The Void

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Just curious if this attraction is still getting the crowds or has it really died down...I don't hear too much about this anymore.

Jon81uk

It would have been better as an addition to Disneyquest than the horrid NBA Snoozesperience.

Yep, imagine a DisneyQuest where it was properly updated with modern VR. Keep a lot of the arcade cabinets, replace the VR stuff (like Ride the Comix), keep Buzz Lightyear, update the rollercoaster simulator and the other interactive stuff and I think DQ could have been a big draw for Disney. Even if they needed to limit some things, such as the full Void style VR being a small extra charge or only one entry per admission/day.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Yep, imagine a DisneyQuest where it was properly updated with modern VR. Keep a lot of the arcade cabinets, replace the VR stuff (like Ride the Comix), keep Buzz Lightyear, update the rollercoaster simulator and the other interactive stuff and I think DQ could have been a big draw for Disney. Even if they needed to limit some things, such as the full Void style VR being a small extra charge or only one entry per admission/day.
IMO even if they didn't make Galaxy's Edge Smugglers run could have taken over the 6th floor where Alien encounter attraction was..It's basically PoTC battle for Buccaneer Gold mixed with Mission: Space. And I agree The void could have taken over Ride the Comix's former spot if it got walled off..

Hawkeye_2018

The Void experience is incredible. Though it's pricey and lacks replay value which may hurt attendance. I'd like to try the Wreck it Ralph one with my kids. Though the rumor is that a Marvel one is coming.

Jon81uk

The Void experience is incredible. Though it's pricey and lacks replay value which may hurt attendance. I'd like to try the Wreck it Ralph one with my kids. Though the rumor is that a Marvel one is coming.
Well you sort of already mention their solution to the lack of replay value, keep updating with new experiences and themes.

Again imagine if DisneyQuest had three dedicated spaces for these all with different experiences playing and they swapped them out occasionally, you could do all three or just one and if they swap them out then further incentive to come back.

mousekedoc

Premium Member
My 11 yo went crazy for the experience at the void. I wonder if years from now we walk into a black box amusement park where everyone has donned the necessary equipment to go building to building and experience different “rides”. This Void is so interactive. I don’t understand why it’s not Bigger.

JaxFLBear

Turns out they have a new game coming for it around The Avengers...Not sure how that works with the EoTM Contract as it is a Marvel Attraction based game..
That one will not be available at the Disney Springs (FL) location. So no issue related to the Marvel/Universal Contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom