The weather is here...I wish you were beautiful...or something like that!

Hello again, my WDWMagic peeps! Welcome back for another installment in the many adventures of SweetPee's family!

Not gonna get too organized or crazy piecing this one together. It's against the rules after such a kicked-back journey. If you don't know us yet, check out a few of the old reports in my signature. There's more than enough there for you to get to know us.

No big who, what, when, or where's for ya this time, either. Wanna know? Read more. Sometimes you just gotta go with what you get and enjoy the ride. Hope you'll come along. The more the merrier. Let's hit the highway yet again....:wave:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Not sure HOW I missed the TR! Although I haven't been on here nearly as much as I used to. I DO miss our long emails, but have to admit that my trip report commentary got a LITTLE out of hand! :oops: I imagined you opening your email and thinking "Holy cow! Does she have nothing else to do??? How can I possibly ever reply to this novel??" Sorry, I talk entirely too much and obviously that spills over into my emails. But no, I was not boycotting your TR! LOL!

Summer has been pretty busy for us this year. This is the first year that both boys are staying home alone. Either my mother or I run home at lunch everyday to make or bring them lunch and check on them. (This helps avoid any cooking mishaps!) Of course, they are sleeping until 11 or 12 which gives me only 5 hours to worry about!! Teenagers can seriously sleep ALL day!

Ryan also switched jobs in late May and now has to work only 1 Saturday a month! After 9 years of working every Saturday year round, this is heaven! We took a vacation to my dad's house in SC the week after he left Sea Ray and it was our first summer vacation in 9 years. He is loving his new job and I am loving all the time we have together. Best decision EVER!

You're gonna have to email me and fill me in on the apartment situation. Last time I talked to you, you were house hunting in Houston. I totally understand your depression over losing your house. My mom still lives in my childhood home and Ryan and I are still living in the first house we purchased 17 years ago! I especially feel for you since you don't have your dollies or sewing with you. That's just cruel. :(

I would TOTALLY come to the airport to meet you! We'll have to see what we can do. :)

Tracey is such a model husband and kudos to him for planning a kid free cruise! I love it that you guys are still so much in love and not afraid to show it! Kids need to see that their parents are in love and boys need to see how a real man treats a woman...with respect and affection. Ryan and I make a point of going on date nights at least twice a month so that the boys can see that our marriage is important to us and that they are not the entire focus of our world! Well, that's really secondary to the joy we get in spending a few hours talking to each other without interruption! Seeing such depressing divorces as I do everyday, you guys give me hope for the institution of marriage! So, good job...keep it up...more adults only vacations! ;)

Last thing.....girl, you seriously ROCKED that bikini!! I cannot even believe you have body image issues! I would hack my arm off for your body (even AFTER the cruise bloat!) I love the skirt and it was totally age appropriate. Nothing worse than seeing some "older" woman in a string bikini...even if she has the body to wear it...just ick! Older is in parenthesis because you are NOT old and I was NOT trying to insinuate that you were. Anyhoo, love it that you posted the "before" and "after" bikini picks!

P.S. A sweepea worthy report is one which is written in an honest, conversational tone with wit, self-deprecating humor and an admission that life isn't perfect and neither was your vacation! Did that explain it for ya?? ;)

Awwww...I could just kiss you! Too stinkin' sweet to me! I've so gotta make time to email you (& a few others) to get caught up. Totally didn't know Ryan switched jobs! Ugh!

Thanks for the bikini/swimsuit compliments. I sooooo am hitting the diet & exercise haaard in the hopes I can get relatively close to my TL pic in less than 2 months. I'm so not even in the same ballpark as of right now. **sigh**

Your P.S. totally tickles me. I think I went over that one about a thousand times in my brain yesterday. I really do hope my writing style isn't too much of all the things you mentioned because it's so easy to go overboard in any one of those areas. My main goal whenever I write is to keep it honest without going to far. I'm looking forward to your report, too! I'm so excited for you!!!!!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Reading this has me so excited for the girl's cruise, I can't even contain it lol. AAHHHHHHH

I think I've gone back to read this report a few times just to pump me up more for the upcoming cruises. I can't wait either!!!!

Um okay no offence to anyone but I'm just gonna say it like it is...This is the best Tr ever!!!!
funfact:May 11th is significant for me too it's my hubby's b day(who I also didnt hit it off with in the beginning,I once slapped him in the face for making a comment about my "assests" mind you we were too young for him to be talking that way )So i totally get it LOL.
I loved all the pics and details from your small plane adventure,I liked learning about things I never would've known otherwise.
OMG being that I love all things piratey I totally have to get my mom to make me a skirt like yours.That is just too cute for words!!!!

Thank YOU! Yay for your hubby's birthday being the same as one of our special days! If you love all things piratey you need to get your mom to make you a skirt then go on a Disney cruise so you can soak up the glory of Pirate Night!!! It is soooooo fun!

Sarabell

I always love your reports! you have me completely sold on a Disney cruise, I just need to save for the next 10 years!

As always I love how close your family is and how much fun you have on vacation together.

I´m glad you had fun and thanks for sharing it with us broke people! :p

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I always love your reports! you have me completely sold on a Disney cruise, I just need to save for the next 10 years!

As always I love how close your family is and how much fun you have on vacation together.

I´m glad you had fun and thanks for sharing it with us broke people! :p

Thank you! We do have a ton of fun together no matter where we are. Don't worry, I'm definitely one of those broke people. I scrimp & save continually to make the trips happen. Stay on top of discounts and stuff. You'd be surprised how inexpensive a cruise can be.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I would like to formally retract my statement that Schlitterbahn-Galveston Island compares with the Atlantis Aquaventure. Yes, Schlitterbahn has a really fun river (rapids & waves) but they lack the scenery and shade that Atlantis' river has. Then again, the (discounted) price for an adult admission to Schlitterbahn is about $41 each. You're welcome to bring coolers & food in with you. The price for the Atlantis Aquaventure is $169 each. Yikes! Also, factor in that Galveston Island is 30 minutes drive for us. Atlantis? Well, gotta fly or cruise to get there. LOL! Definitely Atlantis has better scenery. Tracey saw a guy at Schlitterbahn today wearing a shirt that said "Schlitterbahn - An American Tradition". He said, "I need a shirt that says 'Atlantis - A Bahamian Tradition'". Heehee!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom