Rumor The Wave to become an 'Incredibles Steakhouse'

Surfin' Tuna

I haven't looked at his site, but I do know there were either two or three rooms already done. They were toured by the bobs when they were here at the end of June and beginning of July. The info I got then was that they received the thumbs up, but after some considerable cussing and a small comment or two on here I had forgotten to follow up on it.

eddie104

Hopefully it's like a sixties lounge type of deal and not like...superhero themed. If they're trying to market The Contemporary as the ultimate Disney MidCentury experience or something. Which makes no sense because if that's the case they severely need to work on the colors of the carpet/the store designs in the middle. Ehhh.
Huhh ???

Spash007

I can see how the Incredibles can be worked into the Contemporary, just as the Wilderness Lodge has the forest animals worked into some of the details. Some artwork here, some color schemes there, sure. But a full re-theming of the entire resort? I just don't see it happening. Would the return really be worth it? And that would then require Chef Mickey's going, which I don't think they would do.

alex0c

While I certainly hope they don't theme the *entire* resort to The Incredibles, I honestly think what we can see so far looks good. I love the artwork and I think the IP is relatively subtle. The carpet color scheme better matches the Mary murals, and I like the light wood framing around the doors.

What's there now is just sad IMO- could be an airport hotel. I think it's an improvement.

TrojanUSC

Jesus. Disney just won't rest until they've tarnished everything Mary ever touched, will they?

I love her but I think the mural objectively just doesn't work if they are going to redo the concourse to modernize it. It's massively out of place. If only they could move it to Coronado or a place where it would work coherently with the current theme. Most people have no idea why it's there or the fact the concourse was really originally done in a southwest motif, which was very popular in the 60s and 70s. Heck, the fact the concourse is still called the Grand Canyon concourse is surprising and most probably assume name name comes from the size of the open concourse, rather than the fact there used to be anything southwestern in it.

wedenterprises

I like the 60s inspiration, I think incredibles is a good theme if used subtly. I could do without that carpet, but otherwise I like the wall and art. Curious to see what becomes of the Wave, it's a hidden gem.

Unpopular opinion, but I think the Blair mural is ugly.

britain

I love her but I think the mural objectively just doesn't work if they are going to redo the concourse to modernize it. It's massively out of place. If only they could move it to Coronado or a place where it would work coherently with the current theme. Most people have no idea why it's there or the fact the concourse was really originally done in a southwest motif, which was very popular in the 60s and 70s. Heck, the fact the concourse is still called the Grand Canyon concourse is surprising and most probably assume name name comes from the size of the open concourse, rather than the fact there used to be anything southwestern in it.

Yeah, it's a shame that her grandest piece doesn't quite work, or at least hasn't aged well in the hotel context.

Last edited:

wdwfan22

The Contemporary is the weakest deluxe by far so it certainly needs a face lift, just not a complete facial reconstruction.
I wouldn’t go that far. I’ve stayed at every single deluxe resort and in my opinion boardwalk is the weakest link. Animal kingdom lodge and wilderness also rank low as they have small rooms compared to the others. contemporary is far from the weakest link.

peter11435

I wouldn’t go that far. I’ve stayed at every single deluxe resort and in my opinion boardwalk is the weakest link. Animal kingdom lodge and wilderness also rank low as they have small rooms compared to the others. contemporary is far from the weakest link.
I think it comes down to a matter or opinion. In my opinion Contemporary is not only the weakest deluxe. It’s the weakest non value resort at WDW.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom