofy...etc. I still have several tapes of them recorded off of the Disney Channel (or at least I hope I do.)

Honestly, to me, the Disney channel has just gone down the tubes completely. The last time I ever saw classic Disney cartoons on the Disney Channel was about 6 years ago, and they were on entirely too early. I'm not saying the Disney Channel is necessarily bad, but it absoulutely cannot compare to what it was 10-15 years ago, when they didn't focus completely on a pre-teen audience. I was wathing the other day cuz Monsters Inc. was on (the only times I ever watch anymore is when they're showing their feature films), and the types of shows they have on now make me want to vomit all over the people in charge of programming......then :cry:. The cartoons especially. Disney, to me, has always been an example of quality animated entertainment, and I'm horrified at the fact that they've lowered themselves to producing the kind of generic crap that you would see on other channels. I would expect this kind of thing from the FOX network, but not from the studio that at one point was one of the major leading forces in animation (I have a similar issue with Warner Bros., since the old Bugs Bunny cartoons have also seemed to dissappear.)

*sigh* All I can say is that sometimes I wish the Walt being frozen rumors were true. That way, we could someday bring him back and he could make everything right again. I feel like younger kids today are really missing out. :(

Sorry for ranting like this, it's just something I take major issue with as a future animator. I just want the Disney Channel I knew and loved to come back. :cry:

stitch321

Does anyone here have any of these shows and cartoons on tape or DVD. I have a ton of shows that I have burned to DVD and would love to trade if anyone is interested.

:)

tracyandalex

House of mouse is the only show that shows old stlye disney cartoons. i used to watch winnie the pooh in the morning :( the new one is good, but it's just not the same

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom