The WDW Parks - Incoming Additions Hopes and Predictions

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Recently, I have been seeing a lot of information addressing possible changes coming to all 4 main Disney parks in the Orlando area. What are these changes? Well, that's the thing. I wanted to create a thread that incompasses the confirmed, rumored, and just plain old possible hopes, and our thoughts on each one.

Magic Kingdom:
The park that needs the least. It has like, more rides than all of the other parks combined, which is just insane. A Tron themed ride is coming soon which I think it bleh but whatever. At least it will be new and fresh. I am hearing also that a lot will be added to both Frontier and Tomorrow Land... Nice, though some Adventure Land changes would be great.

Epcot:
The park that needs attention the most imo. It is very outdated to me, and every area needs updating, especially future land. I would really like to hear your suggestions on this one, since I have no clue what can or will do. I think Epcot should celebrate human achievement, so maybe another land would be good even. A whole overhaul is order.

Hollywood Studios:
Already undergoing rehaul, idk the specifics but I really hope they somehow make a Marvel land here.

Animal Kingdom:
The newest park, and my personal favorite, DAK is not in need of an revamp as are the previous two, though what it needs most is quite simply, more. It has 6 rides right now, which isn't as bad when they are usually such high quality and one is up to 25min long, plus there are plenty of great shows and animal exhibits (though more ways to view animals and more of them are in order). It needs more. Expansion... Beastly Kingdom and all that is fine but right now, add some more to Asia and Africa, rehaul Dinoland, etc.

All of these parks should have the quantity and quality of MK at some point. I just hope that they all get the needed attention.

Thoughts?

Gainesvillain

MK - excited about the Tron coaster, as the other one in China looks amazing . . . Wish that they would ditch Stitch!

EPCOT (yes, I refuse to use the newish lowercase letters) - I wish Future World was more complete-feeling and more cohesive . . . Love WS, but would love an attraction (ride or show or both if you are France!) and would love a new country or two (Brazil with an Amazon river ride!)

DHS - stoked for both new lands, esp SW, although TS looks awesome as well . . . also excited for new Mickey Runaway RR . . . BatB show has hung around toooooo long . . . Leave ToT theme alone and give RRC a GotG makeover (mix tape music!)

AK - agreed, my fav park as well . . . Ditch or complete redo Dino Land, as it just doesn't work for me . . . Would love to see Australia added!

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I agree... EPCOT's future world could be better, updated with more great attractions and more traditional rides. I would love for Hollywood Studios to become a direct competitor with IoA at Universal, with themed lands dedicated to particular franchises. Animal Kingdom could really do with a new dinoland... Maybe call it Mesozoica and make it set in prehistoroc time after we have found a way to travel back in time. Australia would be nice, maybe a European or even island/ocean land would be cool.

LUVofDIS

Magic Kingdom needs very little, hoping they get the TRON ride done correctly. There are rides that need refreshing, rides like Space Ranger Spin, maybe do something with Country Bears, Tiki Room. Maybe update the last room in Carousel of Progress. Attractions like The Philharmagic and Laugh Floor should get new stories or additional stories. The only attractions I would like to see replaced would be Stitches Great Escape and I wish they would bring back Mr. Toads Wild Ride.

EPCOT is the park that needs the most. The theme needs to remain educational. The World Showcase is in good shape, France is getting a ride, a Ratatouille themed ride.

Future World needs the most work.
A redo of Journey into Imagination might be nice.
I personally love Mission Space, I love the gravitational force that is experienced. I just wish when it was refreshed they would have come up with a new story line and also have various stories so that you could experience something new each time.
Soarin' needs a quality screen and image upgrade.
I don't feel that Guardians belong here unless they find a way to make it educational.
The Seas with Nemo and Friends needs a total redo.
Turtle Talk, Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Living with the Land and the aquariums are all nice and should be left alone.

Hollywood Studios will be amazing in a few years. Though I wish Great Movie Ride was refreshed rather than replaced. Please leave Tower of Terror alone.
Beauty and the Beast I love, I love my wife's face every time she sees it. The same goes for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Muppet Vision is still awesome. I am a little tired of Indiana Jones though. The rest is fine.

Animal Kingdom is awesome right now, its weakest link would be Dinoland. I hope that Flights of Wonder does not get ruined, that is one of my favorites. The shows are all good, though I know I am in the minority, I am not a huge fan of the Lion King, it just doesn't do it for me. I love Finding Nemo. I can see why it is loved so much, its just not for me. The weird thing is, The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie. Go figure.

Disney Springs is coming into its own, we are starting to like visiting there now.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom needs very little, hoping they get the TRON ride done correctly. There are rides that need refreshing, rides like Space Ranger Spin, maybe do something with Country Bears, Tiki Room. Maybe update the last room in Carousel of Progress. Attractions like The Philharmagic and Laugh Floor should get new stories or additional stories. The only attractions I would like to see replaced would be Stitches Great Escape and I wish they would bring back Mr. Toads Wild Ride.

EPCOT is the park that needs the most. The theme needs to remain educational. The World Showcase is in good shape, France is getting a ride, a Ratatouille themed ride.

Future World needs the most work.
A redo of Journey into Imagination might be nice.
I personally love Mission Space, I love the gravitational force that is experienced. I just wish when it was refreshed they would have come up with a new story line and also have various stories so that you could experience something new each time.
Soarin' needs a quality screen and image upgrade.
I don't feel that Guardians belong here unless they find a way to make it educational.
The Seas with Nemo and Friends needs a total redo.
Turtle Talk, Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Living with the Land and the aquariums are all nice and should be left alone.

Hollywood Studios will be amazing in a few years. Though I wish Great Movie Ride was refreshed rather than replaced. Please leave Tower of Terror alone.
Beauty and the Beast I love, I love my wife's face every time she sees it. The same goes for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Muppet Vision is still awesome. I am a little tired of Indiana Jones though. The rest is fine.

Animal Kingdom is awesome right now, its weakest link would be Dinoland. I hope that Flights of Wonder does not get ruined, that is one of my favorites. The shows are all good, though I know I am in the minority, I am not a huge fan of the Lion King, it just doesn't do it for me. I love Finding Nemo. I can see why it is loved so much, its just not for me. The weird thing is, The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie. Go figure.

Disney Springs is coming into its own, we are starting to like visiting there now.

Yeah, Magic Kingdom is pretty set. I would like to see some more in Adventureland, but even it is pretty set.

Epcot should remain educational but also surely entertaining. I have my doubts on Guardians, but it may be good and educational. I think Journey into Imagination could be refurbed and Living with the Land given a more entertaining side. World showcase could do with some more rides rides and lands though - right now it hardly showcases the world. Needs more Asia and some Africa, etc.

Hollywood Studios is going to be great, I do think still that if we got a Marvel land, it would complete everything so totally.

Animal Kingdom is great, but it could do with more rides. They are set with shows but every park needs way more rides, especially DAK. Maybe some rides in Africa, a few more rides in Asia and Pandora, and of course a rehaul of Dinoland U.S.A.

ppete1975

magic kingdom - needs more people eaters (lots of people only go to magic kingdom and are unaware there are 3 other parks).. first timers: "its the one with the castle!!!" that's where the theater would have been nice
epcot- doesn't need the most, it needs to be plussed and cared about without destroying what is still there. I would like to see the seas brought back to being an aquarium and not a gimmick nemo land and figment returned to glory
the problem with future world is if they do anything with these buildings its not going to be put back to what it was and educational old epcot.. it will be either razed or ip'd. I am hoping the fact that they are using figment as the mascot for epcot and his merchandise sells great that it makes them realize he needs to be put back.
Hollywood studios- right now needs the most. yes eventually it will have star wars and tsl and mickey but once star wars opens there isn't enough crowd eaters to take care of the masses, its going to need more. leave muppets alone and mickey is a huge improvement over the nostalgia people have for great movie ride (it was way past its due, needed to be gutted) I can understand a new great movie ride.. maybe around Disney properties being a better choice than mickey but the old ride was way too dated.
animal park is fine for now

there will be no marvel land. they legally cant do it

BlakeW39

Original Poster
magic kingdom - needs more people eaters (lots of people only go to magic kingdom and are unaware there are 3 other parks).. first timers: "its the one with the castle!!!" that's where the theater would have been nice
epcot- doesn't need the most, it needs to be plussed and cared about without destroying what is still there. I would like to see the seas brought back to being an aquarium and not a gimmick nemo land and figment returned to glory
the problem with future world is if they do anything with these buildings its not going to be put back to what it was and educational old epcot.. it will be either razed or ip'd. I am hoping the fact that they are using figment as the mascot for epcot and his merchandise sells great that it makes them realize he needs to be put back.
Hollywood studios- right now needs the most. yes eventually it will have star wars and tsl and mickey but once star wars opens there isn't enough crowd eaters to take care of the masses, its going to need more. leave muppets alone and mickey is a huge improvement over the nostalgia people have for great movie ride (it was way past its due, needed to be gutted) I can understand a new great movie ride.. maybe around Disney properties being a better choice than mickey but the old ride was way too dated.
animal park is fine for now

there will be no marvel land. they legally cant do it

A Marvel land is not legally possible right now, I know. However it would be wrong to assume that Disney could not find a way. As far as Epcot, it really needs to be worked from the ground up concerning future world. World Showcase needs a lot more. HS needs something right now but there are plans to fix that. A Marvel land would be too cool an addition lol. Magic Kingdom needs the least, if anything they need to add some new rides in to keep interest, while upgrading all the other parks to have similar draw. Animal Kingdom is great but it needs many more rides and maybe some more ways to view animals. Like some more exhibits in Africa and a boat ride in Asia. Ofc Dinoland needs a rehaul.

IanDLBZF

MK - Other than a few refurbs or updates (i.e. HOP, Country Bears) we should be good once TRON is done.

Epcot - Epcot's theme should remain educational. World Showcase is in good shape, Ratatouille and Mary Poppins should be good additions to Epcot. Maybe a new country or two could be on the way.
Future World needs updates the most. A redo to Journey Into Imagination would be GREAT, especially if Figment and Dreamfinder can be incorporated. I'd replace the short film fest with an Inside Out themed Adventure. ImageWorks is in desperate need of a redo.
The Seas with Nemo and Friends need an update, as does Spaceship Earth and Living With The Land.
Soarin' needs a projector upgrade.
Everything else can stay untouched.
Looking forward to Guardians.

Hollywood Studios - Fine for now. Though a new show or two would be excellent.

Animal Kingdom - With the recent opening of Pandora, the only areas of concern would be at least 1 new attraction in Pandora and two new high end D-Ticket attractions in Asia. Africa could use a new E-Ticket attraction. A new continent would be great too. As for DinoLand, that has to go, with the exception of DINOSAUR, which CTX/DINOSAUR's surrounding area could be rethemed into a Dino Institute/SEA theme. DinoRama, and the Theater In The Wild would be removed in it's entirety and replaced with Zootopia (in lieu of Rafiki's Planet Watch as being rumored now). Theater in the Wild would be gutted and a new Zootopia E-Ticket Attraction would take its place, of course 3 new E-Ticket or high end C- or D-Ticket attractions would be helpful too.

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - Nothing in particular really needed....

BlakeW39

Original Poster
MK - Other than a few refurbs or updates (i.e. HOP, Country Bears) we should be good once TRON is done.

Epcot - Epcot's theme should remain educational. World Showcase is in good shape, Ratatouille and Mary Poppins should be good additions to Epcot. Maybe a new country or two could be on the way.
Future World needs updates the most. A redo to Journey Into Imagination would be GREAT, especially if Figment and Dreamfinder can be incorporated. I'd replace the short film fest with an Inside Out themed Adventure. ImageWorks is in desperate need of a redo.
The Seas with Nemo and Friends need an update, as does Spaceship Earth and Living With The Land.
Soarin' needs a projector upgrade.
Everything else can stay untouched.
Looking forward to Guardians.

Hollywood Studios - Fine for now. Though a new show or two would be excellent.

Animal Kingdom - With the recent opening of Pandora, the only areas of concern would be at least 1 new attraction in Pandora and two new high end D-Ticket attractions in Asia. Africa could use a new E-Ticket attraction. A new continent would be great too. As for DinoLand, that has to go, with the exception of DINOSAUR, which CTX/DINOSAUR's surrounding area could be rethemed into a Dino Institute/SEA theme. DinoRama, and the Theater In The Wild would be removed in it's entirety and replaced with Zootopia (in lieu of Rafiki's Planet Watch as being rumored now). Theater in the Wild would be gutted and a new Zootopia E-Ticket Attraction would take its place, of course 3 new E-Ticket or high end C- or D-Ticket attractions would be helpful too.

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - Nothing in particular really needed....

I mean yes, I think we can all agree that Magic Kingdom is in need of the least amount of work, and HS will be good once the new things open. Epcot is really in trouble, I can't even bring myself to go because it is so boring to me... An Inside Out ride or some ride based around emotion would be great. A better Journey into Imagination would be awesome. World Showcase needs some more lands to me. DAK is great but yes, Dinoland just needs to be worked from the ground up. I really want to see the whole land set in the Mesozoic period of time. Africa could use some rides, as could Asia, maybe a boat ride that is a shorter version of a Kilimanjaro Safari in Asia and some dark rides or thrill rides in Africa. Keep in mind Africa is the most iconic land but only has one ride right now, even though it is easily the most complicated theme park ride.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I just thought about this, but what do you all think of a new story driven dark ride, similar to Pirates, but themed to 2016's Jungle Book. It would be great I think. What park would it go it though? Idk if I would want an IP experience like that in DAK... Maybe.

KBLovedDisney

Un-popular opinion: I actually like the "GPS guy." Sure, I like the one better that was played from 2004-2012 but I don't mind the new one.
To each their own. Honestly, the last couple of times I have ridden the monorail, the narration was cut off or the people in the cars were too loud.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
Yep. IMO, this is one of WDW's major flaws right now...

Nice. I think that the largest flaw is quite simply, uneven park guest distribution. Magic Kingdom has about as many rides and attractions as all the others do combined and thus, Magic Kingdom is the 3rd largest of the 4 but has nearly twice as many visitors as any other park. I think the other parks need to play catch-up and open some new attractions. Lots of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom