The "Ultimate" Castle Park

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
Gonna jot down some ideas for potential Tomorrowland replacements for an interactive dark ride and a thrill ride:

• WALL-E
  • The Timekeeper
  • Horizons
  • Big Hero 6
  • The Rocketeer
  • Torn
  • Flubber
  • Stitch? (Currently also in Adventureland)
  • Journey into Imagination? (Could go in Discovery Bay tbh)
  • Iron Man/Guardians of the Galaxy/Fantastic Four
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
  • Mission to Mars/Flight to the Moon
  • Universe of Energy?
I feel like I’m still falling into the general sci-fi trap though. Disney considers Monsters Inc and Spider-Man good enough for Tomorrowland but I’m seeing it’s not really fitting the retro futurism vibe

stitchcastle

Gonna jot down some ideas for potential Tomorrowland replacements for an interactive dark ride and a thrill ride:

• WALL-E
  • The Timekeeper
  • Horizons
  • Big Hero 6
  • The Rocketeer
  • Torn
  • Flubber
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Universe of Energy?
I feel like I’m still falling into the general sci-fi trap though. Disney considers Monsters Inc and Spider-Man good enough for Tomorrowland but I’m seeing it’s not really fitting the retro futurism vibe

Tomorrowland is always kind of the toughest to nail down, but considering you're building the "ultimate" castle park, there's nothing wrong with leaning into the big sci-fi properties that Disney owns. The idea of "Retro Futurism" still opens it up to the fantasy of Aliens and science fiction and perhaps you could divide it into sub areas the way you have your Fantasyland. One area could be retro futurist Progress City type of place (Tron, The Peoplemover, Marvel could even fit in here) and then another could be something like a sci fi space port (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Guardians...).

The only things I'd maybe keep away from is the more fantasy oriented properties like Monsters Inc. Also, Spider-Man can fit if instead of the Universal storyline, you use 'Into The Spider-verse' as the basis as it leans much more into the sci-fi aspect.

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
You raise a good point- I think I’ve been treating it too much in the way Disney has- anything vaguely sci fi or scientific. Perhaps I could swap Monsters for Horizons, and Spider-Man with Iron Man? Or maybe even The Rocketeer? I was originally going to have a South Seas Club but it’s not very sci-fi itself
That sounds great man, Horizons especially.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No

• WALL-E
  • The Timekeeper
  • Horizons
  • Big Hero 6
  • The Rocketeer
  • Torn
  • Flubber
  • Meet the Robinsons
  • Universe of Energy?
I would cut MTR, HISTK, UOE, JII. The rest have a lot of potential. I would do Big Hero 6 as the interactive dark ride and Tron as the thrill ride but maybe a more kinetic version of the ride maybe it goes above the rooftops.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
If I were to make a suggestion for Frontierland maybe instead of just going for the stereotypical Desert theming go for a kind of Appalachian Mountains or a national park. You could incorporate the cancelled Lewis and Clark Expedition river raft ride and geyser mountain. I don’t know if that would be too similar too that bear land you would be doing but just an idea.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I think Adventureland is a big improvement when it comes to the show department. There is 3 shows which is a vast improvement over the 1 or 2 shows in Tomorrowland and no shows in fantasyland. Another thing to praise is the logos which I really like. I got a question tho, is Pirates of the Caribbean not here since there is no saying of a pirate ride at Pirate Island.

Original Poster
If I were to make a suggestion for Frontierland maybe instead of just going for the stereotypical Desert theming go for a kind of Appalachian Mountains or a national park. You could incorporate the cancelled Lewis and Clark Expedition river raft ride and geyser mountain. I don’t know if that would be too similar too that bear land you would be doing but just an idea.
You're pretty accurate to what I have planned for Frontierland (which I'm typing up right now!)! It's definitely less desert and more American wilderness in general, while not being too similar to Bear Country's PNW vibes.
I think Adventureland is a big improvement when it comes to the show department. There is 3 shows which is a vast improvement over the 1 or 2 shows in Tomorrowland and no shows in fantasyland. Another thing to praise is the logos which I really like. I got a question tho, is Pirates of the Caribbean not here since there is no saying of a pirate ride at Pirate Island.
The pirates are still here! I have a pretty good solution for fitting PotC on an island!

Original Poster
MainStreet.png

Frontierland

Tomorrowland_2055_Concept_Art.png

If you head westward from the central hub, you'll eventually find yourself in the American wilderness. Instead of just a western desert cowboy setting, this Frontierland takes a more green and lush approach, representing a wide range of the old frontier's many biomes. From the classic western town street to the open prairies, from a southwestern village to the Klondike, you can take the great trek out west in a single day!

Rides

The Desert
  • Big Thunder Mountain (Thrill Ride)
    • Found in the desert area of Frontierland, this classic ride is as wild as ever- and smooth, too! This version includes a take on the dynamite scene, with practical effects supplementing projections rather than only projections.
  • The Western River Expedition (Dark Ride)
    • Surrounding Big Thunder Mountain is a mountain range and a river, home to a lost legend that finally sees the light of day. This dark ride takes inspiration from the original, but modifies scenes to be more culturally sensitive, as well as changing the plot to differentiate itself from Pirates. The Redhead makes her return here!
  • Sailing Ship Columbia (Amusement Ride)
    • Found near the western town's docks is the Sailing Ship Columbia, which takes a ride around Old Pirate Island, with a stop allowing guests to step onto the island if they choose to.
The Prairie
  • Train Through Nature's Wonderland (Amusement Ride)
    • Headlining the prairie area, this classic attraction has a modern revival as a scenic tour of the American frontier. It weaves around the land itself, seeing animals from all three areas, with a finale in the legendary Rainbow Caverns. Cascade Peak returns in all its glory, being the second "mountain" in Frontierland.
  • Walt Disney Railroad - Frontierland Station (Amusement Ride)
    • The first stop on the railroad leaving Main Street, on the way into Frontierland guests pass by Big Thunder Mountain, getting a good look at the animatronic animals that inhabit it, as well as some animals you can't see from the ride itself. Leaving Frontierland, guests pass by Nature's Wonderland and Geyser Mountain.
The Klondike
  • Geyser Mountain (Thrill Ride)
    • The last mountain in the Frontierland range, this is the anchor of the Klondike area. Using a drop tower system like Tower of Terror, this ride emphasizes the launch rather than the drop- guests will enter an old log mill that was unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who you ask) built on top of Old Unreliable Geyser. Guests are blasted high into the air, getting great views of the park before dropping back down with a splash!

Attractions & Entertainment

The Desert
  • Recuérdame - A Celebration of Coco (Stage Show)
    • A stage show celebrating the music of Coco, as well as other traditional Mexican songs.
The Prairie
  • Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (Interactive)
    • Found in the prairie area, this iconic attraction returns with a new themed set. It's free-to-play, and prizes are given out based on score!
The Klondike
  • Geyser Gulch (Play Area)
    • Outside Geyser Mountain is a splash pad for young ones to play in. Small geysers shoot small jets of water and mist all around.

Dining

The Desert
  • Casa de Coco (Full Service)
    • Traditional Mexican restaurant settled next to the Coco show.
  • The Golden Horseshoe (Full Service)
    • Found in the wild west town. A recreation of the Diamond Horseshoe, this all-you-can-eat restaurant has live entertainment and serves up American classics.
The Prairie
  • Prairie Dog Cafe (Quick Service)
    • Found in the prairie, this restaurant themed to a log cabin serves up burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches.

Shops

The Desert
  • Frontierland Trading Post
    • A merchandise shop home to western-themed goods, and an extensive collection of pins.
  • Santa Cecilla Plaza Market
    • A store found in the little Coco area, selling Coco merchandise.

Last edited:

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No

Frontierland

Tomorrowland_2055_Concept_Art.png

If you head westward from the central hub, you'll eventually find yourself in the American wilderness. Instead of just a western desert cowboy setting, this Frontierland takes a more green and lush approach, representing a wide range of the old frontier's many biomes. From the classic western town street to the open prairies, from a southwestern village to the Klondike, you can take the great trek out west in a single day!

Rides

• Big Thunder Mountain (Thrill Ride)
    • Found in the desert area of Frontierland, this classic ride is as wild as ever- and smooth, too! This version includes a take on the dynamite scene, with practical effects supplementing projections rather than only projections.
  • The Western River Expedition (Dark Ride)
    • Surrounding Big Thunder Mountain is a mountain range and a river, home to a lost legend that finally sees the light of day. This dark ride takes inspiration from the original, but modifies scenes to be more culturally sensitive, as well as changing the plot to differentiate itself from Pirates. The Redhead makes her return here!
  • Sailing Ship Columbia (Amusement Ride)
    • Found near the western town's docks is the Sailing Ship Columbia, which takes a ride around Old Pirate Island, with a stop allowing guests to step onto the island if they choose to.
  • Train Through Nature's Wonderland (Amusement Ride)
    • Headlining the prairie area, this classic attraction has a modern revival as a scenic tour of the American frontier. It weaves around the land itself, seeing animals from all three areas, with a finale in the legendary Rainbow Caverns. Cascade Peak returns in all its glory, being the second "mountain" in Frontierland.
  • Geyser Mountain (Thrill Ride)
    • The last mountain in the Frontierland range, this is the anchor of the Klondike area. Using a drop tower system like Tower of Terror, this ride emphasizes the launch rather than the drop- guests will enter an old log mill that was unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who you ask) built on top of Old Unreliable Geyser. Guests are blasted high into the air, getting great views of the park before dropping back down with a splash!
  • Walt Disney Railroad - Frontierland Station (Amusement Ride)
    • The first stop on the railroad leaving Main Street, on the way into Frontierland guests pass by Big Thunder Mountain, getting a good look at the animatronic animals that inhabit it, as well as some animals you can't see from the ride itself. Leaving Frontierland, guests pass by Nature's Wonderland and Geyser Mountain.

Attractions & Entertainment

• Recuérdame - A Celebration of Coco (Stage Show)
    • A stage show celebrating the music of Coco, as well as other traditional Mexican songs.
  • Frontierland Shootin' Exposition (Walk-Through)
    • Found in the prairie area, this iconic attraction returns with a new themed set. It's free-to-play, and prizes are given out based on score!
  • Geyser Gulch (Play Area)
    • Outside Geyser Mountain is a splash pad for young ones to play in. Small geysers shoot small jets of water and mist all around.

Dining

• Casa de Coco (Full Service)
    • Traditional Mexican restaurant settled next to the Coco show.
  • The Golden Horseshoe (Full Service)
    • Found in the wild west town. A recreation of the Diamond Horseshoe, this all-you-can-eat restaurant has live entertainment and serves up American classics.
  • Prairie Dog Cafe (Quick Service)
    • Found in the prairie, this restaurant themed to a log cabin serves up burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches.
  • Harbor Galley (Quick Service)
    • Found by the Sailing Ship's dock, this small restaurant serves up seafood and chicken.

Shops

• Frontierland Trading Post
    • A merchandise shop home to western-themed goods, and an extensive collection of pins.
  • [Unnamed Coco Store]
    • A store found in the little Coco area, selling Coco merchandise.

Nice job, the lands get better the more you post as you learn how to make a balanced land with good anchor and support attractions but the land is also filled with shows, walkthroughs, and play areas. Overall this is a good land, the Columbia is a bit of a weird choice when a paddle boat would be a good alternative.

Original Poster
Nice job, the lands get better the more you post as you learn how to make a balanced land with good anchor and support attractions but the land is also filled with shows, walkthroughs, and play areas. Overall this is a good land, the Columbia is a bit of a weird choice when a paddle boat would be a good alternative.
Thanks! I’m honestly not really changing these much from my initial drafts yet- I figured changes would come from brainstorming with all of you!

In terms of the shop- there actually is a paddle boat, found in another land that’ll I’ll eventually cover!

Original Poster
Tomorrowland is always kind of the toughest to nail down, but considering you're building the "ultimate" castle park, there's nothing wrong with leaning into the big sci-fi properties that Disney owns. The idea of "Retro Futurism" still opens it up to the fantasy of Aliens and science fiction and perhaps you could divide it into sub areas the way you have your Fantasyland. One area could be retro futurist Progress City type of place (Tron, The Peoplemover, Marvel could even fit in here) and then another could be something like a sci fi space port (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Guardians...).

The only things I'd maybe keep away from is the more fantasy oriented properties like Monsters Inc. Also, Spider-Man can fit if instead of the Universal storyline, you use 'Into The Spider-verse' as the basis as it leans much more into the sci-fi aspect.
Good point, I think dividing the land into "areas" would be really nice! Especially since I've pretty much done that with the other three major lands haha

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I wonder how the other lands like Toontown or Bear Country will be done. Will they be clones of the already done lands or will it be unique from the other lands.

Original Poster
I wonder how the other lands like Toontown or Bear Country will be done. Will they be clones of the already done lands or will it be unique from the other lands.
I'll tease now- they're both completely original takes on each of the originals, with some attractions returning, some being cut, and some entirely new ones being added!

Original Poster
Quick patch notes: I realized I was working off an earlier version of Frontierland (I have a V1 and a V2 of the park, and once I've posted all the lands we'll be moving into V3 as I rework things), which had the Harbor House in it. The park's nautical seafood place is found in another land so it's not needed here! Timothy's Snack Shack got a new name to fit the area more (and because I'll be using "Snack Shack" in another land), and Adventureland got Aladdin's Other Lamp added.

I also added "areas" for Tomorrowland, Adventureland, and Frontierland, to match Fantasyland.

cdunlap

Indiana Jones and the Lost City (Dark Ride)
  • Indie is back on another expedition, this time exploring ancient ruins in search for a long-lost civilization. What he doesn't know is that he'll be coming face-to-face with a Quetzalcoatl, a giant feathered snake.
As the local Aztec Mythology fan, I can help you flesh out this concept!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom