Trip Report ** COMPLETED** The Wine and Dine and Halloween Time (in August) Trip Report

Hey guys! Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth for a few weeks. Its taking me a little bit longer to recover from my eye surgery than I would have liked so I still have a hard time seeing my computer screen (plus I actually had to go back to full time work :):joyfull:). Anyway, I am going to *slowly* work on my TR! Also half my pictures may or may not be blurry and I still couldn't tell you :p

Who?
The usual cast...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

When?
August 29-September 3, 2017

Where?
The Polynesian - Club Level (thanks to a very last minute discount I happened to find after stalking the website for months)

Why?
This trip was planned before our other summer trips :) We wanted to go to Disney right before I started back to work plus thanks to things happening earlier than ever it gave us the opportunity to experience Halloween and Food and Wine :)

Day 1 August 29, 2017
This morning we got up fairly early and got ready for the airport. Unlike our last trip my Mom did not have to work this day so we got an extra full day in the World :)
I was still (am still...) recovering from my eye surgery 3 days prior so I could not wear makeup yet. Get used to seeing my very light sensitive squinty eyes as well :joyfull::p
DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

We got to the airport, got our bags checked and got through security very quickly so we headed to get some breakfast. Bagel time :)
DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

My Mom took the time to take this lovely picture of me experiencing some residual eye pain :p
file-4.jpg

We usually get fountain pop with our breakfast but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Tim Hortons instead. The worker insisted I try White Hot Chocolate...it was OK but not great :) My Mom got some iced tea
DSC_6057.jpg
DSC_6058.jpg

While waiting for our flight to board there was a girl sitting across from us who was SO nervous and asked me if she had time to go to the bathroom before we boarded....mind you we were boarding in 25 minutes :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, soon enough it was time to board our plane :)
Orange Magic Bands for the win! We choose orange for Halloween :)
DSC_6062.jpg

The gang was ready to fly
DSC_6065.jpg

Next up: we land!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Some random Mexico pictures
DSC_6724.jpg

DSC_6725.jpg

The day had started off a bit cooler but once the sun came out the heat ramped up fast. I knew there wasn't much my Mom wanted to eat at Food and Wine so I picked one more new thing to try before we headed back to the Polynesian to get some lunch for her. On our way to the next booth I heard someone call my name and looked up and saw it was @blgauger again :) I knew she was there obviously but it still threw me off to have someone know me in Disney :)
Anyway my final stop was India. I got the Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips
DSC_6726.jpg

Yum yum yum! I am a sucker for bread and dips and I loved it. My Mom even tried some :)
Anyway it was super hot at this point so we were ready to head out!
Another glorious picture my Mom took....squinty squinty eyes
DSC_6728.jpg

Back at the Poly we got some chicken nuggets and a cupcake to go from Capt. Cooks then brought it back to the lounge to eat. It was dead in the lounge so it was a lot nicer than the chaos of Capt. Cooks. The lounge really spoils you!
After sharing some lunch we relaxed in the room a bit then headed to the pool. I got rather bold this day and just straight up went in the pool...just not under water...but even took my goggles off :eek: Don't tell my doctor :hilarious:
DSCF2430.JPG
DSCF2431.JPG

DSCF2432.JPG

DSCF2434.JPG

DSCF2436.JPG

I wish I got a picture of the ducks swimming in the pool but I only got a few of them walking around :)

Next up: evening in Epcot!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
It started to rain while we were down at the pool but we stayed there anyway because it felt good to cool off :joyfull: After finally leaving we got dressed and headed to the lounge for appetizers. We are never around for appetizers so it was nice that we could check it out. It was very crowded in there and truthfully there wasn't much we were into anyway. I was looking for the sticky wings but I think they are usually on a different day based on the online menu. I tried some roast beef thing that was OK but mostly we just ate some cheese before heading out :)
Rainy skies in Epcot
DSC_6736.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404646418210.JPG

We headed over to Figment first
DSC_6737.jpg

It started pouring while we were in Figment so we slowly made our way over to The Seas (because we forgot our "smart shoes" :joyfull:).
We did ride The Seas but my pictures are terrible so I will spare you. Next up we decided to do Turtle Talk!
DSC_6746.jpg

We had a bit of a wait so we thought maybe it was down but eventually we got to go in!
DSC_6748.jpg
DSC_6750.jpg
DSC_6752.jpg

I love Turtle Talk! I think its so funny when kids ask silly questions :)
We decided to pick up a reservation for dinner instead of doing Food and Wine and I'm glad we did because it was pouring outside!
We headed to The Land to check in for dinner at .... the Garden Grill!
DSC_6754.jpg

Funny how we keep saying we are over character meals and yet we keep doing them :joyfull:
We had a very short wait for our table
DSC_6758.jpg

I have no idea why my Mom is making this face :joyfull:
DSC_6759.jpg

Next up: More Garden Grill

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Random moon picture (from Living with the Land) and I just realized you could see the table number (I'm assuming thats a table number...).
DSC_6761.jpg

Yummy salad!
DSC_6763.jpg

Rolls - I love these rolls for some reason (probably because I love bread haha)
DSC_6765.jpg

Turkey, veggies, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pot roast, and sausage (we didn't eat that because we don't like sausage :joyfull:)
DSC_6768.jpg

I know lately people have been having some trouble with the food and the service but our food was amazing (especially the pot roast) and our waiter was great and very attentive!
Mac and cheese and fries! (oh and you can see the potato salad in the background).
DSC_6769.jpg

Yum I love Mac and Cheese! The fries were really good even though I'm still bummed about the lack of sweet potato fries!
Actual potato salad picture.
DSC_6764.jpg

Mickey was up first! I wrote down that his hands were shaky...so that was odd I guess :rolleyes:
DSC_6771.jpg
DSC_6772.jpg

DSC_6774.jpg

Then came Pluto!
DSC_6775.jpg

Next up: more Garden Grill

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We wanted this PP picture but there was no PP CM so we just took our own pictures
DSC_6788.jpg
DSC_6789.jpg

DSC_6791.jpg

DSC_6792.jpg

DSC_6793.jpg

Spaceship Earth had no wait so we decided to hop on for one last ride (for the trip)
DSC_6794.jpg

Then one last PP picture!
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_404651457032.JPG

We headed back to the Poly and watched HEE as we were walking and then from the lounge. I took a picture of my milk because I was like a small child and needed to have a glass of milk every night :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_6795.jpg

Next up: last day :cry:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 - September 3, 2017
This morning we got up, finished packing, checked in our luggage, ate a lounge breakfast and checked in our carry ons! - phew that sounds like a lot but it all went very quickly and before we knew it we were off to the MK!
We walked in just as the opening show was going on so we headed right towards POTC
Well, actually maybe we got this (terrible...not even centered) PP picture first
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404657769753.JPG

DSC_6801.jpg

My Mom and I really made sure we made a good face for the ride picture...but then it didn't show up :(
Next up was BTMR!
DSC_6804.jpg

DSC_6805.jpg

We walked by Splash and realized it was closed...was probably closed the entire time :joyfull:
DSC_6808.jpg

Next up was Aladdin!
DSC_6810.jpg
DSC_6812.jpg

We headed over to Tomorrowland but we first stopped for a PP picture :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404659864003.JPG

DSC_6817.jpg

Our first FP of the day was for Buzz
DSC_6818.jpg

Next up: more MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
I was blind as a bat but still somehow won on Buzz :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8093171872.jpeg

Next up we sauntered over to the Peoplemover
DSC_6820.jpg
DSC_6821.jpg

IASW was next :)
DSC_6830.jpg

We checked out Memento Mori briefly after this to look for a HM phone case for my sister but we weren't feeling any of them. So, then we went to the Tangled Restrooms :)
DSC_6832.jpg

DSC_6833.jpg

We had some time before our next FP so we headed to Philharmagic
DSC_6834.jpg

After Philharmagic it was finally time for our next FP - my personal favorite - Space Mountain!
DSC_6836.jpg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8093225748.jpeg

After SM we headed to a classic - Carousel of Progress
DSC_6841.jpg

It was a little bit disastrous. We got stuck in the first room for THREE cycles because people would not sit down. We literally heard over the loud speaker "we have another one!!!! :p" I mean, that part was funny. And, if I had to choose a place to be stuck I guess the first room is the best because you don't have to listen to the scenes over and over.

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
This is actually a bit out of order but at some point we stopped for a popcorn snack and to take a picture of my Mom with her Dumbo shirt
DSC_6824.jpg

DSC_6826.jpg

DSC_6829.jpg

Our last FP for the morning was Dumbo (which, if you were keeping track, also happened to be attraction 10 for the morning!)
DSC_6850.jpg

DSC_6851.jpg

We had lunch reservations after this so we headed to BOG and checked in :) We pre-ordered so we got our yellow flower and skipped a very long line of non-preorders :)
This picture of my Mom is so blurry...whoops
DSC_6853.jpg
DSC_6854.jpg

My eyes must have been really killer because I have no pictures of our food. We shared a turkey sandwich and each had our own French onion soups. Yummy!
On the way out we took some pictures :)
DSC_6855.jpg

:joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_6856.jpg

Next up: leaving :(

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Sadly we had to head out of the park after this :(
Some last pictures
DSC_6859.jpg

DSC_6860.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404668367569.JPG

We were so bummed that our summer of bliss was over :cry::cry:
DSC_6861.jpg
DSC_6862.jpg

DSC_6863.jpg

Back at the Poly we had time for my Mom to grab a cupcake and for one last chip snack for me in the lounge :joyfull:
DSC_6864.jpg

Sadly then we had to grab our carry on and wait for the Tragical Express
DSC_6866.jpg
DSC_6867.jpg

Our trip to the airport, through the airport and home was uneventful and just like that our summer of fun was over and I had to go back to the real world :cry:

PS We loved loved loved staying Club Level at the Polynesian again and I'm sure it will be a long time before we get to do it again. My Mom did say, however, that we eat way more when we do Club Level because of how easy it is to snack :joyfull:

Next up: we leave 3 weeks from today!

riverside

Premium Member
Day 6 continued
Sadly we had to head out of the park after this :(
Some last pictures
View attachment 240242
View attachment 240243
View attachment 240250
We were so bummed that our summer of bliss was over :cry::cry:
View attachment 240244 View attachment 240245
View attachment 240246
Back at the Poly we had time for my Mom to grab a cupcake and for one last chip snack for me in the lounge :joyfull:
View attachment 240247
Sadly then we had to grab our carry on and wait for the Tragical Express
View attachment 240248 View attachment 240249
Our trip to the airport, through the airport and home was uneventful and just like that our summer of fun was over and I had to go back to the real world :cry:

PS We loved loved loved staying Club Level at the Polynesian again and I'm sure it will be a long time before we get to do it again. My Mom did say, however, that we eat way more when we do Club Level because of how easy it is to snack :joyfull:

Next up: we leave 3 weeks from today!
3 weeks from today!! Can’t wait to hear all about it!!

LisaBelle

I've been away from TRs for too long! Finally had a chance to start catching up. As always I loved hearing about all the fun you and your mom have at Disney. Creme brûlée! My favorite. Both kinds looked delicious! Super jealous that you got to meet up with @blgauger! You are so lucky to be heading back in under 3 weeks. Both MNSSHP and MVMCP are on my Disney Bucket List. Until then, I will continue to enjoy your reports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom