The week before Christmas

erstwo

I'm lucky enough to have a birthday near Christmas. :) I've always wanted to attend a MVMCP near my birthday but this year it looks like the last party is on December 19. Is that because they start running the holiday parade for regular park guests on December 20?
Would it be better to attend the December 19 party or attend on December 20 as a regular park day guest? I'm assuming crowds will be smaller at the party? Thoughts?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The last party will likely sell out, so if you want to go buy tickets early. Will there be fewer guests at the party on the 19th than in the MK on the 20th? Probably, but that close to Christmas it is going to be busy both days.

Yes, the daytime parade will be the MVMCP parade and the fireworks will be Holiday Wishes after the last party. Save your money and go on the 20th.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The last party will likely sell out, so if you want to go buy tickets early. Will there be fewer guests at the party on the 19th than in the MK on the 20th? Probably, but that close to Christmas it is going to be busy both days.

Yes, the daytime parade will be the MVMCP parade and the fireworks will be Holiday Wishes after the last party. Save your money and go on the 20th.
The crowds will still be low/average during regular park hours. Parks really don't show much of the Christmas crowds until 22-23rd or so. Most schools are still in until a few days before Christmas depending what day Christmas falls on that year. So they would probably not have a very large crowd to deal with on 12/20. 12/20 does fall on a Saturday this year so you just never know. Hard to tell/foresee this year. I'm just going by the years we have been the week before Christmas last year included and the crowds were not bad at all. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The crowds will still be low/average during regular park hours. Parks really don't show much of the Christmas crowds until 22-23rd or so. Most schools are still in until a few days before Christmas depending what day Christmas falls on that year. So they would probably not have a very large crowd to deal with on 12/20. 12/20 does fall on a Saturday this year so you just never know. Hard to tell/foresee this year. I'm just going by the years we have been the week before Christmas last year included and the crowds were not bad at all. :)
We have also been the week before Christmas the last 5 years and I would not agree that crowds were "low". And the last MVMCP has always sold out; I always think it is better to be prepared for crowds and then be happy if it is less busy than to expect it not to be crowded and it is.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We have also been the week before Christmas the last 5 years and I would not agree that crowds were "low". And the last MVMCP has always sold out; I always think it is better to be prepared for crowds and then be happy if it is less busy than to expect it not to be crowded and it is.
Yes I was not speaking about the party as that will sell out without a doubt but we found the parks not bad at all last year the week before. The 20th lands on a Saturday that's why I also said you just never know about the crowds. Might be really crowded and it might not. So I do agree as you said its better to think they will be busy and if not then hey so much the better. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom