Rumor The Wave to become an 'Incredibles Steakhouse'

JustInTime

I am for this. It’s probably my least favorite resort. If it were redone, I’d actually stay there. My thoughts is to cover the mural with something that is removable down the line should they decide to relocate or preserve it.

brihow

I feel that this could extend to maybe being a “floor” of the Contemporary. I don’t see them going full out in this instance.

I agree - go crazy and theme all the rooms on one floor and give guests the option.

That being said - I don't have a problem with them giving the lobby /dining level a refresh and making it more streamlined and classy. But they WILL be receiving a long letter from me if they try to cover or destroy the Mary Blair mural.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Because then they can’t bill it as a new “immersive” Incredibles Resort, or charge appropriately
I think it’ll be fine. The incredibles will just be hosting Mickey and friends. Maybe Jack Jack has a Mickey plush in the Incredibles 3, so it ties in.

Haymarket2008

I agree - go crazy and theme all the rooms on one floor and give guests the option.

That being said - I don't have a problem with them giving the lobby /dining level a refresh and making it more streamlined and classy. But they WILL be receiving a long letter from me if they try to cover or destroy the Mary Blair mural.

Totally. They need to go all in on the mid century design and have it key off of the mural. It’s a masterpiece.

trainplane3

Work continues:
https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/room...-for-mid-century-modern-incredibles-makeover/
ECaqe7rXsAE6aw8.jpg:orig

EpcotCenter82

I do like the idea of a midcentury modern look for the Contemporary. A full-on, all-over Incredibles theme would...not be something I would want.
I think it would be cool to return the decor in the Grand Canyon Concourse to how it appeared when the resort opened in 1971. Those neat (at least to a 13-year-old at the time) plexiglas trees, the vibrant carpet that matched the colors of the Mary Blair mural, etc.

tribbleorlfl

As someone who collects mid century furniture and artwork, I'm ok with this. The production design and details in Incredibles 2 (and to a lesser extent, the original film) had me drooling the entire movie. And considering mid century design is currently "in" again, it fits in with the "Contemporary" theme.

PurpleJesus

No. I do not. I understand the economics of the situation just fine.

There’s a difference between justified and deserved.
And who gets to be the judge of "deserved". You? The people that book the rooms and pay the rates and keep the place almost always full? Me?

Disney sets the rate as high as they can for all of their rooms. So does every company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom