The un-known fate of props

Jwhee

Original Poster
Sometimes, when one of our favorite Walt Disney World attractions close down, we all want to get our hands on one of the props! One of my favorite attractions, Tapestry Of Nations/Dreams, closed in 2003, and I've always wondered what happened to the drum units. Today while watching a very old video of the now closed Mouse Surplus warehouse, I saw two giant disco balls sitting in the background.. I thought that I've seen them before. I googled an image of one of the drum units, sure enough they were the disco balls from the top of the floats!

Many people have also wondered what happened to the crystal statute that used to sit in front of Space Ship Earth, in the video you can see it in a giant crate, about to get shipped out to California.

Do you ever wonder what happened to certain props? Who knows, maybe someone here knows what happened to it

Video-
The Tapestry disco balls are seen starting at 8:47

Jwhee

Original Poster
Do you have a timestamp for those? Seems odd that they would have them, since they used the same seats for Stitch.
Not sure. Post 2003, the seats shown in the video are purple, looks like they're made of plastic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom