Trip Report ** COMPLETED** The Wine and Dine and Halloween Time (in August) Trip Report

Hey guys! Sorry for falling off the face of the Earth for a few weeks. Its taking me a little bit longer to recover from my eye surgery than I would have liked so I still have a hard time seeing my computer screen (plus I actually had to go back to full time work :):joyfull:). Anyway, I am going to *slowly* work on my TR! Also half my pictures may or may not be blurry and I still couldn't tell you :p

Who?
The usual cast...my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

When?
August 29-September 3, 2017

Where?
The Polynesian - Club Level (thanks to a very last minute discount I happened to find after stalking the website for months)

Why?
This trip was planned before our other summer trips :) We wanted to go to Disney right before I started back to work plus thanks to things happening earlier than ever it gave us the opportunity to experience Halloween and Food and Wine :)

Day 1 August 29, 2017
This morning we got up fairly early and got ready for the airport. Unlike our last trip my Mom did not have to work this day so we got an extra full day in the World :)
I was still (am still...) recovering from my eye surgery 3 days prior so I could not wear makeup yet. Get used to seeing my very light sensitive squinty eyes as well :joyfull::p
DSC_6050.jpg

DSC_6051.jpg

We got to the airport, got our bags checked and got through security very quickly so we headed to get some breakfast. Bagel time :)
DSC_6054.jpg

DSC_6056.jpg

My Mom took the time to take this lovely picture of me experiencing some residual eye pain :p
file-4.jpg

We usually get fountain pop with our breakfast but their machine wasn't working so we headed to Tim Hortons instead. The worker insisted I try White Hot Chocolate...it was OK but not great :) My Mom got some iced tea
DSC_6057.jpg
DSC_6058.jpg

While waiting for our flight to board there was a girl sitting across from us who was SO nervous and asked me if she had time to go to the bathroom before we boarded....mind you we were boarding in 25 minutes :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway, soon enough it was time to board our plane :)
Orange Magic Bands for the win! We choose orange for Halloween :)
DSC_6062.jpg

The gang was ready to fly
DSC_6065.jpg

Next up: we land!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 1 continued
After a short flight we landed in MCO!
I spy Pandora advertisements :)
DSC_6068.jpg

Fonorail time!
DSC_6069.jpg

We thought maybe we would switch it up and take my Mom's picture with Mickey
DSC_6075.jpg

But then we felt weird about it....
DSC_6077.jpg

My Mom was pretending to have gum on her shoe like Goofy :hilarious:
DSC_6078.jpg

Continuing along the theme of terrible pictures of me....here is a delightful picture of me putting in one of my many eye drops :joyfull::joyfull: Thanks Mom ! :angelic:
DSC_6081.jpg

We had a short wait for the DME!
DSC_6083.jpg

DME selfie :)
IMG_4768.JPG

Since I couldn't see I let my Mom sit by the window and take a picture of the opening sign. We were pretty far back on the bus so I thought she did pretty decent :)
DSC_6089.jpg

Next up: arriving at the Poly

becca_

Yay!! Finally catching up on the forums (been a busy first few weeks of the semester - 3 exams this week :mad:) and I'm so glad I came across this!!

12in12

I'm in! I am sorry your eyes still haven't healed but hope it will happen soon.
You look great without make-up and so far none of the pictures are blurry. :)

*Flynnderella*

I'm in!! :) I keep meaning to ask and I'm sure you've written this before but what is the reason for you having your pics taken at the beginning of each trip with your holiday dates on?

Can't wait to read more!! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom