the walk from the mermaid section to the main hall....

nc_disneyfreak

Original Poster
Were booked for 8 days next april/early may...were in the little mermaid rooms, and I keep reading about how far the walk is from the mermaid section to the main hall....can someone give it to me straight lol? weve stayed in the toy story building at movies which was a 5-6 minute walk, and the baseball rooms at sports which was maybe 7-8 minutes....any info is appreciated

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Were booked for 8 days next april/early may...were in the little mermaid rooms, and I keep reading about how far the walk is from the mermaid section to the main hall....can someone give it to me straight lol? weve stayed in the toy story building at movies which was a 5-6 minute walk, and the baseball rooms at sports which was maybe 7-8 minutes....any info is appreciated
It's not even 5 minutes, unless you kid walks slow...

It isn't that far...around 800 to 1200 feet, as I recall...depending on which building you are in.

Lisalyn

My Disney BFF and I were having this same discussion yesterday as we are taking another girls trip Oct. 2014. POP Preferred or Little Mermaid Rooms. I've seen sites posting 15 minute walks! I think for the opportunity to stay in the Little Mermaid Room (which priced out comparable to POP Preferred...and we have both stayed at POP several times before) we will put on our big girl panties, suck it up and just know that eventually -we'll hit the door LOL :p

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My Disney BFF and I were having this same discussion yesterday as we are taking another girls trip Oct. 2014. POP Preferred or Little Mermaid Rooms. I've seen sites posting 15 minute walks! I think for the opportunity to stay in the Little Mermaid Room (which priced out comparable to POP Preferred...and we have both stayed at POP several times before) we will put on our big girl panties, suck it up and just know that eventually -we'll hit the door LOL :p

Anyone who says it's a 15 minute walk is just not paying attention to their watch.

As I said before, it's 800 - 1200 feet, depending on where you are staying in the LM section. If you consider that the average stride is 2 feet (it's not) then it's 400 - 600 steps. Each step takes you a second, which is a VERY leisurely pace, that's 6.6 minutes to 10 minutes...

Heck, it only takes about 5 minutes to walk from Pop to AoA...why should it take "15 minutes" to walk from Mermaid to Animation Hall?

It's just bollocks...

<grin>

Mot

Never stayed there, but I visited this spring. On a leisurely walk it took about 12 minutes. No different than walking from the back corners of Sports or Music. We are planning to stay in the Lttle Mermaid sectionin May of 2014. Hope this helps.

Lisalyn

Anyone who says it's a 15 minute walk is just not paying attention to their watch.

As I said before, it's 800 - 1200 feet, depending on where you are staying in the LM section. If you consider that the average stride is 2 feet (it's not) then it's 400 - 600 steps. Each step takes you a second, which is a VERY leisurely pace, that's 6.6 minutes to 10 minutes...

Heck, it only takes about 5 minutes to walk from Pop to AoA...why should it take "15 minutes" to walk from Mermaid to Animation Hall?

It's just bollocks...

<grin>

Oh I believe you dude! Just mentioning what I have seen written on other "sites" :) It could be 20 minutes and we'd still be staying there! LOL Just trying to get an idea due to the fact that we stay in the parks a longgggg time. Helps gauge stuff if you catch my drift. Thanks for your help! ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh I believe you dude! Just mentioning what I have seen written on other "sites" :) It could be 20 minutes and we'd still be staying there! LOL Just trying to get an idea due to the fact that we stay in the parks a longgggg time. Helps gauge stuff if you catch my drift. Thanks for your help! ;)

No worries. You'll enjoy it. I was at Pop in August and saw the LM part (it wasn't open yet, but near opening), and it looks fantastic. AoA is a stellar resort!

Also, a side plus, is that you can use the Pop or AoA busses at the parks. They are separate bus lines. Very convenient at the end of the day or when you want to get back to the resort quickly!

Lisalyn

No worries. You'll enjoy it. I was at Pop in August and saw the LM part (it wasn't open yet, but near opening), and it looks fantastic. AoA is a stellar resort!

Also, a side plus, is that you can use the Pop or AoA busses at the parks. They are separate bus lines. Very convenient at the end of the day or when you want to get back to the resort quickly!

That my friend is one of the main reasons I LOVE to stay at POP - its own bus system. That in my opinion is a HUGE plus vs. sharing with the All Stars. It's nice to hear AoA does the same thing. Thanks!!:)

nc_disneyfreak

Original Poster
great responses by all. we really appreciate it! the walk doesn't bother me at all, or the people were going with...my wife and I, my sister in law, and a total of 4 kids...kids ages are 8,7,3, and about 2..(in stroller) And when you think about it, the morning walk from our rooms in the little mermaid area to breakfast in the main hall, we will all be pumped up about the day ahead, so the only complaints may be at night on the way back lol...but then they can just crash....and us adults may have a nightcap lol...so making that walk twice a day isn't bad, and just to stay at AoA and see ALL the areas is going to be exciting!

ratherbeinwdw

great responses by all. we really appreciate it! the walk doesn't bother me at all, or the people were going with...my wife and I, my sister in law, and a total of 4 kids...kids ages are 8,7,3, and about 2..(in stroller) And when you think about it, the morning walk from our rooms in the little mermaid area to breakfast in the main hall, we will all be pumped up about the day ahead, so the only complaints may be at night on the way back lol...but then they can just crash....and us adults may have a nightcap lol...so making that walk twice a day isn't bad, and just to stay at AoA and see ALL the areas is going to be exciting!
We've stayed there a couple of times. If you walk through the center of the resort, instead of on the outside sidewalk, you save tons of steps and time. The one time I walked the sidewalk in 90+, I thought I would never make it, but when I walked down through the Lion King play area, it wasn't bad at all.

nc_disneyfreak

Original Poster
yeah I forgot the the lion king play area would be right through our walking path! awesome....sounds all great to me..we cannot wait until we see this resort!

We stayed there....never again!!!!! You're better off @ Pops preferred pool view!!!!!!! We should have gotten a golf cart at Little Mermaid...(if they had them)...

nc_disneyfreak

Original Poster
We stayed there....never again!!!!! You're better off @ Pops preferred pool view!!!!!!! We should have gotten a golf cart at Little Mermaid...(if they had them)...
not what I wanted to hear...nooooooo lol....well the average im hearing is about ten minutes, I figure were young and were taking the plunge. Our daughter will love the little mermaid room/area so why not? were going in late april early may so it wont be in the heat of the summer...we always make the walk from our room to eat bfast around 800 so I think well be fine

itsbetsyh

it's a fun walk! you get to walk through Little Mermaid and Lion King and maybe Nemo (can't remember) to get there. We want to stay in the LM rooms again! AoA is the only Value resort I'll stay in at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom