The Walt Disney Company's 2020 Annual Meeting of Shareholders

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The annual meeting of shareholders of The Walt Disney Company, including remarks by management regarding the Company, will be available live via audio webcast beginning at 10:00 a.m. EDT / 7:00 a.m. PDT on March 11, 2020.

Slpy3270

Kinda hilarious that they talk about being "incredibly resilient" in the face of coronavirus while their stock price tanks and potentially thousands of jobs are cut.

seascape

Kinda hilarious that they talk about being "incredibly resilient" in the face of coronavirus while their stock price tanks and potentially thousands of jobs are cut.
The are resilient. There is no doubt they will survive this and go on. The stock price is down because no one knows how bad or long this will go on but it will end. Who will lose? I Drive faces the hardest time. Hotels off of Disney or Universal Property. The Disney Springs hotels will survive. As far as timeshares go, they face a real hard time, especially the small independent ones.

Looking towards the future, 1 to 2 years, I expect major changes in tourism. There will be major mergers. The strong will buy the weak at bargain base prices. Disney and Universal will survive. The key for Disney is Disney Plus and if it can get to profitability this year. I think they will because of the deals they are making in Europe. That will free up billions they can spend on buying up weak companies. On the cruise line, Disney will experience a big drop but since they are the cleanest line and always score great on their health inspections they will survive and be profitable but not nearly at their current rates. THE DCL is the only part of the company that will take years to return to its extreme profitability and it turns out made a mistake in ordering as many new ships. Hopefully they can cut back to just 2 more with no loss.

seascape

Better question- he acted liked he was actually seriously considering Progress City. :p
I did not think his answer to the Orlando housing problem indicated he would consider anything other than building apartment buildings. By the way it would be a good use of some of the land they purchased south of WDW that was already zoned for housing development. They could make a small profit on the investment and charge Cast Members below market prices. This would be good for the Cast Members and the company. It could increase morale, make a small profit and give them an advantage over other themepark companies in attracting employees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom